Swain: Josh Palmer "Best Wide Receiver" in Fall Camp

I'll be glad to watch a replay that shows that easy catch everyone seems to think he missed. Do you have it? I've looked and can't find that angle. From the angle shown on the youtube replay, it looks as if either the DB tipped the ball or it went through his hands before Johnson got his fingers on it.

I'm being serious.... and, no, not arguing with my eyes. All I have is that one replay view and it appears exactly like I've described.
Few posts up. Clearly shows the ball going through his hands.

Reactions: VFL-82-JP
And still... he was UT's most reliable and consistent receiver. He is not a talentless bum. He's the team's leading returning receiver. He made plays for UT. And will likely be a big factor in this year's O.
Quote the poster who’s said he’s a talentless bum. You used to make a cottage industry out of the “strawman argument” term.

That one. Gotta really deny your own eyes.

I'll be glad to watch a replay that shows that easy catch everyone seems to think he missed.
Nice strawman argument there.

Nobody’s saying it was an easy or routine catch. But it’s one that big time WRs should make.

Brandon runs great routes and has mostly reliable hands. He’ll definitely be a key part of our passing game this year. But he’s thin as a rail and not overly explosive, physical, or fast. He’s more of a technician than a big time playmaker. That’s why people seem to overlook him. It is what it is.

Reactions: VFL-82-JP
SAY WHAT U WANT BRANDON HAD 13 MORE CATCHES THAN CALLOWAY AND BRANDON HAD THE LONGEST PLAY FROM SCRIMMAGE LAST SEASON..BUT HE AIN'T EXPLOSIVE..I DONT KNOW WHAT GAMES SOME OF U WATCHED LAST YEAR BUT IT WAS CLEAR THAT BRANDON WAS THE BEST WR..CALLOWAY HAD ONE OR TWO BIG PLAYS LAST YEAR.. BRANDON WAS WAY MORE PRODUCTIVE LAST SEASON

Reactions: The Dog
Quote the poster who’s said he’s a talentless bum. You used to make a cottage industry out of the “strawman argument” term.
Slight exaggeration of the guy who said he'd be passed up by pretty much everyone else.

SAY WHAT U WANT BRANDON HAD 13 MORE CATCHES THAN CALLOWAY AND BRANDON HAD THE LONGEST PLAY FROM SCRIMMAGE LAST SEASON..BUT HE AIN'T EXPLOSIVE..I DONT KNOW WHAT GAMES SOME OF U WATCHED LAST YEAR BUT IT WAS CLEAR THAT BRANDON WAS THE BEST WR..CALLOWAY HAD ONE OR TWO BIG PLAYS LAST YEAR.. BRANDON WAS WAY MORE PRODUCTIVE LAST SEASON

That longest play from scrimmage was against UMass and he should have scored but was run down by MAC defenders. Callaway and most of our other WRs take that one to the house.

Brandon had 13 more catches for about 75 more yards than Callaway last year. Both basically had 2 good games that padded their stats. Brandon's were against UMass and Vandy, Callaway's were against GT and LSU. You can make a pretty decent argument for either being the better WR last year.

@sjt18 see here is some evidence that the coaches may have simplified the playbook for more than just JG, like all of the new players due to injury. I'm not saying JG is infallible, but you keep saying they simplified it because he couldn't get it. This "insider knowledge" shows it could have been more receivers than the qb.
My interpretation is more simple coaches than anything else

Last edited:
@sjt18 so again, please show me where the db was even close to touching the ball, or how it went through his hands? I'm not putting all of the blame on B.Johnson, after all it shouldn't have come down to a last ditch play. But you cant seriously say that that ball wasn't catchable, no one said easy, just catchable.
I have seen plenty of people say that was a simple catch -in fact no way anybody could ever miss it.

It is not a good look for you to campaign against Brandon's teammates

Reactions: butchna and VFLBerg
However, I think it would be unfortunate if that mocking tendency reflected an attitude toward Brandon that was not his fault
Nope, Brandon isn't held to the rantings of his cousin, that would just be petty. Brandon is a VOL I support him.

Reactions: butchna
tLOUDdr

However, I think it would be unfortunate if that mocking tendency reflected an attitude toward Brandon that was not his fault
Brandon’s the shiznit. Let’s his play do his talking...and his KIN do their versions.

I really like B Johnson.... whether he missed that catch or not. I never pulled for his team but was a big fan of his dad too.

Uhh....think your caps lock is on ;)

Im tired of being quite..Brandon deserve more respect..Im not downing Callaway I was just comparing the two

Im tired of being quite..Brandon deserve more respect..Im not downing Callaway I was just comparing the two

They're both super young men, and both hella talented. Don't need to go any farther than that, far as I can see. I mean, they're teammates ... on a team sport ... and will win or lose together. *shrug* Wish them both the very best.

Go Vols!

I wasnt ranting didnt realize my caps was on..Bout time I realized it was to late..U dont see no explanation points so there was no emotion..People keep saying oh it was UMass it dont matter..

Quite what? Quite obnoxious? Not from this reporter’s observation!

Brandon has my respect. He'll be one of our top receivers this year and a very important part of the receiving rotation.

I just don't expect him to be a game changer or anything. He's a possession guy.

VN Store

Back