Successful Season?

It's all gravy from here on out. 2 or 3 more wins would be awesome, but I'm not the least bit disappointed with this team's results this season.

Elite 8 = very successful, anything better.......gravy. Anything less than sweet 16, very disappointing.

It's already a success, but as far as post season, a FF is the standard. Anything less is coming up short. Sorry, this team has been so successful that they have raised the bar.

Reactions: checkerboards09
It's all gravy from here on out. 2 or 3 more wins would be awesome, but I'm not the least bit disappointed with this team's results this season.

Gravy comes after you cook the sausage. For this team and for this year, cooked sausage is the elite 8.

30+ wins, wins over #1 ranked teams, two wins over Kentucky, ranked #1 for over a month...... I'd think most programs would be extremely happy with those results.. Pretty damn good for a football school....... You people need to chill out.

Based on last 10 yrs, use the football school term loosely.

Agree. Final 4 should be the goal. We were ranked no1 this season as long as anyone. But failed to win the sec outright or the tournament. For a team that set so many records we’ve fallen short of the most meaningful goals. But the great thing about basketball is the end of the year tournament. We could absolutely cap this season of as the great ever for TN basketball (even after missing out on winning the sec) with a deep tournament run.

30 wins is a successful season. These guys have played great, represented the University in an outstanding way (maybe better than any team I can remember), appear to truly love the University & played under some tough circumstances. It's a successful year regardless.

I hope for their case they go as far as they can cause they deserve it but who am I to belittle the season just cause they don't go to the final four?
I agree with what you say, but considering this is historically one of our best teams, it’s weird that we haven’t really won anything of significance other than a lot of games this season. Like you, I hope they can get their mojo back and make a deep run in the tournament. They deserve it.

we have won 30 games..... Yes this season was a success. O yea and we beat the kitties from up north twice!

Everything after this is bonus.

Got the most out of the talent. Successful.

I agree with what you say, but considering this is historically one of our best teams, it’s weird that we haven’t really won anything of significance other than a lot of games this season. Like you, I hope they can get their mojo back and make a deep run in the tournament. They deserve it.
Barnes will have better teams in Knoxville.

30+ wins, wins over #1 ranked teams, two wins over Kentucky, ranked #1 for over a month...... I'd think most programs would be extremely happy with those results.. Pretty damn good for a football school....... You people need to chill out.

Exactly^ final four just means there’s no argument about best season of all time

After not having much success anywhere (especially in football) for quite some time in Knoxville, this season has already been successful in keeping me and the rest of Volunteer Nation interested and hopeful. I love all things Tennessee, like all of you - Hence, the emotional highs and lows that correspond with our teams' fortunes on the court and on the field.

However, there will be an element of disappointment if this team fails to make it to the Elite 8. The path to the Sweet 16 was side open for the taking last year, and we managed to lose to that stupid Cinderella team. This year, with two chances at a conference championship, we came up empty. Not just empty in the SEC tournament, but BADLY outplayed. The March Madness can make up for it, but it'll take the Elite 8 or better to completely do so for me. No matter how it goes, I love the Vols, and am grateful to have a successful basketball team again.

Now, we just the football program to get its act together. I'm hoping that it will. GO VOLS!

This is only the 2nd time in school history Vols have won 30+ games, only the 3rd time they’ve gotten a 2 seed...the season as a whole is already 110% a success, a single elimination tournament doesn’t change that. Now if you want to ask what is a successful tournament run that is different, but to me you can’t discredit 35 other games because of 1 bad one in a single elimination tournament.

Reactions: JCP201
This is only the 2nd time in school history Vols have won 30+ games, only the 3rd time they’ve gotten a 2 seed...the season as a whole is already 110% a success, a single elimination tournament doesn’t change that. Now if you want to ask what is a successful tournament run that is different, but to me you can’t discredit 35 other games because of 1 bad one in a single elimination tournament.
Considering where we were a short time ago it's been a spectacular season.

Winning 30 games and whipping UK twice makes it a good season. Road game schedule was against us with AU and LSU both away. Whatever happens next can't erase those victories. I would like to see them go out playing their best ball.

Reactions: BowlBrother85

VN Store

Back