So which team/teams get left out of the playoffs?

FSU defense could shut down some NFL offenses.

Google acc vs sec this year look at that won lost record (hint the sec didnt have a winning record..)

SEC was down this year end of the story, have fun sitting at home bama.
FSU defense was probably the best of the championship week. Yes they played a relatively weak Louisville team, but they made it look pedestrian and without much of a sweat broken. They look the part and the results speak for themselves. Their defense was fun to watch. Offense not so much.

Offensively, on the other hand, was a disaster after QB1 went down. But they did everything they needed to do to be a Top 4 team and a P5 champion. You can’t leave them out, in my opinion.

FSU strength of schedule is 55th. Their best win was against 3-loss LSU. Their quarterback is out. No way they're a top 4 team.

They are a 13-0 P5 champ. Something that Bama and Texas are not. The debate is between Texas and Bama and that was settled in Week 2.

SOS would not be a conversation if Travis wasn’t hurt. But now that he is, everyone wants to do mental gymnastics to set a new precedent. I don’t understand why people are trying to make it oit to be between Bama and FSU when FSU should likely be #3 and the 4th and final spot is going to Bama or Texas

Bama just beat a Georgia team that was on a 29 game winning streak.

That pretty much trumps anything that FSU has done all season
Did Florida State need a miracle throw with no time left to beat a crap auburn team? And Alabama still had their starting quarterback.

So you think FSU would beat Georgia? lmao
No one thought the 9-7 Giants would beat the 16-0 Patriots. You have to beat whoever is across the los to be Champs. Doesn't matter who it is. FSU probably can't beat GA 9 out of 10. But if they beat them that day, then they won. I didn't think TCU could beat Mkchigan last year, but they did.

FL State factor could be based on TCU Selection last year and may not be selected.

They are a 13-0 P5 champ. Something that Bama and Texas are not. The debate is between Texas and Bama and that was settled in Week 2.

SOS would not be a conversation if Travis wasn’t hurt. But now that he is, everyone wants to do mental gymnastics to set a new precedent. I don’t understand why people are trying to make it oit to be between Bama and FSU when FSU should likely be #3 and the 4th and final spot is going to Bama or Texas
It needs to be about FSU because if it is about Bama and Texas, Texas is in. Folks know that which is why all the attention on FSU vs Bama.

But I agree with you the conversation should be about Bama and Texas.

Or if Michigan and Washington are clearly the two best teams, it might be a good argument for the BCS.

I mean I don't really want to go back, but it'd be less melodrama.
I can’t imagine a good argument for thee undefeated power 5 schools and only two getting a chance to play for a Championship. If anything this entire thing is a phenomenal argument for an expanded playoff format. How have we had five Power 5 schools and only two playoffs spots for so long? It makes zero sense.

People are insane crazy over this.
Top 4 are: Michigan, Washington, FSU and Texas.
If any of those are left out for Bama to get I wont be surprisedjust disappointed. What happens on the field via results should be the deciding factor not who you think will win.
Same crap as last year with Bama ranked higher than the Vols with the same record and the Vols won the H2H. If the committee does it again I'm just going to shake my head and go on with my life but will never feel the same about college football again.

Both AP and Coaches polls have FSU in the top 4. Seems the writers and coaches are in favor of leaving Bama and UGA on the outside, looking in.
I’m fine with that, but we can only imagine how much Texas will run that mouth coming into the league next season. I’d like to see them have a rough go if it in the SEC, but with their recruiting base, resources and program history…the coming to the SEC probably only helps them more.

VN Store

Back