Spring Practice #2, 3/26 4:20pm

I hope Jennings pans out as a QB, I really do. I would love nothing more than two TN boys to lead us to the promised land in Jennings and Hurd.

With that said, Jennings just doesn't appear to have a very good arm in those short, limited videos. Yes, I'm aware it's his second practice here, ever, but that doesn't change anything. Right now the majority of throws I've seen of him have been under thrown, and he doesn't seem to have a good spiral. He has lot's of wobblers, and he lacks accuracy. I'm sure all of that can be fixed in time, but right now he doesn't look like a future starting SEC QB. Dormady appears to have the strongest arm on the roster.

Yall go ahead and flame away, attack me if you wish. I'm sure there will be many on here that agrees with me too though.

Last edited:
The hell? Do we not call people by their names anymore? Does everybody just make up their own name now and stick an @ in front of it? Why would coaches be referring to players with these @ signs? Clearly I'm getting too old to understand how we're supposed to communicate.

Twitter

Reactions: 1 person
The hell? Do we not call people by their names anymore? Does everybody just make up their own name now and stick an @ in front of it? Why would coaches be referring to players with these @ signs? Clearly I'm getting too old to understand how we're supposed to communicate.

The quotes are taken from the UT twitter, but I find it annoying also. They send them out as the interviews are live. The videos and transcripts are released a short time afterward.

...Jennings just doesn't appear to have a very good arm in those short, limited videos. Yes, I'm aware it's his second practice here, ever, but that doesn't change anything. Right now the majority of throws I've seen of him have been under thrown, and he doesn't seem to have a good spiral. He has lot's of wobblers, and he lacks accuracy. I'm sure all of that can be fixed in time, but right now he doesn't look like a future starting SEC QB. Dormady appears to have the strongest arm on the roster.

Jennings was consistently under-throwing his receiver. Dormady was consistently over-throwing. The good news is, as you said, this is just practice #2 in spring camp. Lots of time for development. The even better news is: Josh Dobbs was throwing strike after strike. He looked really accurate today, was very nice to see.

Reactions: 5 people
I hope Jennings pans out as a QB, I really do. I would love nothing more than two TN boys to lead us to the promised land in Jennings and Hurd.

With that said, Jennings just doesn't appear to have a very good arm in those short, limited videos. Yes, I'm aware it's his second practice here, ever, but that doesn't change anything. Right now the majority of throws I've seen of him have been under thrown, and he doesn't seem to have a good spiral. He has lot's of wobblers, and he lacks accuracy. I'm sure all of that can be fixed in time, but right now he doesn't look like a future starting SEC QB. Dormady appears to have the strongest arm on the roster.

Yall go ahead and flame away, attack me if you wish. I'm sure there will be many on here that agrees with me too though.

I haven't seen him, but his football future is probably at another position, but what if we get down to the 3rd sting QB this year? I hope he stays at QB this year and determine where he will best succeed later whether it be QB or somewhere else.

Reactions: 1 person
Jennings was consistently under-throwing his receiver. Dormady was consistently over-throwing. The good news is, as you said, this is just practice #2 in spring camp. Lots of time for development. The even better news is: Josh Dobbs was throwing strike after strike. He looked really accurate today, was very nice to see.

Yeah, I agree with all of that. Dormady was definitely over throwing his targets. Dobbs looked good, as he should.

I haven't seen him, but his football future is probably at another position, but what if we get down to the 3rd sting QB this year? I hope he stays at QB this year and determine where he will best succeed later whether it be QB or somewhere else.

You're probably right, his future is probably elsewhere. Most likely on D playing safety. His heart is set on playing QB though, you've got to admire his determination. Hopefully he doesn't decide to transfer if it doesn't work out at QB for him. He can be a star on D too.

The quotes are taken from the UT twitter, but I find it annoying also. They send them out as the interviews are live. The videos and transcripts are released a short time afterward.

Thanks for the good work and explanation. I thought you went off the rails with the hash tags for a while. Keep it up. We will figure it out. The hash tags are in the recruiting tweets first page of the recruiting forum for those as confused as I was.

You're probably right, his future is probably elsewhere. Most likely on D playing safety. His heart is set on playing QB though, you've got to admire his determination. Hopefully he doesn't decide to transfer if it doesn't work out at QB for him. He can be a star on D too.
I don't see him playing another position anytime soon. For Pete's sake, they just started their first college practice and you're already trying to determine Jenning's future position? Geesh, man. Patience.

We lost Ferguson, Worley, and Peterman, and that's why we brought in 3 QB's, not 2 + a Maybe. Butch wants 4 QBs on the roster, and that's what we have. So, Jennings isn't going anywhere.

Reactions: 4 people
By the way, does anyone know what construction is going on, near the practice facilities, there in the video at the 1:30min mark?

https://youtu.be/aAM_SdU-WCE?list=PL6weYoLf7qRIR_8tqAELY4pJNjXgICkGE

I don't know what the deal is with the Youtube link. It's not working no matter what I try to embed it. I think they UT sports may disable embedding on their youtube videos or something

Last edited:
By the way, does anyone know what construction is going on, near the practice facilities, there in the video at the 1:30min mark?

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?list=PL6weYoLf7qRIR_8tqAELY4pJNjXgICkGE&v=aAM_SdU-WCE#t=91[/youtube]

The new residence hall and the new parking garage where Stokley used to be

The new residence hall and the new parking garage where Stokley used to be
Thanks. With the close proximity, I thought it might be the new athletic dorms (or is that what is referred to as a residence hall?). Thought there was general student dorms (residence hall?) and then the Ahtletics dorms. Wasn't sure when they had that planned to start.

If dobbs is consistent passing like he looks in practice. This team will be in a New Years bowl. -edited

Last edited:
Reactions: 10 people
I don't see him playing another position anytime soon. For Pete's sake, they just started their first college practice and you're already trying to determine Jenning's future position? Geesh, man. Patience.

We lost Ferguson, Worley, and Peterman, and that's why we brought in 3 QB's, not 2 + a Maybe. Butch wants 4 QBs on the roster, and that's what we have. So, Jennings isn't going anywhere.

I'm not trying to determine anything. Get off my nutz, bruh. This forum is here for talking about football, and stating ones own personal opinion, after all. I'm not bashing the kid by any means.

In this thread I previously said I hope he stays at qb and leads us to the promised land, and even said I'm aware this is only his 2nd practice. I don't imagine you read that part. I guess you felt the need to attack me for some personal inner satisfaction/need type of thing.

Dobbs going into the offseason as the starter is going to do wonders for his confidence, and ultimately his game play. I was never a fan of the whole "QB competition" thing the last 2 years, and it's really exciting for the fans and the team to know ahead of time who the leader is. Even with all the hype, I believe this helps Dobbs exceed expectations.

great post as all ways fingers,the clenched fist is you :)

keep up the good work

and I'm not a fan of the hash tags instead of there names either

Attachments

• clenched-fist-xxl.png
    clenched-fist-xxl.png
    6.8 KB · Views: 519
Last edited:
Seems like to me if Jennings doesn't work out at QB that his experience there would make him a better WR than Safety imo

Seems like to me if Jennings doesn't work out at QB that his experience there would make him a better WR than Safety imo

Could be, I just remember recruiting sites saying if he played S full time he would of been a top safety prospect too.

If he throws good this season, with him, Hurd, and AK running, we'll be dangerous.

Reactions: 3 people

VN Store

Back