So why do we run the no huddle

“The plan is infallible if the players buy in,” Jones said of how he will overcome Tennessee’s recent struggles as a program.

That is from his first press conference when he was hired.

Jones wont change his plan.

CBJ is trying to change the culture of the team. I believe he wants to win every game, but realisticly he has chosen to take a long term approach for long term success. These players have had multiple position coaches and head coaches. CBJ is trying to install a system. To change the system (ie - start running the I formation in the middle of the season or stop running the no-huddle) only defeats the purpose. He is seeking to provide the players with consistency. Will this approach work?,well the jury is still out.

I also believe most of us are beginning to realize how far Mike Hamiliton drove this program into the ground. It seems like Dave Hart has made a long term commitment to CBJ. Both DH and CBJ will be out of work if this approach does not work.

I do not think CBJ really cares what anyone else thinks about his plan, whether it be media or fans. Stubbornness is great if you succeed, if you fail then it is your downfall. But you are absolutely right, CBJ is not going to change his plan.

Reactions: 2 people
And how many starts have they had coming in to the year? Also those guys are also not even play in their natural positions.

Wiesman, Kendrick, and Sanders have more experience than Thomas and Robertson.

And if they aren't playing their natural positions then who is making those decisions?

CBJ is trying to change the culture of the team. I believe he wants to win every game, but realisticly he has chosen to take a long term approach for long term success. These players have had multiple position coaches and head coaches. CBJ is trying to install a system. To change the system (ie - start running the I formation in the middle of the season or stop running the no-huddle) only defeats the purpose. He is seeking to provide the players with consistency. Will this approach work?,well the jury is still out.

I also believe most of us are beginning to realize how far Mike Hamiliton drove this program into the ground. It seems like Dave Hart has made a long term commitment to CBJ. Both DH and CBJ will be out of work if this approach does not work.

I do not think CBJ really cares what anyone else thinks about his plan, whether it be media or fans. Stubbornness is great if you succeed, if you fail then it is your downfall. But you are absolutely right, CBJ is not going to change his plan.

Sounds like I finally found someone to get along with on here LMAO

Agree totally on Hamilton but would take that one step further. Fulmer is the one that got Hamilton into the AD's chair.

Everyone complaining about Dooley and Kiffin should really take a step back and direct just a little of that vitriol towards Hambone.

Sounds like I finally found someone to get along with on here LMAO

Agree totally on Hamilton but would take that one step further. Fulmer is the one that got Hamilton into the AD's chair.

Everyone complaining about Dooley and Kiffin should really take a step back and direct just a little of that vitriol towards Hambone.

I did not want to even mention Fulmer. I respect and appreciate CPF and the NC. But he contributed to this fiasco along with Hamilton.

Tennessee runs the HUNH to get back on defense quicker. Everyone knows offense sells tickets but defense wins championships.

I know you didn't address this to me but my question about starting the freshmen is this....why are they leaving more experienced players on the bench?

Wiseman, Sanders, Kendrick. All have been on campus two seasons.

It's taking an injury to Thomas to shake things up since Jones made his stance on the O line a month ago.

Great question brother. My best guess wouldnt be anywhere near the reality.

Duh. Clearly our defense is better so it's to get them on the field faster. 1st down for what?

You guys know that huddling or not huddling doesn't actually effect the tempo, right? Not huddling just allows you to go fast if you want and keeps the D from subbing. You can still line up and wait as long as you want.

I've played as much or close to as much as you have.

I have coached teams to success.

Does this qualify me for big time football coaching? No.

But I do fundamentally understand football. I don't think you do.....

If your line of thinking had prevailed in the 60's, we'd still be running the single wing..."Only 3 things can happen when you pass...and two of them are bad ". I'm sure you're confident in your coaching prowess but we didn't hire you. How's about we let these other guys try their thing...but feel free to keep yapping..you wrinkly glorified chihuahua. :aggressive:

I've been wondering this all season, let's slowwww..... it down. And I like the comment about the one trick pony. Somehow the offense can't be modified to fit your personal?
Why not?

