The Lane Kiffin Thread

Kiffin: Yes or No

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Kiffin put our program in the death spiral it’s currently in. Zero chance he’s ever the coach at UT again.

I would definitely take Kiffin. Forget his history of leaving TN the way he did; you do want a winning coach don't you?
I do forget his "history" (one time) of leaving TN for his dream job. I most certainly do. I would dearly love to have a now vastly more experienced, offensive- minded, young, energetic coach.

Y’all may think I’m nuts, and I’m not sure I would approve, but think about this. There are a LOT of people that wanted Kiffin the first time around and still a significant # of people now that he’s done well at 2 other stops. There was no way Kiffin was getting hired back to UT by Fulmer. But now it’s announced Fulmer is stepping aside.....

I’ll leave the house now to go pick him up

There is no advantage to staying at Ole Miss if offered the Tennessee job. He'd walk into a QB room with multiple 4/5 stars. Talent alone on our roster trounces Ole Miss'
All he has to do is wait another year or 2 and he’ll have much better offers than Tennessee.

Fulmer did that with his laziness and arrogance... Get over yourself...

actually weak leadership from the top of the university down put UT in this position. DiPietro hired Fulmer as a special assistant, that just sped up the decline. I do think UT leadership is better now than it has been in a long time

Y’all may think I’m nuts, and I’m not sure I would approve, but think about this. There are a LOT of people that wanted Kiffin the first time around and still a significant # of people now that he’s done well at 2 other stops. There was no way Kiffin was getting hired back to UT by Fulmer. But now it’s announced Fulmer is stepping aside.....
YES ! I think you are nuts.

How so? What positive thing did Kiffin bring to our program when he left it?
Kiffin had recruiting, development, and wins on an upswing in 1 season. We were far more competitive during his tenure than the previous year. Our problems didn't come with him leaving, but with the absurd replacement(s) we hired after him. Kiffin is a far superior coach to anyone we have had since, which is attested to by the number and quality of HC positions he has secured after leaving here.

To each his own...feel as you wish about hiring him again. But the assertion that he started our downward spiral is, as I said, patently absurd. Fulmer got that ball rolling. Kiffin put it on pause, and we perpetuated it with our subsequent hires after he left.

All he has to do is wait another year or 2 and he’ll have much better offers than Tennessee.

I don't see Kiffin leaving the SEC on his own for a better profile job than Ole Miss. Know how his luck has gone, I could easily see him winning enough to wait out LSU firing Coach O down the road if LSU doesn't turn around. Kiffin only fails upward. I'd rather take a flyer on the guy and get swagger and energy back into our program than some google coach.

I’m not sure why I should get over myself for voicing my opinion. Get off your high horse. See, I can be petty for no reason too. 🤣

Mostly because your opinion is characteristic of someone lacking developed cognitive abilities... To think one coach over 10 years ago who was here for 1 calendar year is responsible for putting the University of Tennessee Football Team which has been around since 1891 into a death spiral, it shows genuine, genuine lack of thinking ability on your part... Your opinion is wrong, end of story...

fulmer is gone Hire Kiffin

I don't see Kiffin leaving the SEC on his own for a better profile job than Ole Miss. Know how his luck has gone, I could easily see him winning enough to wait out LSU firing Coach O down the road if LSU doesn't turn around. Kiffin only fails upward. I'd rather take a flyer on the guy and get swagger and energy back into our program than some google coach.
me too and he has his team electric, fun to watch

VN Store

Back