Storming the Field

A win against Florida or Alabama, which game do we storm the field?
I wont go on the field for a win against Florida, even though we cant seem to beat them, I dont feel they are on the same level as Bama. I am 100% going on the field if we beat Bama, even if I am the only one..lol

Reactions: JRich
Both. After all the money they've spent and the emotional carnage they've suffered all these years, the fans are due for their day on Shield Watkins Field, they are long past due for a reckoning. Storm the field!!

Man I havent had an Orange Julius in like forever. Are those still around anymore? I remember there being an Orange Julius in Gatlinburg even back in the day
After I wrote that I google searched and found out my town has one. 😂😂😂 But, it's in the Dairy Queen, so, who knows if it's the same. Like Sundrop, probably re-formulated into some other inferior product.

Storm "The Strip" instead. Each are an SEC opponent. If and when we get there, wins like this are simply gonna be business as usual for CJH and his team.

Both. After all the money they've spent and the emotional carnage they've suffered all these years, the fans are due for their day on Shield Watkins Field, they are long past due for a reckoning. Storm the field!!

We just beat UF in 2016 -- in spectacular fashion, after 12 straight losses. No one stormed the field, thankfully, and certainly should not if we happen to beat their Univ. of Louisiana coach in his 1st year.

Embarrassing just to consider.

Reactions: MemphisVol77
Beating florida this year adds a win to the column and nothing more. We need to win a bunch of games against them over the next ten years to get our bragging rights back.

After I wrote that I google searched and found out my town has one. 😂😂😂 But, it's in the Dairy Queen, so, who knows if it's the same. Like Sundrop, probably re-formulated into some other inferior product.
Man I love me some Sundrop. They actually started distributing them to middle GA a few years before the RONA. Now you can’t find em down this way so I normally pick up 10 or so cases when I travel back to God’s country.

Reactions: TennesseeTarheel
I would prefer to act like we’ve been here before. Beating these teams should be the norm again soon. Let’s act like it
Some of these players and fans weren't out of diapers thee last time there was a W. Some haven't ever been there. Not saying I'm advocating it, but it wouldn't be the end of the world.

Reactions: OrangeTsar
Man I love me some Sundrop. They actually started distributing them to middle GA a few years before the RONA. Now you can’t find em down this way so I normally pick up 10 or so cases when I travel back to God’s country.
They changed the recipe around the early eighties. Sundrop used to use real sugar and had fruit pulp floating in it. We would compare pulp content to pick the best one. A sundrop, balogna sandwich a pickle or a slice of cheese was a nice lunch at Hanger's market. 🙂

I say no to both, FL, just sing Rockytop untl their fans are gone, and bubba, light up them cigars and smoke their fans out!

Reactions: Doberman
I think under the circumstances Bama warrants it (field storming). Florida, not so much IMO.

However, I hope we get to the level that we never feel the need to storm the field after an in conference regular season win.

Reactions: york.adamray
Why would we storm the field for Florida when we didn't in 2016?

I don't think we should either way but Alabama I'll allow it. It's been 16 freakin years.

Since it has been subsumed apparently by another brand, my guess is that they have ruined it.
I remember the good old days when Northgate Mall in Chattanooga had a dedicated Orange Julius restaurant near the center fountain. Those things were a treat. Like drinking an Orange creamsicle

Reactions: TennesseeTarheel
Too damned old for that. I know it's been so long that a lot of our fans can't remember the last time, but we have done it before. I'd just as soon act the part if/when we do so again. Leave that sort of stuff for vandy and uk.

VN Store

Back