Team 121 and trollpocalypse of 2017

Cool story bro. :eek:lol::eek:lol::eek:lol:

If expecting ADULTS (who are being PAID MILLIONS to coach) to be held accountable for their decisions makes us trolls....well then I guess we are trolls. Go ahead and block all of us.

That is all.

Is that all? Ok then I guess I'll block you bc you told me too lol. I hope that doesn't get your jorts all wrinkled lol

I mean I thought we talked about this crap all summer didn't we? So at this point you don't really get it so why even argue any more? And yes I expected mostly negative feedback to my post and it's funny bc it's mostly from the doom and gloomers.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
I wasn't trying to sound high and mighty or better than anyone. I know there are fans that feel the same way that I do so I was just trying to convey their message. For all intents and purposes I'm just a Vol fan who pays for internet every month and wants to talk about how good or bad we're playing. That's what it comes down to for me.

And yes I didn't expect to change any minds.

If nothing else I guess I was just looking for the trolls to block- and if ya want to get your parting shots in that's fine. All it's gonna do is prove some of my points (that clearly weren't read).

And yes I realize I'll be blocking some good posters but seriously I can't talk about midseason coaching searches and firing everybody any more. It's all just drivel at this point and not even worth my time or yours for that matter. I just want to enjoy some UT football without having to block half the threads on the front page of this board.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 people
volnbama, don't take this the wrong way brother but I had already put you in the "not gonna listen to any reasonable argument" section and you've been on ignore from waaay back so... sorry? :)

If you have me on ignore, how are you replying to me or not ignoring what i said?

And this isnt a reasonable argument this os a superfan lecture.

What most of the self-important bone heads on here fail to understand is that the snowflake-esque constant complaining does nothing but paint UT in a worse light than Butch Jones or any coach ever could. What's worse, we can't fire the crappy fans so that stain won't come out.

But go ahead and keep whining, snowflakes. The smart fans will live the positive change they wish to see. The rest will take care of itself. I applaud the OP.
As the nation media paints the program in a negative light as you speak of, i hear them talk of performance on the field and CBJ ranting in press conferences and exactly zero reference to fans on volnation.

Year 5 we should be reloading, not rebuilding...........

I get what you are saying and the intent and I'm not making excuses, but most teams struggle after losing players like Dobbs and Barnett. Replacing a QB and OC at the same time is difficult, unless of course you are Alabama.

I'm not making excuses for Butch - if it weren't for coaching mistakes, we wouldn't have lost to UF. However, I fully expected to have growing pains this year.

Last edited:
I wasn't trying to sound high and mighty or better than anyone. I know there are fans that feel the same way that I do so I was just trying to convey their message. For all intents and purposes I'm jusf Vol fan who pays for internet every month.

And yes I didn't expect to change any minds.

I guess I was just looking for the trolls to block- and if ya want to get your parting shots in that's fine. All it's gonna do is prove some of my points (that clearly weren't read).

And yes I realize I'll be blocking some good posters but seriously I can't talk about coaching searches and firing everybody any more. I just want to enjoy some UT football without having to block half the threads on the front page of this board.
Is this like the person that rants about facebook before closing their account, every other week?

Cool story bro. :eek:lol::eek:lol::eek:lol:

If expecting ADULTS (who are being PAID MILLIONS to coach) to be held accountable for their decisions makes us trolls....well then I guess we are trolls. Go ahead and block all of us.

That is all.

What an ignorant statement. Everyone expects Jones to be held accountable. No one is giving Jones a free pass. Just because one doesn't rant on this site, boo the team, scream for Jones' firing, or boycott the game doesn't mean that they are not passionate and/or disappointed; it just means they are mature adults.

Reactions: 9 people
Here comes volnbama setting his alarm bright and early to doofusly defend his tired and warped view of his "favorite team". You tell us buddy! Lol

Reactions: 4 people
I get what you are saying and the intent and I'm not making excuses, but most teams struggle after losing players like Dobbs and Barnett. Replacing a QB and OC at the same time is difficult, unless of course you are Alabama.

