Storming the Field

Wow...I am normally the stick-in-the mud, but not on this topic.

A win over Bama - absolutely. It would be a win after a long dry spell, would signal a legendary Bama coach in decline and a Vol program on the rise. The parallels to 1982 suggest that storming the field is absolutely warranted.

Florida - as nice as it would be to beat the Gators, catching a rival in a down year is perhaps not worthy of storming the field

I think I will wait until we have a 2-touchdown lead very late in the 4th quarter before making detailed plans to celebrate either victory.

Reactions: Proud Army Wife
This again? The OP must be younger than 25. OG’s know this is the kiss of death thread.

I can't remember a storm the field conversation thread preceding a storm the field worthy win. Only embarrassing losses .

Reactions: Jaws
I won't be doing it. But as to should it happen, or should it not? I am good with it either way. So what if it "damages" the field? We got groundskeepers, and they get paid well to keep the grass in good shape. And so what about what other fan bases or the media think? Since when should you all GAF about that? You never have, and never will. Y'all stay safe with it if you do, or stay safe if you don't. All that really matters to me.

Alabama, absolutely.

UF, absolutely not. We are likely to be favored in that game, for goodness sake. I don't really care what our record is against them over the last 20 years...you don't storm the field for that one. If they were a top 5 team, potentially.

Lighten up, geezers. This is a student tradition. God forbid the 18-22 year olds who have had to deal the last several years of nonsense get a chance to cut loose and enjoy a major win. Their high school/college experience has been so screwed by authoritarian morons they deserve something to celebrate.

To me its the same issue as chanting "overrated" after beating a high profile team in basketball....or football too I guess. Makes your team look like the weak one and the ONLY reason we beat you is....well... your overrated... otherwise we couldn't beat you.

Alabama because it happens to be my birthday. I was in Neyland in 1982 and that was one of the best games I have ever witnessed. The aftermath was chaos, grain cups flying off the upper deck, "pandimonium reigned". The goal posts came down and were paraded down Cumberland. The game left quite an impression on one inberiated sophomore that night. I still have the news paper, my ticket stub and a t-shirt from that day.

I would love to relive that day, 40 years later. I may have to find a Buck Fama t-shirt.

Go Vols!

We stormed it when we beat Bama in 82'. It would be warranted if we beat Bama this year. This is an even longer streak that would be snapped.

It’s hilarious to believe that KPD KCSO and UTPD would allow any field storming. It will never happen again let alone unnecessary to anyways

I wouldn’t want to storm the field on either win… I would however LOVE to see us storm the exit tunnel to prevent Saban from getting off the field. That would be funny as hell IMO after seeing his security run women over.

I am just looking forward to when other schools are discussing storming the field on us knowing the don’t have a chance.

I say storm the field for both. Florida and Bama has brought more heartache and hell to us and all other schools combined. If the fans want to celebrate on the field who am I to stop them. Hell a 20 year old version of me would in a heartbeat.

VN Store

Back