Tennessee has offered the most recruits in the country

it includes offers that were made prior to this staff arriving. so it's probably a little inflated.

but yeah, we're casting a wide net for sure.

I'd say very inflated. 2 coaches, different styles. Not quite double the offers, but certainly a lot more. Jones was an offer machine, not sure about cjp, will have to wait and see.

People should also remember we have one of the highest recruiting budgets (might be the highest) in the country and have always recruited nationally, so we may offer quite a few from far and wide and see if we can stick one.

Reactions: jakez4ut
it includes offers that were made prior to this staff arriving. so it's probably a little inflated.

but yeah, we're casting a wide net for sure.
Thank you Jake.
Just saw this thread and was hoping someone pointed this out quickly. Not as fast as some of the dumbazzez were but that's hard to do 😂

Believe it's more than a little inflated though. Jones was amongst the top of offers made every year, including for future classes. He would have contributed to this number heavily. Pruitt just never continues contact, he doesn't "pull" offers.

Reactions: jakez4ut
It tells me that Pruitt and staff are recruiting harder than any other group in CFB.. It also tells me that Pruitt desperately wants to get us back on top and he isn't half assing out there. Whether you like him or not you have to admit the man is driven and has a second to none work ethic.
Tennessee has to recruit more on a national level. Georgia mostly can offer instate kids and fill all of their needs. Tennessee has traditionally spent more on recruiting than any other team in the country going back to the fulmer years. Most of that is travel budget.

You miss 100 % of the shots you don't take !

Absolutely. Also it seems like the staff made some good impressions on big time recruits like Nolan Smoth, Haselwood and Pappoe. Those guys actually gave us serious consideration and that's big. Pruitt and the staff swung for the fences and I really like it.

If we just send a form letter offering every junior and senior high school football player in the country we’d have it covered........

This number is inflated because TN reaches into every region due to the money put towards recruiting. Certain teams like Bama and Clemson can be more selective due to their success and others don’t have the budget to scour distant regions. Some just have a talent latent area that doesn’t require a lot of offers to fill a class. JMO.

That is an extraordinary number of offers and eventually we will see the day when a college football program offers 500 kids and on upwards.

it is going well. the only thing that could be better (and i'm not sure that it won't be by Feb) is hte front 7 recruiting. past that, i think we've got a really good class put together so far.
Yeah. and unfortunately I think that is really where we need more emphasis this year. It is not only about getting bigger and better guys... to me its as much about depth as anything. Our guys need back ups for when they get hurt so they get time to heal and play at their best rather than fighting an already up hill battle while being injured.

All the joking aside, I think Pruitt and crew know what they're doing in recruiting and pretty amazing they have us in this position in recruiting leading up to tomorrow ESD. Half the battle is team belief in the direction the team is going, and the other half is talent. Think recruits have to see the positive mind-set on campus now, and we're bringing in some talent, for sure.
Yeah, I think that the results from recruiting will tell us a lot about the buy in that we have in the locker room. Not enough credit is given to the player contributions to recruiting players. Recruits listen to coaches, but they are heavily influenced by the peer group that talks to them on official and unofficial visits to campus. Its a group effort, and it looks to me like we are doing well as a team.

VN Store

Back