Tennessee v Kentucky, 2018 SECT Final: Game thread

Imo the key to this game is grant and admiral. Having seen the length of Kentucky twice hopefully they know what to expect and they come in thw game and attacking and they dont need anytime to adjust

Imo the key to this game is grant and admiral. Having seen the length of Kentucky twice hopefully they know what to expect and they come in thw game and attacking and they dont need anytime to adjust

Alexander needs to rebound as well.

I’m going to be real here. May not be a likeable statement, but it’s true. It’s hard to beat any team 3 times in a season. Look at Oklahoma st and Kansas for some recent evidence. I will admit, I expect a loss. I don’t think we can do it three times in one season. I will GLADLY come back and eat crow if we win. But I don’t think it will happen, and that’s not a bad thing. It’s not a bad thing to lose tomorrow. (Unless it’s by 30) will it suck? Yes, but I would prepare my self for it. Now, with the common sense out of the way, let’s go whoop that ass.

You're wrong because the only impact the previous meetings has is mental. In other words, they mean nothing to this team. Tomorrow will be a new game, and it will be played just like UT plays every game...as hard as they can!

That said, I fully anticipate a brawling UK team to come out swinging for the fences. However, UT is no slouch and they want to win just as bad as UK, if not more. UT will survive the initial storm by UK, and at halftime the score will be within 10, probably down by 6.

The second half will start out the same as the first, UK will look good for a few. But again, the Vols are a dang good basketball team and they will take it to the wire.

Nobody knows how it will end, but I will say the game is gonna be a good one. A dang good one.

Reactions: 2 people
We're a better team than Kentucky. Period. It will be hard to beat them a 3 straight time, but we got this Vols. GBO

Reactions: 1 person
If our guard play shows up for Ky like they did against Ark then I think Tn wins. This team is hard to handle when our guards are making shots and I hope Kyle bring it again.

If our guard play shows up for Ky like they did against Ark then I think Tn wins. This team is hard to handle when our guards are making shots and I hope Kyle bring it again.

There's no "thinking" TN wins if our guards show up like they did vs ARK. If they do TN wins by 15+

As much as I hate kenSucky I have to admit that in the last 2 weeks or so they seem to have found their style of game and are playing much better ball.

kenSucky also seems to have the height and length advantage over us.

Where we're better is that we HAVE lots of heart and will power, we play as solid TEAM and our coaches are really good, have seen the adjustments and differences that kenSucky has made and will have our guys ready for the kenSucky mild kittens.

Barnes and company are also excellent at on the spot adjustments and our kids adjust fast too.

We need to come out fast, build a good lead and never let up for 1 SECond and take this Championship!

I like our chances.

VFL...GBO!!!

As much as I hate kenSucky I have to admit that in the last 2 weeks or so they seem to have found their style of game and are playing much better ball.

Where we're better is that we HAVE lots of heart and will power, we play as solid TEAM and our coaches are really good, have seen the adjustments and differences that kenSucky has made and will have our guys ready for the kenSucky mild kittens.

Barnes and company are also excellent at on the spot adjustments and our kids adjust fast too.

We need to come out fast, build a good lead and never let up for 1 SECond and take this Championship!

I like our chances.

VFL...GBO!!!

I, also like UT's chances tomorrow. But, the thing about Cal and these one and dones, is how he almost always has his team come together and peak, at tournament time. Cal is an above average, X's & O's coach, that recruits the talent and using his motivational and almost psychiatrist-like blending of egos, to get the best out of the talent he has and he has it, when the spotlight and hardware are in sight. Still, think it's moot, because, UT will break them with, teamwork, defense, mental and physical toughness. But, I think Cal will use that and get at least a Sweet 16 or Elite 8 run out of his team. Which would still be a good coaching job, imo. I hope they all go pro, tho, Cal's best teams always have a couple of juniors and sophomores

A WIN WOULD...• Keep the Vols undefeated in rematch games this season. Tennessee is 7-0 in such games.

That's a key stat, and a tribute to Coach Rick Barnes. Think he will dig a little deeper in his bag of tricks, and pull out a win today. GBO!!!

Nervous as hell. Usually I sleep in till 10 or 10:30 but woke up at 8. Already have a growl in my stomach. Probably the first time I’ve been nervous over a UT game in any sport since the 2010 EE game

Nervous as hell. Usually I sleep in till 10 or 10:30 but woke up at 8. Already have a growl in my stomach. Probably the first time I’ve been nervous over a UT game in any sport since the 2010 EE game

That's just excitement, brotha!

Tennessee is playing in the Tournament Championship!

I feel you, but mine's that good kind of excited because I've seen what these grown men can do as a team.

They can go out on that court and take care of business today and then after the final horn have the SEC tournament championship trophy added to their collection.

Go Big Orange!!!

Admiral will have a big day today and will the Vols to victory.

Go Vols!!!

I'm just thankful to be here. What an amazing season.

Not looking forward to hearing Dickie V ride UK & Duke’s nuts about how great they are this year.

Last edited:
My 8 month old didn’t sleep all night. I don’t know if it’s his teething, the time change, or if his little UT heart is nervous about the game today like his daddy. We may be tired, but game on in just a few hours! Whatever happens, very proud of this team. GBO

I like our chances.

VFL...GBO!!!

Teams they played lately don't play defense. UT will come with the down and dirty D all Day today!

Not looking forward to hearing Dickie V ride UK & Duke’s nuts about how great they are this year.

Vitale has been quite critical of the Cats this year.

The crowd will be highly partisan toward Kentucky, plus you won't get the Rupp Blue Hairs. The fans that go to this tourney don't normally get a shot at tickets, so count on it being a home game for the Cats.

Personally, I do believe that Tennessee is the better team and will pull it out today. Here's to an injury free contest that is well played, moving on to the real tournament.

VN Store

Back