The Official LSU @ Tennessee Series Thread (Fri. April 12 7:30PM EST ESPNU) (Sat. April 13 5:30PM EST SEC NETWORK) (Sun. April 14 3PM EST SEC NETWORK)

I get that, it just seams like it came out of nowhere. They were decent last year, but no one was talking about them before the season. Are they an older team or acquired some studs in the portal? It just didn’t seem like to me that they had the coaching pedigree or resources to be as successful as they are right now. They’re certainly surprising folks.
Do Kentucky players still perform their prissy, synchronized, chorus-girl routines, straddling a rail in front of their dugout?

That's the only thing the rest of the country associates with KY baseball. 😂

* Not that there's anything wrong with that.

Last edited:
You are most definitely correct about the limited crowd regular season. Probably so with everything you said. Tough to lose 5 games in one year to the same team and a career ended for a good coach. I don’t think LNS can get better than that 21 season atmosphere wise. Sure was something.
From 100% capacity weekend on it was great. The Arkansas series (first one at 100% and no masks) is still the best environment I’ve seen in LNS. Place was electric all weekend long.

I'm not surprised about KY baseball.
That's been a solid organization for a long time.
Yeah 14-1 is nutty, sometimes luck is on your side.
I imagine they'll have another loss, or two by next Sunday.
Man, taking 2 in Lexington would be monumental. But that’s gonna be tough with Russell still sidelined. The bats are going to have to heat back up. Although our pitching against LSU was pretty stout.

I also thought about inquiring how much LSU pays their kids

Edit: my buddy suggested something even better, whatever LSU is paying your kid, it’s obviously too much 😈

After Mr. Tanks did one of his leisurely strolls down the base paths on Sunday, someone yelled at Marc Wanaka "Cut those checks off and he might run a little faster!"

I swear the guy nodded ever so slightly.

The question I have is, RPI wise, right now, as we sit, why is UK taking the back seat to TAMU? UK has 12 wins versus Q1 teams, I think that’s a thing.

More to your point. We can’t keep up with portal and NIL and transfers and why kids for any number of good reasons leave for what may be greener pastures.

What’s indisputable is UK sitting at home waiting for us. It doesn’t matter how they got there or how we get there. It’s happening that we trail them by 3 games.

Take care of the midweek and let’s ride.
Just trying to explain: the RPI is the index (formula) that gets you to the quadrant tiers. You can’t get the record for every quadrant until you get your RPI ranking. The RPI is a bit flawed, and the tier records are in favor of UK. Just like in basketball, the committee should use the quadrant records over the straight RPI rank.

Reactions: vol66
From 100% capacity weekend on it was great. The Arkansas series (first one at 100% and no masks) is still the best environment I’ve seen in LNS. Place was electric all weekend long.
And the walkoff 3 run home run by Max Ferguson that Sat against #1 ranked Arkansas was a thing of beauty! 🍊👍👊👊😀🍊🍊👍😃It was his 2nd HR of the day. One of the best days at LNS ever! I couldn’t speak for a couple of days afterwards.

Yeah I’m trying to figure out how exactly KY is so good. I’m skeptical.
Of their last 12 games played, their only loss was to Samford this past Tuesday, but Sam is a solid team. Prior to those 12 games, UK came within a hair of losing their series to Mizzou, and Mizzou is much improved as well.

This weekend a reeling Alabama team takes 2 of 3 from a scorching Arkansas squad. That baseball is just a weird game in those respects and I wouldn‘t be surprised whatsoever to see Kentucky play .500 baseball the back half of the SEC season.

I'm not surprised about KY baseball.
That's been a solid organization for a long time.
Yeah 14-1 is nutty, sometimes luck is on your side.
I imagine they'll have another loss, or two by next Sunday.
I am more than surprised they're 14-1. Like you say that's just a nutty

They have upgraded their small ball game with some solid hitting. Lopez is one tough out. Pitre & Waldschmidt solid hitters with 31 SB between them.

Niman & Moore are pitching well. Gonna be a interesting series.

And the walkoff 3 run home run by Max Ferguson that Sat against #1 ranked Arkansas was a thing of beauty! 🍊👍👊👊😀🍊🍊👍😃It was his 2nd HR of the day. One of the best days at LNS ever! I couldn’t speak for a couple of days afterwards.
The entire series was settled by 1 run.

Just great college baseball.

Of their last 12 games played, their only loss was to Samford this past Tuesday, but Sam is a solid team. Prior to those 12 games, UK came within a hair of losing their series to Mizzou, and Mizzou is much improved as well.

This weekend a reeling Alabama team takes 2 of 3 from a scorching Arkansas squad. That baseball is just a weird game in those respects and I wouldn‘t be surprised whatsoever to see Kentucky play .500 baseball the back half of the SEC season.
If they do go .500 the rest of the way, they finish with 21 or 22 SEC wins.

That's still national seed territory.

STAT OF THE GAME: Tennessee has now swept 14 SEC regular-season series during head coach Tony Vitello's seven years as head coach after posting just two series sweeps in conference play from 2012-17.
…very nice edit! ✍️
If you give your image a moment to load completely, it will post in a more viewer friendly format! 😉

Reactions: greasemachine
Do Kentucky players still perform their prissy, synchronized, chorus-girl routines, straddling a rail in front of their dugout?

That's the only thing the rest of the country associates with KY baseball. 😂

* Not that there's anything wrong with that.
Unfortunately…very softball esque…awful imo

Listening on the radio in the shop…did Vince just say “9th different Vol to hit a grand slam this season”? That’s not right is it? Maybe meant 9th on the year?

Scores:

Air Force 4 7th
Texas A&M 13

Jacksonville 0 5th
Florida 6

UAB 2 3rd
Alabama 2

Georgia Tech 3 3rd
Auburn 8

Kentucky 5
Louisville 2 2nd

South Carolina 3