So, when is the press conference?

If Kim's husband is valuable enough to be an assistant on the Marshall men's team and can be an asset to both Kim and the players at UT, them go for it. My only reservation would be the question of how well they work together and if the family dynamics allow them to accept the power structure. Easier when the spouses are co-hc, but that isn't a likely scenario at this time.

Maybe they plan to start a family soon and he's okay being Domestic Dad. Or maybe there's an available coaching job close to Knoxville.
If he coaches at Tennessee would have to be with her. I don't see how he could possibly stay at Marshall. Another coaching job in the Knoxville vicinity is the third option. Stay home and watch TV is the final option as she will be making more than they made together at Marshall by a lot. One more a lot of jobs that he would be behind the scenes like NIL director or other desk jobs.

If he coaches at Tennessee would have to be with her. I don't see how he could possibly stay at Marshall. Another coaching job in the Knoxville vicinity is the third option. Stay home and watch TV is the final option as she will be making more than they made together at Marshall by a lot.

Personally, I would take the final option.

Mark Knofler even wrote a song about it.

(Sorry, Britt. I had miscounted options earlier; preferred the last one all along. You may want to remove your concurrence).

Last edited:
If Kim's husband is valuable enough to be an assistant on the Marshall men's team and can be an asset to both Kim and the players at UT, them go for it. My only reservation would be the question of how well they work together and if the family dynamics allow them to accept the power structure. Easier when the spouses are co-hc, but that isn't a likely scenario at this time.

Maybe they plan to start a family soon and he's okay being Domestic Dad. Or maybe there's an available coaching job close to Knoxville.
Time for Rick Barnes to give his us all (a coaching position) to Tennessee (CKC’s husband).

While I wouldn't recommend this for relative newlyweds (or any married couples except in absolute emergencies, space exploration, or military deployments), they could maintain separate living arrangements for a while, anyway. I know some who made that work for the short term, but they were able to reconnect on weekends. That obviously wouldn't work for coaches during the season.

Personally, I would think she can use all the at-home support possible to adjust to the career-defining moment. Family and spouses can be the sounding boards, advisors, comforters, and touchstones that keep a career balanced and not overwhelming.

Any way.itneill.be on SEC network? Also, how long have they been married?

I heard married since last year. Don't know if that's accurate. Did they meet at Marshall when she came there last year?

At least it seems that the fan base has settled on a new last name.

And now perhaps "Kim" can refer to our coach and "Mulkey" will be reserved for the carnival performer.

While I wouldn't recommend this for relative newlyweds (or any married couples except in absolute emergencies, space exploration, or military deployments), they could maintain separate living arrangements for a while, anyway. I know some who made that work for the short term, but they were able to reconnect on weekends. That obviously wouldn't work for coaches during the season.

Personally, I would think she can use all the at-home support possible to adjust to the career-defining moment. Family and spouses can be the sounding boards, advisors, comforters, and touchstones that keep a career balanced and not overwhelming.

Maybe that's why she has use of the private jet in the contract

Her husband has never coached women’s basketball. Tbh Jon has lucked up onto every staff Kellie has been apart of. Outside of the 3 yrs he spent as an assistant at UTC with Kellie under Wes Moore he’s had none other experiences. Been following Kellie since.

Reactions: Smokey19rt
Personally, I would take the final option.

Mark Knofler even wrote a song about it.

(Sorry, Britt. I had miscounted options earlier; preferred the last one all along. You may want to remove your concurrence).

Well, it is certainly not my place to tell other people how to live their lives but I am a gonna do it anyway because "message board!!!"

I agree with you. The legit question people ask about the oft vilified Jon Harper was-- "what are the odds that Kellie married her best (or more most qualified) option for her assistant coach slot?"

The same question applies to CKC.

Now if she gets divorced and then marries Coach K. after a torrid Spring-Autumn romance, then I would be all in (and in fact that I advise that exact course of action).

I anticipate that CKC will not heed my wisdom. If things go well, no issue. If not, her (current) hubby-assistant coach will probably draw a lot of fan ire.

To me I jumped to either: 1.) keeping some folks here on staff or 2.) bringing her own people. Arguments to be made against both but one makes me far more nervous.
Exactly…kind of points to those two options. One makes me far more nervous than the others. One would mean a years long rebuild.

Reactions: LadyVol1908

VN Store

Back