So why do we run the no huddle

Do you think the offense should keep going no huddle and get the defense on the field as fast as possible?

Do you think a mid-season complete overhaul of the entire Offensive scheme is going to produce different results? Please cite any evidence that this has EVER been successfully tried.

Dude that has absolutely nothing to do with the OPs question. Take that **** somewhere else. Everybody knows exactly how you feel. You don't have to state it in every single thread.

It's part of the scheme of this offense, is it not?

As long as Jones is here, we won't huddle, no matter how much it puts our D at a disadvantage later in games

Ball control is the name of the game. Everyone is afraid of these high power offenses, except teams who can run the ball and control the clock

Once we get back to that we will begin winning again

Reactions: 2 people
I've been more critical this season but I haven't and never will use that word in the same breath with UT.We still have a proud tradition that has a long history of winning. :hi:

Okay....you are right.....UT is awesome....they are the best football team in the country.....

Grow the hell up. The Vols suck and have for years.

This makes me no less of a fan than you. I want them to get better and win. You are obviously okay with losing.

That makes you a sorry fan

With so much inexperience on offense? Lots of blown assignments out there leading to negative plays and turnovers.

The craziest stat of the year is that we have started 6 true freshmen on offense this year (2 different TE), while only 7 have started for the other 13 SEC teams.

My guess is that you save a few seconds each down by NOT having a huddle. Through out the entire game you may be able to add a few more offensive plays to the game. Rather than run 84 offensive plays per game, you can now run 96 by shaving a few seconds off of every down.

Just a wild guess!!!

If this is true than he's in the wrong profession. Sorry but this is absurd.

It worked at central Michigan and Cincinnati until they tried it against higher level competition and it failed miserably. Remember bUTch brought a Cincinnati team into Knoxville that a Dooley led team ran out of town.

He may want to recalculate his formula or go to coaching seminars and learn new things or it may be the end of his career. This **** ain't working and they can't seem to adjust. They look confused on the sidelines. It's starting to show on the tv screen on their faces.

Or, hire someone who is an offensive brain, let them do their job, trust them, stay out of their hair and I think that is the answer. He needs to be a head coach. That means recruit like hell, create a well managed work environment for his staff(employees), let them do their job, keep the players in line and focused and out of trouble and so on.....

He can swallow his "philosophy pride"

Because it sucks right now and it's getting worse

“The plan is infallible if the players buy in,” Jones said of how he will overcome Tennessee’s recent struggles as a program.

That is from his first press conference when he was hired.

Jones wont change his plan.

Do you think a mid-season complete overhaul of the entire Offensive scheme is going to produce different results? Please cite any evidence that this has EVER been successfully tried.

Actually simplifying things and getting back to the basics is all they have to do. Ya know? Line up and play football the way each and every player we have has learned since little league.

Instead they are forcing them to run some **** they've never done in their entire lives of playing.

I believe this is the offenses number one problem. They don't know what the hell to do...they are confused...multiple plays a game there are defenders just simply not even being blocked or accounted for....

“The plan is infallible if the players buy in,” Jones said of how he will overcome Tennessee’s recent struggles as a program.

That is from his first press conference when he was hired.

Jones wont change his plan.

So all he will run is the read option or this disastrous version of it. That's it? This is what we have to look forward to? We will just be that predictable?

He will have to find a Cam Newton or a Tim Tebow every year. Those are once in 50 year type special players. Offenses are designed for players like them because that's playing to their strengths. It's called diversifying and adapting. 9 out of 10 QBs can't effectively run this offense. It's very unconventional.. so if bUTch doesn't get that player every time, he will force someone to play against what they can do?

I don't think he's that dumb.....but we shall see....

Do you think waiting 20 more seconds to snap the ball is overhauling the offense?

The no huddle this season is a detriment to this offense. They need to take up most of the clock try to get on the same page on every play. If they could do this and make two or three first downs we can run five six minutes off the clock and that is our best chance to win.

The no huddle this season is a detriment to this offense. They need to take up most of the clock try to get on the same page on every play. If they could do this and make two or three first downs we can run five six minutes off the clock and that is our best chance to win.

