The Official LSU @ Tennessee Series Thread (Fri. April 12 7:30PM EST ESPNU) (Sat. April 13 5:30PM EST SEC NETWORK) (Sun. April 14 3PM EST SEC NETWORK)

Great series at LNS. quick thoughts after the last Sunday of the season at LNS.
1) Cal Stark has earned the C position through his great defense, leadership, and grit. His play was critical throwing to 3rd for the out on the bunt. Not giving up on Peebles as he will begin hitting again, and you need 2 solid catchers. Plus, he was on fire this Fall. The Fall curse lives on.
2) CMO continues to crush the ball. His play yesterday throwing behind Tommy Tanks at 3rd was huge yesterday.
3) Zander looked great today. He looks like a solid Sunday starter and he’s earned it.
4) Combs looks healthy and back to his normal excellent stuff.
5) The crowd was a little dead today—assume the heat combined with the sun and wind zapped them. I hope we only play Sat night games at home the rest of the season. No more day games.

Not worried about catcher, defensively they can all do the job. Agree with everything else as stated.

Is LSU actually bad, or is the SEC just that good. They were a top 5 team before the SEC season started and so for all the SEC teams they played are ranked?

I don't like when some people try and deminish the greatest of sweeping LSU

The next two weekends are gonna tell the story for LSU, both sweepable series’s for ‘em.

Yeah I’m trying to figure out how exactly KY is so good. I’m skeptical.

I haven’t watched them a ton, but enough to know this much, all things are on the table offensively. They can go boom boom room, steal and hit the @txbo room for good measure. You don’t get to where they are without pitching, but we have guys to test that out. Should be a competitive series.

They’ve definitely played the easier part of their schedule so far. Gonna get a lot tougher, starting next week.
Well, I’m fairness, you could say the same thing about TN. In fact, both teams have played the same opponents (Alabama, Georgia, Ole Miss, Auburn) in 4 of the 5 SEC series (they have played Mizzou and we played LSU in the other). Against those common 4 foes, they are 12-0 and TN is 7-5.

Well, I’m fairness, you could say the same thing about TN. In fact, both teams have played the same opponents (Alabama, Georgia, Ole Miss, Auburn) in 4 of the 5 SEC series (they have played Mizzou and we played LSU in the other). Against those common 4 foes, they are 12-0 and TN is 7-5.

Yep, I was happier not mentioning those other details 🤣

Ouch!

I haven’t watched them a ton, but enough to know this much, all things are on the table offensively. They can go boom boom room, steal and hit the @txbo room for good measure. You don’t get to where they are without pitching, but we have guys to test that out. Should be a competitive series.
I get that, it just seams like it came out of nowhere. They were decent last year, but no one was talking about them before the season. Are they an older team or acquired some studs in the portal? It just didn’t seem like to me that they had the coaching pedigree or resources to be as successful as they are right now. They’re certainly surprising folks.

Same exact schedule except we played LSU and they have Arkansas for the entire year. 8 common opponents and then of course the two teams have to play one another.

I get that, it just seams like it came out of nowhere. They were decent last year, but no one was talking about them before the season. Are they an older team or acquired some studs in the portal? It just didn’t seem like to me that they had the coaching pedigree or resources to be as successful as they are right now. They’re certainly surprising folks.
They made a super regional last year….as a program they have only made it twice and both have been under this coach. He has built the exact type of team he wanted and got some solid pieces through the portal. They are pitching well. They have one of the best defenses up the middle and unlike LSU, they do all the little things well. We are more talented and better but Uk will make you pay for any mistakes and usually won’t give you any added help from mistakes theirselves.

@greasemachine , I can’t tell you how much I despise LSU. Won’t go into my reasons, but suffice it to say they are valid.

So, today I take my family to our first game vs LSU, and lo and behold we are sitting right in front of their parents. Of course, they are super annoying!

If we had to sit through a loss to those chumps with their parents hootin and hollerin, I would’ve lost it.

With that backdrop, can’t tell you how appreciative I am to the muffin man for mowing down those fools! What a sweet victory for us to cherish! We love the Z-man, a true VFL!!!
Thank you for the kind words. I am glad Z was able to help a little and keep the parent section in check. I will pass along this info. #VFL⚾🍊⚾🍊

I think they got the business put on them in the regular season. At least by super regionals they knew we were better and it was tougher for the regular fan to get in as well.
The 21 regular season series against them was still 25% capacity, spaced out like crazy and it rained on the Saturday game so the crowd was minimal. That was our 2nd SEC series, I believe, so we didn’t even know how good we were yet. Supers were contentious and probably nasty, as Paul Manieri lamented, but the regular season series was a nothing burger with maybe 800 people in the stands. Whenever that program loses they find something to bitch about.

looks like bama will get the #1 team in their building yet again if a&m is #1in the new rankings.

The question I have is, RPI wise, right now, as we sit, why is UK taking the back seat to TAMU? UK has 12 wins versus Q1 teams, I think that’s a thing.

More to your point. We can’t keep up with portal and NIL and transfers and why kids for any number of good reasons leave for what may be greener pastures.

What’s indisputable is UK sitting at home waiting for us. It doesn’t matter how they got there or how we get there. It’s happening that we trail them by 3 games.

Take care of the midweek and let’s ride.

LSU parents I have talked to say they were treated very poorly in the 21 regular season and supers here. LNS sure was rowdy in those days and fun so I believe it. They said it was worst they were treated anywhere and I don’t think they appreciated what they considered the nouveau riche fan base. Either way, when you get your face bashed in it tends to leave much more of an impression.

Reactions: chuckiepoo
The 21 regular season series against them was still 25% capacity, spaced out like crazy and it rained on the Saturday game so the crowd was minimal. That was our 2nd SEC series, I believe, so we didn’t even know how good we were yet. Supers were contentious and probably nasty, as Paul Manieri lamented, but the regular season series was a nothing burger with maybe 800 people in the stands. Whenever that program loses they find something to bitch about.
You are most definitely correct about the limited crowd regular season. Probably so with everything you said. Tough to lose 5 games in one year to the same team and a career ended for a good coach. I don’t think LNS can get better than that 21 season atmosphere wise. Sure was something.

VN Store

Back