I'm not making excuses for Butch - if it weren't for coaching mistakes, we wouldn't have lost to UF. However, I full expected to have growing pains this year.

Agreed. It's been pretty ugly at some times this year but expectations weren't thru the roof to begin with. I expected better execution at times but I'm hoping that it's just too early to draw conclusions on our team this year.

I am actually surprised that we have won three of our four games, especially with all the crap the vultures on this board posting. Many picked GT to beat us and they seem to be disappointed that we won. Most of us expected that it would take time to replace all the offensive production that we lost from last years team. Then we lost our leader(JJ) an no one else has yet to step forward. It is disgusting that posters on this board have allowed a dozen or so Florida, Georgia, Alabama trolls to take over this board. Tennessee fan should be outraged at the action of these vultures. Get some backbone and show our support for our University, football program, players and coaches, and we will be OK. I believe that leaders will emerge and the season will be successful, but it will take the support of loyal Tennessee fans. John Kelly will become the leader we need on offense and will help the QBs get to where they need to be. No now wants to in more than our team and coaches. They work their tails off and the trolls tear our program apart while Tennessee fans stand by and let them take over our board. We should be ashamed of our actions. Get behind this team and do our part to have a successful season rather than contribute to the problems.

Sir,
#1 I assure you I am no fan of Georgia, Florida, or Alabama. I would love to see an earthquake make the southern border of Tennessee a beachhead.
#2 I am a fan of UT Football and have been since 1968. I don't give rat's behind about any other program.
#3 I want UT football to win every game no matter who the coaches, who our QB is, who our stars are, etc.
#4 Beyond that, I can't do anything to make team 121 have a successful season.
#5 If UT somehow by some miracle wins Saturday, I'll be one of the first on this board to celebrate and congratulate the team and its coaches.
#6 This team has underperformed in every aspect except its record this year. Everyone likes to say we are one play from 4-0. We are also one play from being 2-2, so I too am surprised we are 3-1. Ga Tech easily could have been an "L".
#7 We should be 4-0 going into this game with the talent on this team.
#8 They are coached by a person who time and again has shown he will make bad in-game decisions. He was bailed out of some games by a now NFL quarterback.
#9 This coach is 2-2 against Vanderbilt, lost by 39 points at home to arguably our biggest rival, lost to a SC team with a high school aged QB and in three weeks will be 0-11 against the SEC West.

I could name more stuff that upsets me as a UT football fan, but I'll stop. Please do not ever call me a troll Sir. I assure you I am not!!!!

Reactions: 3 people
I don't know about most of ya on here, honestly in the past week or so I barely recognize any of the member's names..... Anyway I hope we beat Georgia's Ass!!! I'm just a fan,most of us are, I'm cheering for the Volunteers to kick sum Booty!!😂😎

That's my question? I come to this site cause I like to discuss / hear / rehash about players, strategy, plays that were impactful , recruiting guys, etc ... I don't post that much, but have been reading here for many years.

I have erased several posts calling out rediculous never ending over the top crybabies whining about Coach Jones.

I am not a conspiracist kind of guy. And I know there are hundreds of thousands of Vol Fans, but I see tons of posts all very negative and all trying to fire a 3-1 coach with a heck of a recruiting class lined up. Most of these user names I have never seen on here for past 5 years.

I am truly thinking there is a social media, #fakenews war going on to try and keep Tennessee unstable, poor recruiting, coach upheavel for an alterior purpose!

Are the Russians on here? Is it Vandy fans? Is it Ole Miss fans? Is it Alabama fans?

There should be an investigation into this by TBI!

No way - all new fans just start showing up - all with the fire Jones Mantra so well coordinated. Some with legitimate beefs but most interspersed with heresay, innuendo, and just very general unsubstantiated innuendo!

