Someone needs to stomp Bob Stoops into

B Stoops is a carbon copy of Richt, he can take a team of 1st round NFLers and pretty much guarantee you being shut out of the NC year in and year out. He won his one and done national championship with the previous staff's players, since his own have been onsite, he has won as many national championships as Richt at Georgia has ... which is as Fillmore Slim, world famous and nationally recognized pimp of San Francisco replied when asked how much his hos were paid, "ZERO!"

Reactions: 1 person
His scheme to garner attention is the same as Spurrier's, they just go about it differently.
Steve takes shots at Clemson and pokes on a few other old rivals.
Bob campaigns that the system is not fair and that regardless of what his boys do, they'll be shafted in the end.
Most importantly its all about "Look at me!"
It is all Gestapo tactics...
voldemort_look_at_me.gif

Honestly, I am not quite sure where to start. We have a fan of a team that managed to win one Big 12 championship and was regularly on the losing end of beat downs at the hands of Bob Stoops teams, including a memorable 77-0 shellacking in Norman calling out the winningest coach in OU history because he is calling out Nick Saban for trying to excuse his loss to OU by saying it was a consolation game his team didn't care about. In his career at OU, Stoops is 3-0 vs Alabama, 3-0 vs Florida State, has a 9-6 record vs Texas and has won the Big 12 8 times which means the rest of the league has combined to win it 7 times during Stoops' career @ OU. He's 2-1 vs Oregon and should be 3-0 but for an incredible fumble recovery call in Eugene that was so egregious that the Pac-12 crew was suspended. His overall record is 160-39 including an 18-13 record vs top 10 teams and an 50-23 record vs top 25 teams. He's won all 4 BCS bowls and played in 4 NC games, winning one and in only one, SC, was he completely out classed. I can understand someone from a program that has the cred to back up the criticism to speak poorly of Stoops but coming from an Aggie, it is laughable. It would be the same from a Mizzou fan. The Tigers win the SEC east and suddenly they are a national power. OU regularly pounded the Tigers in Big 12 play & most of the games were over by halftime. This brings up an interesting point that Stoops has repeatedly made. If the SEC is so good, how come Mizzou & T A&M have had the success they've had when they couldn't cut it in the Big 12? The SEC is a great conference and the top teams are clearly as good as it gets in college football but Mizzou & A&M have not earned any respect from this OU fan and most others just because they wear the SEC logo on their jerseys. We are looking forward to the Vols' visit to Norman. At least your program has a history of tradition and respectability worthy of an SEC member. The Aggies.....not so much.

Reactions: 3 people
Good material to post in our locker room! He considers us "bottom feeders?" We have stunk I get that but 118 does not buy his BS!

Honestly, I am not quite sure where to start. We have a fan of a team that managed to win one Big 12 championship and was regularly on the losing end of beat downs at the hands of Bob Stoops teams, including a memorable 77-0 shellacking in Norman calling out the winningest coach in OU history because he is calling out Nick Saban for trying to excuse his loss to OU by saying it was a consolation game his team didn't care about. In his career at OU, Stoops is 3-0 vs Alabama, 3-0 vs Florida State, has a 9-6 record vs Texas and has won the Big 12 8 times which means the rest of the league has combined to win it 7 times during Stoops' career @ OU. He's 2-1 vs Oregon and should be 3-0 but for an incredible fumble recovery call in Eugene that was so egregious that the Pac-12 crew was suspended. His overall record is 160-39 including an 18-13 record vs top 10 teams and an 50-23 record vs top 25 teams. He's won all 4 BCS bowls and played in 4 NC games, winning one and in only one, SC, was he completely out classed. I can understand someone from a program that has the cred to back up the criticism to speak poorly of Stoops but coming from an Aggie, it is laughable. It would be the same from a Mizzou fan. The Tigers win the SEC east and suddenly they are a national power. OU regularly pounded the Tigers in Big 12 play & most of the games were over by halftime. This brings up an interesting point that Stoops has repeatedly made. If the SEC is so good, how come Mizzou & T A&M have had the success they've had when they couldn't cut it in the Big 12? The SEC is a great conference and the top teams are clearly as good as it gets in college football but Mizzou & A&M have not earned any respect from this OU fan and most others just because they wear the SEC logo on their jerseys. We are looking forward to the Vols' visit to Norman. At least your program has a history of tradition and respectability worthy of an SEC member. The Aggies.....not so much.
slow-clap-o.gif

I don't know. I like Bob Stoops. He trash talked Bama and won.

:whistling:

EDIT: My dad is actually an OU fan. So I have grown up around Oklahoma most of my life. I enjoy Bob Stoops. However, that doesn't mean I don't wanna kick their butt.

GBO!

You want to kick there azz, not there butt.:)

Reactions: 2 people

A&M did good because Johnny Football carried them. They woulda won the Big 12. Mizz was a very upperclassmen team that didn't play Bama or LsU and lost to the teams better like Auburn and UsC

Last edited:

Let's not overlook that while Mike was there the Sooners were 18-1 against ranked teams & 3-1 in bowl games with a nc. When Mike left they went 17-13 against ranked teams and 3-4 in bowl games despite having 2 heisman winners and 2 runner ups. Mike comes back and they immediately beat Bama. Seems like a lot of Bob's success in big games is tied to his little brother.

Tri-vol.....you make a good point about Mike. Most OU fans will tell you that after the 2008 season, the program began a slow but steady decline & it was at a point in Stoops' career that mirrored the same timeframe as Wilkinson & Switzer. Bud did not recover but Barry did. Bob seemed to have lost his mojo. We were good but not really up to our standards & certainly not capable of challenging for a national championship. Bob either fired certain coaches or let them leave of their own volition (Venables) and he brought Mike back along with new assistants to coach the O-line & D-line & special teams. Mike basically told him that our recruiting had slipped and he recommended we change our scheme on D from a 4-3 to a 3-4. We then brought in the Nevada staff to teach us the nuances of the "Pistol" and the rest is history. Last year, in spite of the new systems and a plethora of injuries, we managed an 11 game winning season topped off by the Sugar Bowl victory. We are poised to return to relevance as it relates to winning the conference and challenging for the NC but I have been a fan far too long to expect the ultimate results. All any OU fans want is for our beloved Sooners to be playing OKLAHOMA FOOTBALL. If we get beat by a better team, it is what it is.

Reactions: 2 people

Take a look at all those words. Wow!

A&M did good because Johnny Football carried them. They woulda won the Big 12. Mizz was a very upperclassmen team that didn't play Bama or LsU and lost to the teams better like Auburn and UsC

A&M Would not have won the Big XII. Their defense sucks, and OU would have blasted that team, again.

Very true.

Not sure where the beef with Stoops comes from.

I figured this place would love the guy after the last Sugar. Bowl.

VN Store

Back