Tennessee vs South Carolina (celebrity fans)

Nothing cringy about his pop hits in the 90s. I was not a huge fan, but they were very listenable songs if I happened to catch them on FM while driving.

You should consider that maybe he did a better job at Wagon Wheel. I mean, I had to google OCMS. I'll admit I have heard of them, but just barely. 😁
Exactly. Wow!

Go Vols

I just heard that Kenny announced that he's headlining some shows with Jason Aldean and Luke Bryan.

It's called "The Deviated Septum Tour" sponsored by simply saline nasal rinse.

Reactions: STIFFLER14
The song Wagon Wheel was started by Bob Dylan in the 70s and finished 20 plus years later by OCMS. Then, a decade (and change) later Mr Hootie covered/robbed/took advantage of OCMS’ completed song.

Totally ripped off a non-pop music band’s song and made a bunch of money with people singing along, like morons, as if it’s his anthem. He slapped it on a “country album” and used streaming for-pay services like Apple Music, Spotify, etc to blow the pretty much 30 year old song out of the water. MEANWHILE few to no one knows he did nothing but cash on other artists work coz he had a couple cringy hits in the 90s as a pop rock group.

That is chicken sh!t. Truly cock-like. F that guy. His version is Kids Bop. Especially coming from a guy who went from a few hits in the rock/pop genre and switching to new-age corny country.

I’d be pissed and embarrassed if he was a UT fan. He’s true and true SC Trash Cock Garbage no matter how nice he seems on TV. F that guy.
The songwriters don't share your opinion (they cashin' checks)

Ketch Secor of Old Crow Medicine Show, who wrote the verses around Dylan’s chorus and turned the song into an autobiography of his journey from New Hampshire back home to North Carolina.
“His seal of approval and authenticity is the reason why the song did what it did,” Secor told FOX Business. “It’s a good song, I wrote it well, it’s got the secret Bob Dylan juju, but Darius is the reason that it has sold 8 million copies.”
As for the business side of the record, Secor shares the songwriting credit with Dylan and splits the royalties of the tune. For each physical copy of a record sold, a songwriter receives 9.1 cents in mechanical royalty payments.
“It’s been a lucrative kind of arrangement for both Bob and me,” Secor said.

The songwriters don't share your opinion (they cashin' checks)

Ketch Secor of Old Crow Medicine Show, who wrote the verses around Dylan’s chorus and turned the song into an autobiography of his journey from New Hampshire back home to North Carolina.
“His seal of approval and authenticity is the reason why the song did what it did,” Secor told FOX Business. “It’s a good song, I wrote it well, it’s got the secret Bob Dylan juju, but Darius is the reason that it has sold 8 million copies.”
As for the business side of the record, Secor shares the songwriting credit with Dylan and splits the royalties of the tune. For each physical copy of a record sold, a songwriter receives 9.1 cents in mechanical royalty payments.
“It’s been a lucrative kind of arrangement for both Bob and me,” Secor said.

Sorry. I didn’t realize this forum is full of Hootie fans. I’ll go back to the shadows.

Noted. Thanks for telling me about all the important celebrity people lol. I'd rather say all UT fans are celebrities, especially TEACHERS!!

Sorry. I didn’t realize this forum is full of Hootie fans. I’ll go back to the shadows.
Doesn't matter who you're a fan of, it's just hard to say you ripped someone off when they're cashing checks. Ask Dolly if she feels like Whitney Houston ripped her off. Last count she netted $10 mil

James Brown was cocky, but barely lived past fiddy
Dolly was born on rocky top, Vols by fiddy

1696001577913.png

The song Wagon Wheel was started by Bob Dylan in the 70s and finished 20 plus years later by OCMS. Then, a decade (and change) later Mr Hootie covered/robbed/took advantage of OCMS’ completed song.

Totally ripped off a non-pop music band’s song and made a bunch of money with people singing along, like morons, as if it’s his anthem. He slapped it on a “country album” and used streaming for-pay services like Apple Music, Spotify, etc to blow the pretty much 30 year old song out of the water. MEANWHILE few to no one knows he did nothing but cash on other artists work coz he had a couple cringy hits in the 90s as a pop rock group.

That is chicken sh!t. Truly cock-like. F that guy. His version is Kids Bop. Especially coming from a guy who went from a few hits in the rock/pop genre and switching to new-age corny country.

I’d be pissed and embarrassed if he was a UT fan. He’s true and true SC Trash Cock Garbage no matter how nice he seems on TV. F that guy.
So he stole your girlfriend eh?

VN Store

Back