Its confusing our players more than the opposing defenses

Reactions: 1 person
Well, as I recall in our best game vs UGA IMO our offense had our best drive in no huddle to open up the 2nd half. No saying itll work all the time but we should do it every game just not all game. theres a time and place. I honestly am more upset about 2 or 4 hole dive/power play that we try ALOT. If your in a game where you have 0 rushing yards in the 3rd quarter I understand running the ball to mix it up but be creative dont run the same damn play that didnt work the first 18 rushing attempts. stretch, wildcat, delay, counter something other than here you go Jalen I want you to run at that hurd of elephants again. Lets see if we have a whole this time, but your probably going to get hit as soon as you feel leather.

So all he will run is the read option or this disastrous version of it. That's it? This is what we have to look forward to? We will just be that predictable?

He will have to find a Cam Newton or a Tim Tebow every year. Those are once in 50 year type special players. Offenses are designed for players like them because that's playing to their strengths. It's called diversifying and adapting. 9 out of 10 QBs can't effectively run this offense. It's very unconventional.. so if bUTch doesn't get that player every time, he will force someone to play against what they can do?

I don't think he's that dumb.....but we shall see....

Couple of simple questions.

What have they tried running the last year and a half?

Have there been any major deviations from it despite having Worley at QB instead of a Cam Newton type?

If you're expecting a switch to an I formation, play action style offense with hat on hat blocking, it ain't happening IMO

I don't like watching this any more than you do but it is what it is right now.

With so much inexperience on offense? Lots of blown assignments out there leading to negative plays and turnovers.

The craziest stat of the year is that we have started 6 true freshmen on offense this year (2 different TE), while only 7 have started for the other 13 SEC teams.

I actually prefer it with Nate as qb. Don't give him much time to think and let's him just two step drop and throw. But like it was said, first downs are the only reason to no huddle. I just want to see Nate throw for that first first down today. Get some swagger. I would assume he at least gets 3 series to show what he has.

If you do not have an offense capable of putting first downs together, if you are an obvious underdog, then you should be milking the clock so that, if we go three and out, at least the defense gets another couple of minutes of rest and we effectively shorten the game. We also shouldn't be running a read-option--also pointless.

That's concerning

Its expected with freshmen playing out of position, in a complex blocking scheme, against the toughest defenses in the nation. The question is if we should be running that blocking scheme, not that true freshmen are struggling with it. You know this, Count. You are a smart dude.

Not being a wise guy, but is that really all (7)? I figures there would be much more than that.

Its expected with freshmen playing out of position, in a complex blocking scheme, against the toughest defenses in the nation. The question is if we should be running that blocking scheme, not that true freshmen are struggling with it. You know this, Count. You are a smart dude.

I know you didn't address this to me but my question about starting the freshmen is this....why are they leaving more experienced players on the bench?

Wiseman, Sanders, Kendrick. All have been on campus two seasons.

It's taking an injury to Thomas to shake things up since Jones made his stance on the O line a month ago.

With all the expert coaches here on VN our Vols should never lose a game, LOL!

There's ONLY 1 way for players to learn a system so that they know it front and back...

Run that system over and over and over in real games against top teams so the players get real game knowledge and experience.

Then you have real game plays on tape to help players keep learning so they'll make less mistakes.

3 true freshmen on the O line and all on the same side against top teams normally won't work but that's where we're at with talent and experience right now.

I'll bet that 2 years from now all of you that whine like babies right now will be singing the high praises of buTch and his staff when the WINS start coming consistently and we're getting big upsets of some top teams.

#RiseToTheTop...VFL...GBO!!!

With all the expert coaches here on VN our Vols should never lose a game, LOL!

There's ONLY 1 way for players to learn a system so that they know it front and back...

Run that system over and over and over in real games against top teams so the players get real game knowledge and experience.

Then you have real game plays on tape to help players keep learning so they'll make less mistakes.

3 true freshmen on the O line and all on the same side against top teams normally won't work but that's where we're at with talent and experience right now.

I'll bet that 2 years from now all of you that whine like babies right now will be singing the high praises of buTch and his staff when the WINS start coming consistently and we're getting big upsets of some top teams.

#RiseToTheTop...VFL...GBO!!!

Bad habits are hard to break

If they are doing it wrong and its not getting corrected, stands to reason that they will continue to do it wrong

We have seen the same blocking mistakes over and over. Something is wrong other than being young on the line

Butch Jones runs the no huddle. Thats just what he runs. Yes, it takes good players and a lot of experience to be really effective. So if we stop running it, we are bascially just setting ourselves up for continued failure in the future. The only way to get better at it is keep running it.

So, some are basically suggesting that UT has a head coach not willing to do anything it takes to win. That's concerning and a losing proposition

VN Store

Back