Something You Should Know About James Franklin

Wait... why not get someone big now?
It’s just a tougher sell right now. Let Steele deal with this year. The next two years may be a little rough anyways. Come back to a big name next year. But if Fleck or Campbell come that’s great. Whoever it is will be hampered somewhat and if they start out slow then they know they won’t be around long.

Reactions: CSVol
It’s just a tougher sell right now. Let Steele deal with this year. The next two years may be a little rough anyways. Come back to a big name next year. But if Fleck or Campbell come that’s great. Whoever it is will be hampered somewhat and if they start out slow then they know they won’t be around long.
It may be a tougher sell but if you can get him or Freeze or Petersen or Fleck or one of the other BIG 10 HCs etc go for it. There are plenty of people interested apparently. Doesn’t make much sense to think ourselves out of coaches that we are actually in with.

Reactions: cgrish
Franklin also had to overcome sanctions at Penn State. He would be a great hire in my opinion. Always thought he was a quality person and good coach. If you guys gave him 4-5 years, I think you would be a top 10 team every year. I hope it works out.
Bill O’Brien overcame sanctions, not Franklin. Restrictions were lifted before Franklin ever coached there.

Our team would play with more passion than it has since Kiffin's team played USC in the black uniforms. Franklin is a master motivator and Dooley, Jones and Pruitt couldnt motivate a fat hog to take a dump.

Reactions: vegasvolfan
I always felt like Franklin was one of the most dislikable coaches in college football. He seems like a winner, so my mind could certainly be changed about him.

He certainly knew how to get our goat coaching Vandy. Would probably start feeling different real fast him wearing orange.

This....can't pass on Freeze in the name of integrity and then hire the guy that lied and covered up the biggest rape scandal in school history.
Wait what? You are thinking about Paterno not James Franklin

How many years did Vandy beat us when Franklin was there? I never thought about Franklin before but he is one with SEC experience under his belt. That's a positive, plus he has to deal with Penn State with its problems too. Someone who could be a coach here.

How many years did Vandy beat us when Franklin was there? I never thought about Franklin before but he is one with SEC experience under his belt. That's a positive, plus he has to deal with Penn State with its problems too. Someone who could be a coach here.
Many

I’ve met him several times as he has recruited several of my kids. The kids loved him and he was a really cool guy to talk to. IMHO I think he’s a great recruiter and has established ties here in Va. I would be fine if we hired him, I just don’t think it’s him.

VN Store

Back