I'll give an example - they call out Butch for saying his team is young traveling to Florida. Then they excuse Kirby who says almost the same thing. They then say but, Florida has 10 suspended and worst team ever just an excuse. But Kirby knows also, UT has lot if injuries and has been less that stellar against UMass but knows the team he plays Saturday will not be the Umass team he should destroy. So yes it is absolutely identical!

Till the TBi finds the perpetrators Vol fans! Keep up the generally hopeful positive vibes to root out this negative evils!

And no, I am not an insider, don't know VFL34, or Ms Terry or any of the famous posters!

Last edited:
Here comes volnbama setting his alarm bright and early to doofusly defend his tired and warped view of his "favorite team". You tell us buddy! Lol

I see i haven't made the ignore list yet. But dont confuse me with volnbama, i think thats another user name on here.

On a serious note, i called the Aigne show the otherday as he endlessly ranted about negative fans. I asked him if the noticed that nearly everyone that calls the show says the same thing "everyone needs to calm dowm, everyone needs to shut up etc" so why is what appears to be a very small minority of fans calling for CBJ to be fired to dominating the show?
Its much the same here. You create a super fan thread, which you acknowlwdge will create more of the same, then you complain about it. So why do it in the first place?

Reactions: 4 people
That's my question? I come to this site cause I like to discuss / hear / rehash about players, strategy, plays that were impactful , recruiting guys, etc ... I don't post that much, but have been reading here for many years.

I have erased several posts calling out rediculous never ending over the top crybabies whining about Coach Jones.

I am not a conspiracist kind of guy. And I know there are hundreds of thousands of Vol Fans, but I see tons of posts all very negative and all trying to fire a 3-1 coach with a heck of a recruiting class lined up. Most of these user names I have never seen on here for past 5 years.

I am truly thinking there is a social media, #fakenews war going on to try and keep Tennessee unstable, poor recruiting, coach upheavel for an alterior purpose!

Are the Russians on here? Is it Vandy fans? Is it Ole Miss fans? Is it Alabama fans?

There should be an investigation into this by TBI!

No way - all new fans just start showing up - all with the fire Jones Mantra so well coordinated. Some with legitimate beefs but most interspersed with heresay, innuendo, and just very general unsubstantiated innuendo!

I'll give an example - they call out Butch for saying his team is young traveling to Florida. Then they excuse Kirby who says almost the same thing. They then say but, Florida has 10 suspended and worst team ever just an excuse. But Kirby knows also, UT has lot if injuries and has been less that stellar against UMass but knows the team he plays Saturday will not be the Umass team he should destroy. So yes it is absolutely identical!

Till the TBi finds the perpetrators Vol fans! Keep up the generally hopeful positive vibes to root out this negative evils!

And no, I am not an insider, don't know VFL34, or Ms Terry or any of the famous posters!

Sir, I have fewer posts than you, but I have been a member now for a couple seasons. I think you really need to take off the tin foil hat and quit looking for the black helicopters in this situation. I'm not joking. No conspiracies are happening here. We have a football coach that personally to me has taken 4 1/4 seasons to show most of us what he is capable of doing. Unfortunately, it's not championship caliber football, and I don't think it ever will be. Fulmer once said it's not the x's and o's but the Jimmy and Joes. I actually believed that at the time, but Jones has all but disproven that theory. This team has really good talent, no doubt. Is it Bama good? NO!! But it's way better than 3 of the 4 teams we've played this year and marginally better than Florida. What is doubtful is how Jones can keep this recruiting class together if the team 1) loses badly to Georgia 2) lays another egg against USCe and 3) gets another beat down from Alabama. Not to mention, how will he keep this team 121 together if we are staring at 3-4 on the evening of October 21st. To me, those are legitimate concerns.