I don't care if it takes 20 more years until we are relevant in SEC Football again. I bleed orange forever. I love watching Tennessee Football. The only time that I will cancel everything else going on in my life is when UT FOOTBALL is on TV, or I have tickets to watch them play live in the greatest stadium in the world. Even though we are losing right now, I get so jacked the "F" up and feel an unbelievable high when Tennessee makes a great play @ any time during a football game win or lose. No football player wants to play on a team that is losing and going through a period of coaching change after coaching change (No stability). It will take a long time for a Tennessee football team to achieve greatness if we keep going through so many new coaches in a short period of time. Players will be forced or decide to leave and play for another university due to attrition when a new head coach comes in and brings a completely new coaching staff and an entire different style of play than the previous coaching staff. I love Butch Jones! Butch Jones is recruiting his @SS off, and he is getting great recruits coming in here to play for Tennessee and become a VFL. We will never ever have great teams again like we've had in the past if we keep changing coaches. All this coach bashing needs to subside a li'l bit. No matter where ever any of us orange bleeding University of Tennessee football junkies are watching the game, whether it be in Neyland stadium or anywhere else around the globe watching. If you are a true die-hard Tennessee fan, I challenge you to lose your mind and go completely freakin' nuts when our Vols walk through the "T" tonight against one of our most hated rivals tonight in Neyland Stadium!

:machgun::gun::clapping::rock:

So you think its a good idea to completely change the offense the players have been working on since CBJ has been here and install a new one? In the middle of the season?

Some people are just clueless.

Not the whole offense, maybe tweak a few plays here and there. Or even add a few simplified play to the play book for each opponent.

If your line of thinking had prevailed in the 60's, we'd still be running the single wing..."Only 3 things can happen when you pass...and two of them are bad ". I'm sure you're confident in your coaching prowess but we didn't hire you. How's about we let these other guys try their thing...but feel free to keep yapping..you wrinkly glorified chihuahua. :aggressive:

"MBH'' is an internet coaching guru gracing the board with his presence, how dare you question him ! :birgits_giggle:

"MBH'' is an internet coaching guru gracing the board with his presence, how dare you question him ! :birgits_giggle:

I love the strawman arguments about people shouldn't comment on coaching because they didn't play or coached

Yet people who never played or coached hire the coaches

I love the strawman arguments about people shouldn't comment on coaching because they didn't play or coached

Yet people who never played or coached hire the coaches

Chicken and egg thing huh?

I'm not a coach and never will be.
That said to me the toughest part of rebuilding would be coaching, teaching, and playing to get a system down that you believe in versus always changing what you do and teach to accommodate your players.
When do you realize that it may be a bad system compared to the players not executing, being young, untalented, etc?
I think this is what we are facing with our offense right now and it is very easy to make an argument either way.

I don't care if it takes 20 more years until we are relevant in SEC Football again. I bleed orange forever. I love watching Tennessee Football. The only time that I will cancel everything else going on in my life is when UT FOOTBALL is on TV, or I have tickets to watch them play live in the greatest stadium in the world. Even though we are losing right now, I get so jacked the "F" up and feel an unbelievable high when Tennessee makes a great play @ any time during a football game win or lose. No football player wants to play on a team that is losing and going through a period of coaching change after coaching change (No stability). It will take a long time for a Tennessee football team to achieve greatness if we keep going through so many new coaches in a short period of time. Players will be forced or decide to leave and play for another university due to attrition when a new head coach comes in and brings a completely new coaching staff and an entire different style of play than the previous coaching staff. I love Butch Jones! Butch Jones is recruiting his @SS off, and he is getting great recruits coming in here to play for Tennessee and become a VFL. We will never ever have great teams again like we've had in the past if we keep changing coaches. All this coach bashing needs to subside a li'l bit. No matter where ever any of us orange bleeding University of Tennessee football junkies are watching the game, whether it be in Neyland stadium or anywhere else around the globe watching. If you are a true die-hard Tennessee fan, I challenge you to lose your mind and go completely freakin' nuts when our Vols walk through the "T" tonight against one of our most hated rivals tonight in Neyland Stadium!

:machgun::gun::clapping::rock:
I agree with your sentiments, except; I want it before 20 years. I'll likely be DEAD then, so F*** That! Our VOLS better RUN throught the T. Anyone walking that isn't on crutches should be benched.:crazy:

VN Store

Back