The Official #7 Tennessee vs. #2 Purdue Game Thread, 8:00 PM ET, ESPN

Purdue is a good team, no doubt.

Good early test for our guys. Need to figure out the shooting woes, but we stood blow for blow against the #2 team in the country.

NCAA needs to do something about the officiating though. Completely nonsense all night.

This has been said for years now and nothing has changed.

It’s the same sh*t in college football. No consistency.

Completely ruins any chance of having actual great games for fans to watch.

Reactions: DooleyOrangePants
This team is still learning each other on the floor and is a work in progress! It is very early in the year and we are going to be very tough down the road because we are already tough now!!

Ziegler and Vescovi have to step up. Both need to put up more threes in the gym. Vescovi had some stupid fouls in this game.

Knecht hopefully learned that you can't be loose with the ball while dribbling in the lane.

Hopefully the team learns a lot from this game and can come away with a win tomorrow.
Rest assured everyone scouting us just found out how to defend Knecht. But it takes a second man to make the steal. Knecht will have to add some passing to his repertoire.

I’m a Barnes fan. Pretty good game overall but a couple of head scratchers in the last couple of minutes of the game. Letting time run (20+ seconds then Ziegler fouls) off rather than fouling quickly with 45 seconds left down two possessions… not calling a TO in a one possession game with a guy running around with one shoe on.

Reactions: youcancallmeAl
It’s not an overreaction to see the same flaws repeated year over year IF you are expecting a tournament run. If not, then this team will win a lot of games but other than Knecht nothing has changed for this team. Ziegler will improve off of his injury but Vescovi, and James have reached their potential.
Dude….our 2 leading scorers are brand new to the team. There such a thing as chemistry. I am not happy we lost but chill bro.

Reactions: gainesvol82
As I said a few times, we got the same guys bogging down the offense this year. We needed as much new offensive punch as we could get. I was very disappointed to lose Chris Ledlum. These same guys from last year still ain't cutting it on offense. It's just hard to watch sometimes.

Reactions: LibertyVolance
Y’all need to understand Dalton won’t struggle like that often, Ziegler is still coming back from Injury, vescovi won’t stay cold forever, and who knows if Awaka is even 100%. This team come march is going to be SO GOOD
You my friend have something very lacking around here tonight! Good sense!

Incoming overreactions to us losing to the #2 team. Reason I stay away from this toxic site now.

Nah, just let everyone cool off. Some blow off steam differently than others. Better takes coming over the next 24 hours. This game was great for us in the long run.

We aren’t mentally tough enough to beat either. We got Ziegler and Gainey playing hero ball and Vescovi needs a sports psychologist because he has sucked

I agree with you about Ziegler, he's just not a natural 3-point shooter, and should have taken less of them. Gainey keep the Vols in it in the second half with his 3-point shooting though. Disappointing that Knecht disappeared in the second half.

VN Store

Back