Spring Game Attendance all time

This is from the '86 game. You can see how full it was.

fbpro_1986guide_013.jpg.s.jpg

Reactions: 5 people
Looked like most of the bottom was full.

I like that they used the gray jerseys in place of the red ones this year.

Not just the weather. When Butch says in an interview that we don't even have enough healthy players to have a spring game people tend to not be excited. It was a huge turnoff to me.

I usually go to the O&W every year. However this was me as well. When 11 of your starters/significant contributors aren't even participating, what's the point? Oh and yes the forecast did play a part too.

Still haven't left the Half Barrel. Never made it to the game. It looked great on SEC network. I couldn't walk the hill if I wanted. I said 45,000 over under. I lost.

Dang I was really hoping for a sellout. Disappointing but we'll get it next time.

A sellout to a partial game, with a depleted roster, with the threat of hail and thunderstorms, and when a sellout would mean over 102k people?

Man. I don't know how you live your life being disappointed every time the impossible fails to happen. Do you cry each time you buy a lottery ticket and don't win the jackpot?

Reactions: 1 person
A sellout to a partial game, with a depleted roster, with the threat of hail and thunderstorms, and when a sellout would mean over 102k people?

Man. I don't know how you live your life being disappointed every time the impossible fails to happen. Do you cry each time you buy a lottery ticket and don't win the jackpot?

stripes_lighten_up_francis.jpg

Reactions: 4 people
63,000 + was what they said

Who said 63,000, Goat? One of he guys calling the game for SEC Network guessed "50,000 or 60,000," but he said it in a really off-hand way while talking about the QBs performing in the "QB Challenge," and was clearly just taking a wild guess to have a number.

If someone in a position to know said 63,000, that's awesome. Who was it?

The way the line was before the Fan Day events started, I was thinking it would be well over 70k. I'm glad my oldest son made the call to go because I was about cancel. Great day in Knoxville!

Thanks, Coug, for the reference. I bet we could've had another 5,000 there if a couple of big pockets of negativity (mostly weather predictions with a little VP news thrown in) hadn't cooled fan energy somewhat.

VN Store

Back