Sir, I have fewer posts than you, but I have been a member now for a couple seasons. I think you really need to take off the tin foil hat and quit looking for the black helicopters in this situation. I'm not joking. No conspiracies are happening here. We have a football coach that personally to me has taken 4 1/4 seasons to show most of us what he is capable of doing. Unfortunately, it's not championship caliber football, and I don't think it ever will be. Fulmer once said it's not the x's and o's but the Jimmy and Joes. I actually believed that at the time, but Jones has all but disproven that theory. This team has really good talent, no doubt. Is it Bama good? NO!! But it's way better than 3 of the 4 teams we've played this year and marginally better than Florida. What is doubtful is how Jones can keep this recruiting class together if the team 1) loses badly to Georgia 2) lays another egg against USCe and 3) gets another beat down from Alabama. Not to mention, how will he keep this team 121 together if we are staring at 3-4 on the evening of October 21st. To me, those are legitimate concerns.

Roger, I presume

Who do you possibly think is going to come coach and work his tail off building this program back any better? Especially, if you create such a negative mattress burning environment?
Do you want Tennessee to stay down for another 10 years or build it back up slowly. Do you really think anybody who will make the decision about the coach gives a damn about opinions on a message board? Its worked so well for us in the past - we traded Fulmer for Kiffen, we traded Kiffy for Dools.
You gotta admit back to back 9 wins is better than we once were at. Be positive. The more stable the situation the better chance you have of bringing in quality coach!

And yes there are some trolls on here feeding the pirhanna's!

Last edited:
Roger, I presume

Who do you possibly think is going to come coach and work his tale off building this program back any better? Especially, if you create such a negative mattress burning environment?
Do you want Tennessee to stay down for another 10 years or build it back up slowly. Do you really think anybody who will make the decision about the coach gives a damn about opinions on a message board? Its worked so well for us in the past - we traded Fulmer for Kiffen, we traded Kiffy for Dools.
You gotta admit back to back 9 wins is better than we once were at. Be positive. The more stable the situation the better chance you have of bringing in quality coach!

And yes there are some trolls on here feeding the pirhanna's!

You are certainly entitled to your opinion. Of course, every board has some trolls. I think what you are seeing here though is a transition of fans who once supported Jones, hoped for the best for him, turn negative in a big way towards him. I am one of those guys, and I didn't need anyone coloring my opinion. It entirely is my own. As for your comment about 10 years, I take some issue. Is this team 121 a progression over team 120? If no, why not? This is not year 2014 or even 2015. Talent levels are vastly better than right after Dooley. What is happening with that talent concerns a lot of posters on this board. Tennessee should never have to hold on against UMASS. I'm pretty confident Dooley's teams would have hung more than 17 points on the minutemen.

Is this team 121 a progression over team 120? If no, why not? This is not year 2014 or even 2015.

I've heard a couple of folks go here and there is an answer to this. Last year was Butch's year. He had high hopes, but it was a tragic year for injuries and we did not have the depth yet. We have the depth now. Which is what everyone was saying before the season. But it's mostly kids right off the high school field depth right now. They are going to need a year. Is team 121 a progression? Absofreakinglutely!!! The question is, are we willing to give Jones a chance to get them ready for next year where he can make another run at it. A lot of folks saying no right now. We are exactly where we thought we were before the season. An UBER TALENTED deep team that is extremely young in depth, and we all knew depth would play this year.

Sweet, another Super fan lecture. Im sure this one will go mich better than all the others.

Does everyone really thing they will be the one to change everything here? Reminds me of women attracted to men that beat them, they all think they will be the one with a different result.

Some of us know that positivity ALWAYS brings better results than whining, *****ing and complaining. It's the difference between being an adult and a spoiled brat.

Patience is a virtue and optimism is good for the soul.

Reactions: 5 people
Sweet, another Super fan lecture. Im sure this one will go mich better than all the others.

Does everyone really thing they will be the one to change everything here? Reminds me of women attracted to men that beat them, they all think they will be the one with a different result.

