The Official #19 Tennessee vs. Florida Game Thread, 9:00 PM ET, ESPN2

I really like our chances of finishing out, 2-1. I think we beat Ole Miss in Oxford, lose at Miss. St and get sweet revenge against Georgia at TBA. That would give us 22 wins and 12-6 in the SEC and 2nd place, by ourselves. Get at least one win in the SECT after the double bye and hopefully go into the NCAA Tourney as a 3 seed.

I really like our chances of finishing out, 2-1. I think we beat Ole Miss in Oxford, lose at Miss. St and get sweet revenge against Georgia at TBA. That would give us 22 wins and 12-6 in the SEC and 2nd place, by ourselves. Get at least one win in the SECT after the double bye and hopefully go into the NCAA Tourney as a 3 seed.

I'll take 2-1 and losing that first game vs a solid team in ST loius. Would almost certainly give us a 4 seed

Yeah. We go on runs of scoring every possession while playing great defense (looking like midseason) and then look really bad a few minutes later.

Before our recent string of bad play, we were one of the very few teams in the country that were ranked in both the top 25 in offensive/defensive efficiency, if I'm not mistaken.. This basketball team throughout the year has has a pretty solid defense. Top notch really... Even on nights that we shoot poorly, our defense helps keeps us in games. If Admiral and Williams can stay out of foul trouble, out physical and out muscle their opponent, and take the ball strong to the rim, we'll be tough to beat. In the final few games of the season, and with the SEC/NCAA tournaments right around the corner, I feel like Both of these guys should receive a healthy dose of the offensive touches per game. The only thing that scares me is if Williams goes down with foul trouble, or has an off night then who steps up for us? Do we have anyone that can fill his shoes or come close to his production level? What about someone to carry us on his shoulders in critical moments when called upon??.. Its been a great year, and I will say that this team has greatly exceeded my expectations of this team before the season started. Talk about a blue collar group of guys that have worked hard all year. This is a good basketball team, and we can play with anyone in the country on a neutral court. I honestly don't see this team laying down come Tourney time.

Reactions: 2 people
Agreed.

I don’t expect SEC or National Championships every year but I expect to be competitive.

Our guard play needs to improve badly.

And Schofield still likes to force bad shot attempts.

I’m still curious to know why Walker didn’t play at all tonight.

Playing Fulkerson over Walker makes zero sense to me

Do you think you will make the tourney, given your remaining schedule? 17-12 isn't greaat.

I think 19 wins gets us in. We have three regular season games but all tough and then the SEC.

The way we are playing right now I'd say we are about 20 pct to make it. But even if we do we are likely out in first round in a 7 10, 8 9 type matchup.

VN Store

Back