The Lane Kiffin Thread

Kiffin: Yes or No

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
I don't see Kiffin leaving the SEC on his own for a better profile job than Ole Miss. Know how his luck has gone, I could easily see him winning enough to wait out LSU firing Coach O down the road if LSU doesn't turn around. Kiffin only fails upward. I'd rather take a flyer on the guy and get swagger and energy back into our program than some google coach.
Me too. But no reason to start the process off immediately being turned down again .

Here is where I am at. Kiffin was my number 1 choice when Pruitt was hired. And this season validated why I wanted him. Exciting offense and he is one dude who isn't afraid to on opposing sidelines from Saban and won't poop his pants. However how can we be urinated off that he left us after 1 season then hire him away from another SEC school after 1 season. I can't ethically say that is a good deal. If this was 2 years from now I would be able to make that argument that is ok.

Me too. But no reason to start the process off immediately being turned down again .

I'd rather be turned down by guys that are considered "swinging for the fences" vs settling.

of course if it was my decision, I'd load the boat and offer guys like Lincoln Riley the highest paying contract in the entire country to get them here. Make them turn down money

Hiring Kiffin again would be like taking your ex back after she left you years ago for her dream husband. It doesn't matter how he's changed; IMO, he can't ever be trusted. He can EAD as far as I'm concerned.

Reactions: Lovnrockytop
Y’all may think I’m nuts, and I’m not sure I would approve, but think about this. There are a LOT of people that wanted Kiffin the first time around and still a significant # of people now that he’s done well at 2 other stops. There was no way Kiffin was getting hired back to UT by Fulmer. But now it’s announced Fulmer is stepping aside.....
I'LL DRIVE DOWN TO OXFORD TO PICK HIM UP! HELL YES!

Kiffin had recruiting, development, and wins on an upswing in 1 season. We were far more competitive during his tenure than the previous year. Our problems didn't come with him leaving, but with the absurd replacement(s) we hired after him. Kiffin is a far superior coach to anyone we have had since, which is attested to by the number and quality of HC positions he has secured after leaving here.

To each his own...feel as you wish about hiring him again. But the assertion that he started our downward spiral is, as I said, patently absurd. Fulmer got that ball rolling. Kiffin put it on pause, and we perpetuated it with our subsequent hires after he left.
Mostly because your opinion is characteristic of someone lacking developed cognitive abilities... To think one coach over 10 years ago who was here for 1 calendar year is responsible for putting the University of Tennessee Football Team which has been around since 1891 into a death spiral, it shows genuine, genuine lack of thinking ability on your part... Your opinion is wrong, end of story...
I don’t think he’s responsible for our entire down fall by any means. I just think his abrupt departure was a turning point in the downward fall of it. He’s never coming back here so I’m honestly not sure why we are still talking about him.

I don’t think he’s responsible for our entire down fall by any means. I just think his abrupt departure was a turning point in the downward fall of it. He’s never coming back here so I’m honestly not sure why we are still talking about him.
Kiffin put our program in the death spiral it’s currently in. Zero chance he’s ever the coach at UT again.
Yeah...tell me more.

Last edited:
Reactions: BP4Prez and howie87
Sure, what else would you like to know? 😬
Sorry, I should have been more specific...that was rhetorical. Your conflicting highlighted posts in the same thread tell me all I really need to know.

Thanks.

As much as I’d love to see Lane in orange again, he’s not leaving Ole Miss for this dumpster fire, especially with the ncaa keeping watch.

As much as I hated him when he was hired and when he left, he is my first choice. He has grown since his early days with us. The problem would be is the Kiffin haters that would never accept him just like a lot never accepted Pruitt from day one. I want a coach that can put a team on the field that can win. Kiffin did that his first year at Ole Miss.

Friend of mine who is a Ohio State fan said Vols should go after Tom Herman. I don't know, he didn't do much at Texas but he wasn't there that long either. I guess there could be worse hires, but I don't think he can get us to where the program needs to be.

VN Store

Back