The Dugout - General Topics, Chat, Random Photos and Memes.......No Politics

Best matchup in SEC baseball this week is Tennessee vs Kentucky and the series will be buried on SEC Network+. Makes zero sense, I'm not into this ESPN hates Tennessee crap but still yet why put best series on a channel lots of people don't have.

Before somebody says purchase the App I have almost all the apps including ESPN +.
We know people tune in to watch the Vols but that is a testament to how bad Kentucky's numbers must be for viewership. When #4 vs #3 doesn't get a game on regular TV, that's a sign that advertisers don't want it.

So are you saying that Bargo, Amick, Snead, Peeples, and Causey have ruined baseball by being at Tennessee?

And the proof is that is that we lost Shawn Scott, Turner Swistak, Jacob Bimbi, Ryan Miller, etc. Or is it that you jump to conclusions in the one case (not having followed the details); but you understand the situation in its full context in the other case?

Is Vitello ruining baseball by trading up? I am under the impression he is managing his roster well. I'd rather just enjoy what is happening that is good for us.

Here's a more detailed treatment of Herring than I provided: #99. It's going to work out for both parties.
---

You don't have to answer. I'm just trying to explain it's more complicated than dark powers ruining everything. And since I am apparently the only one with this view in this forum, I'll just zip it when I am over here from now on. But do thing about what I'm saying, if you don't mind. There are some good points, and some bad points.
I can’t speak on behalf of anyone else, but with me, I tend to get emotionally attached to basketball and baseball players. I feel like it’s not quite as distant/untouchable as the football side of things.
Maybe more intimate or personal, if that makes sense, so it bothers me more when basketball or baseball players transfer. I feel like a family member is walking out on me.
My son has pictures, autographs, pre and post game interactions with these guys. There are less of them, so you can put a face with the player and recognize them when you see them around town.
I think maybe because there are so many more football players, my brain processes it differently?
Kinda like if I were that guy on TV with 6 Mormon wives. If one gets mad, meh, I’ve got 5 more.
That’s how I view football transfers.🤷‍♂️

I can’t speak on behalf of anyone else, but with me, I tend to get emotionally attached to basketball and baseball players. I feel like it’s not quite as distant/untouchable as the football side of things.
Maybe more intimate or personal, if that makes sense, so it bothers me more when basketball or baseball players transfer. I feel like a family member is walking out on me.
My son has pictures, autographs, pre and post game interactions with these guys. There are less of them, so you can put a face with the player and recognize them when you see them around town.
I think maybe because there are so many more football players, my brain processes it differently?
Kinda like if I were that guy on TV with 6 Mormon wives. If one gets mad, meh, I’ve got 5 more.

Yeah, I definitely feel that way about basketball, less players, less headgear, and let’s face it there tends to be more personality in the game (altho baseball has been making up the difference in recent years 🤣)

Basketball and baseball season are also the longest. Baseball plays the most games. Football only gets 12 games and only 7 or 8 of them are home games. Harder to build an attachment whenever the season is so short compared to other sports.

I just cheer for the name on front on jersey, not the one on the back of jersey.

Yeah, I definitely feel that way about basketball, less players, less headgear, and let’s face it there tends to be more personality in the game (altho baseball has been making up the difference in recent years 🤣)
Professor, I’m going to share a pic with you guys because I trust all of you.
Red Walsh was taking a family pic(I think it was his last game)and motioned for my son to come get in it, after he had signed his baseball!
To this day, my wife and I crack up about this. I just imagine the Walsh’s, trying to figure out who the little boy is in the family pic, every time they look at it!
One of many reasons I’m diehard baseVOL!

Attachments

• 6819394D-FE3F-4069-8451-A9394D8C2DA6.jpeg
    6819394D-FE3F-4069-8451-A9394D8C2DA6.jpeg
    135.2 KB · Views: 22
  • 97A68E56-6A92-446A-A9C6-F703B983BEE6.jpeg
    97A68E56-6A92-446A-A9C6-F703B983BEE6.jpeg
    128.1 KB · Views: 21
  • FA794877-F40B-477D-A94A-25A9AF86D0AF.jpeg
    FA794877-F40B-477D-A94A-25A9AF86D0AF.jpeg
    115.6 KB · Views: 19
  • 12806BA7-62A9-4001-BAE3-72AD3A048DCA.jpeg
    12806BA7-62A9-4001-BAE3-72AD3A048DCA.jpeg
    117.7 KB · Views: 21
  • 32BCDAB9-BC07-4484-8D8E-66E6180B2A8B.jpeg
    32BCDAB9-BC07-4484-8D8E-66E6180B2A8B.jpeg
    183.6 KB · Views: 19
  • AF50E667-7E7B-4C8A-821F-A04B45E12EA0.jpeg
    AF50E667-7E7B-4C8A-821F-A04B45E12EA0.jpeg
    166.5 KB · Views: 22
Red Walsh was taking a family pic(I think it was his last game)and motioned for my son to come get in it, after he had signed his baseball!
To this day, my wife and I crack up about this. I just imagine the Walsh’s, trying to figure out who the little boy is in the family pic, every time they look at it!

Great pictures CW! Yeah, we’ve gotten a lot of great pics over the years, but now this one makes me sad 😢

9129F599-4F49-4DBF-BBA8-51FA209E5F52.jpeg

But here’s one that doesn’t make me sad, with CTV back in the early days

32C46DF7-D466-4A27-B47E-10AC3476670D.jpeg

Alas, another sad one…

79B886E5-5F8F-4417-A2FC-F4CFB0599CEE.jpeg

VN Store

Back