Theres nothing to change. We are 3-1 and have no idea what the season record will be untill all the games are played. How about wait till they're played to act like a 5 year old that dropped his sucker?

What an ignorant statement. Everyone expects Jones to be held accountable. No one is giving Jones a free pass. Just because one doesn't rant on this site, boo the team, scream for Jones' firing, or boycott the game doesn't mean that they are not passionate and/or disappointed; it just means they are mature adults.

This feels like more of backhanded insult than a "rational argument." I agree with you about not booing the team and not boycotting the games, but claiming that people "ranting" and "screaming" on a message board is immature just because they disagree with you, is in and of itself immature and hypocritical. It's just different opinions. That's what this place is all about. Unfortunately, the two major opinions being discussed are of the extreme nature and very polarizing to a fan base that is passionate about something we love.

Some of us know that positivity ALWAYS brings better results than whining, *****ing and complaining. It's the difference between being an adult and a spoiled brat.

Patience is a virtue and optimism is good for the soul.

Realism is also a venture. For folks expecting good play out of this team, the optimisim doesnt appear to have been good for their soul.

On a real note, i dont have a problem with optimism and expressing various opinion. Im issue comes with folks start these superfan threads, putting everyone that doesnt share their opinion down and telling everyone how they should think and if they dont they are......fill in the blank. When you start threads knowning the result from the start, dont be suprised when you see it. Its funny people will complain about negativity, yet will start a thread that they even admit will bring more.

Theres nothing to change. We are 3-1 and have no idea what the season record will be untill all the games are played. How about wait till they're played to act like a 5 year old that dropped his sucker?

I was referring to what the op admit he sees on the board, not how the players are playing.

Well guys and gals, here we are.

We are exactly who we thought we might be so far- starting over with new leadership, finding a new offensive identity, the defense sorely in need of 3-4 guys to step up, and a coaching staff that is on pace to lead us to quite an unremarkable but predictable 7-8 win season. And is it really any surprise that this many of our fans, instead of criticizing this team constructively, has decided to throw caution to the wind and just start a social media dumpster fire on this board and other sites like Facebook or Twitter? Look I know none of us are CEOs of Fortune 500 companies (except for you Jimmy Haslam bc I know you read this stuff lol) but can you guys just get a hold of yourselves and think for minute? I know y'all can do it. Some may have to try harder than others. But this football team lost a huge chunk of leadership and identity.

So can you guys just cheer for them and, I don't know, maybe try to give them a little more confidence going forward this year? It's only been 4 freaking games... I'm not asking you to do it for me or for Butch. Lord knows if y'all turn in your season tickets I'll gladly take them off your hands (for much lower than face bc we suck so bad...). But rally around this team bc you love Saturdays in the fall and watching Tennessee football in this great country of ours. After all, there's nothing wrong with enjoying something that you love every once in a while. I mean you guys at least respect this program enough to (laughably) believe that Bob Stoops is by his phone waiting for us like a 16 year old girl waiting on a Snapchat.

Anyway, in closing, many ppl on here actually like the Vols. We like getting on this board and talking about the X's and O's and the fact that if we pack Neyland stadium this Saturday, make it loud and get behind this team that they actually CAN take down Georgia. So if you're not gonna agree with any of that then you're a troll. That's right. You're no better than a closet jorts wearing Florida fan that's on here talking crap just to get everybody riled up. And pretty soon the only other ppl you're talking to is other trolls bc you've been blocked by everyone else. So, please, don't be THAT guy!

Go VOLS!

Damn, I'll bet you're a joy to live with.

What most of the self-important bone heads on here fail to understand is that the snowflake-esque constant complaining does nothing but paint UT in a worse light than Butch Jones or any coach ever could. What's worse, we can't fire the crappy fans so that stain won't come out.

But go ahead and keep whining, snowflakes. The smart fans will live the positive change they wish to see. The rest will take care of itself. I applaud the OP.

If whining is stating facts, then I guess i'm a snowflake.

VN Store

Back