Tennessee has offered the most recruits in the country

Well after reading the article in the Tennessean this morning, it makes you wonder why we aren’t getting Tennessee kids. They are going to Clemson, Georgia, South Carolina, LSU, Mississippi State, USC, Vandy, Oklahoma, Notre Dame and several other schools that apparently aren’t good enough to play for us. Tennessee has turned into a major recruiting pool and we are missing out in our own backyard.

Well after reading the article in the Tennessean this morning, it makes you wonder why we aren’t getting Tennessee kids. They are going to Clemson, Georgia, South Carolina, LSU, Mississippi State, USC, Vandy, Oklahoma, Notre Dame and several other schools that apparently aren’t good enough to play for us. Tennessee has turned into a major recruiting pool and we are missing out in our own backyard.

How'd that work for CBJ?

Reactions: feathersax
i wouldn't read too much in that. there was some fishy things going on with how prospects were being ranked. you look at the rstate rankings for TN at Rivals and 247, you'll see some drastic differences.

we're going after who we wanted in state.

next year, i think you'll see a bigger push for in state guys, as the 20 class is pretty loaded across the board, especially on the OL.

I'm guessing write a few of these could be leftover offers from the last staff. They seemed to employ the shotgun approach to recruiting

Reactions: jakez4ut
Probably will be gone by 2020 ....

Nah, Jim Mora's buyout was $12 million, plus they had to buyout his staff. Kelly has a flat $9 million reciprocal buyout, plus his staff's buyouts if he is fired without cause in the within 4 years. Chip will be there a minimum of 4 years, but after or during the 2020 season they might can him if he doesn't get it together.

UCLA was one of the few schools dumber than UT when it came to extensions/buyouts for bad coaches.

I'm guessing write a few of these could be leftover offers from the last staff. They seemed to employ the shotgun approach to recruiting
correct. the number is inflated, by how much, not sure. but it does include offers from the previous staff.

VN Store

Back