The Official #9 Tennessee vs. Austin Peay Game Thread, 5:00 PM ET, SEC Network+

Status
Not open for further replies.
With such a lack of focus and discipline, have to think we spent one day preparing for AP and spent the rest of the week looking to FL. We were very sloppy offensively but I also thought every call went against us. PI in end zone not called and the obvious fumble/non-fumble. I did hear that several of these officials were here for the OM game couple years ago, so who knows.
We won ugly and that is much better than losing pretty.
No onto FL and lets whoop their a$$.

Go Vols!!

Milton cannot catch the ball for the reciever.. of his 1st 8 passes 7 of them touched the receiver’s hands, and 5 were easy catches for a d-1 level reciever, and he was 1-8 on those passes.

That doesn’t mean s*** except Joe is extremely inaccurate on routine simple throws. Thanks for pointing that out.

Reactions: tnvols72
Milton is the same guy who lost his job at Michigan and lost his job to Hooker.

Milton can rip it 75 yards but he just isn’t a quality QB.

Vols are going to lose 5 games if Milton remains the starting QB. I hoped he would be the guy, but he isn’t.
Yep. His history‘s up and down. Definitely not a winning pattern.

Reactions: patrick
This all day. Nico should have gotten reps regardless. They do not trust him enough to throw down field. I feel bad for Nico. Milton does not like contact and cant even elude the rusher and just throws it.

Exactly. Going to be a long, ugly year unless Heupel plays Nico.

And yes Nico shoujd have gotten a **** tonight because Milton sucked.

Tons of concerning things tonight but no way to tell if they’re legit till next Saturday.

Let’s stop calling other vols not real fans for voicing concerns though. After seeing Dooley, Butch, and Pruitt do the same against similar opponents, BVS is gonna have people worried.

I really want to believe this is just “them looking ahead”, but my brain tells me otherwise. I think this is the team we’re getting this year folks. A decent defense with a good run game. That’s about it. Flame away.

Not really sure about Milton yet. He just seems to get too excited at times and throws are off...

Last edited:
Reactions: Proud Army Wife
Honestly, he made like three good throws in the Orange Bowl and largely wasn’t that good in that game either. If Clemsons kicker could make a field goal or Klubnik could play that’s a different game.
So only 3 of his 19 completions were "good" passes. Seems like the people who actually know what they are talking about disagree with you since he was the MVP of the game. I guess it was just a participation trophy.

Not immature. Just know that's it's possible for a guy to call a bad game, once. This is his first bad game in two years. It's not against the law to admit our coach isn't perfect. Grow up.
That’s fair. Totally fair. I’m just not going down the path of the extreme trashing of coach. He’s earned the benefit of the doubt. I’m in his corner for the long plan.

Reactions: Pride85
Yes. Makes me wonder. I dont think the refs just had money on this game. I'm pretty sure they have an enormous amount of stock in the local hospitals here too.
I'm not sure. But the calls were absolutely awful. Also the Austin Pea coaches were constantly on the field during play, like get off the field.

Reactions: SlipKidVol
All I gotta say is lots of us were rational last week in saying we didn't look good even though we had a decent win. We could tell the offense wasn't playing lights out. It was missing that spark that we were used to seeing when we had Hooker. But most here were drinking the Kool Aid and calling those concerned nega vols and other slanders.

Y'all back to Earth yet after this game? Still think we going to blow Florida out of the swamp? By blow out I mean win by 3 or more TDs.

I think it'll be a lot closer than you all realized.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back