The Official Mizzou @ Tennessee Series Thread (Thurs. April 25 7:30PM EST SEC NET) (Fri. April 26 6:30PM EST SECNET+) (Sat. April 27 Noon EST SECNET)

The impact they’ve had on NCAA rules, the way games are umped, and baseball culture at large is far greater than I think most people in our fan base and especially outside of it realize.

It really needs to be documented one day.
Truth. That would make a great documentary/30 for 30. You can do it, kind of the same way they did "The U" about Miami Hurricanes football. That would be awesome, I know all my friends and Vols fan would watch it. Too bad, we don't get the "Hollywood" ending, but that could make it, more compelling

Reactions: Christian Lowe
It really doesn’t matter when fans decide to watch. It has no affect on anyone’s life and doesn’t make anybody better than another. The gatekeeping in sports is laughable at times.
If you want people to watch, you have to put a competitive product on the field. You don’t have to win championships but you have to compete for them.

If you want people to watch, you have to put a competitive product on the field. You don’t have to win championships but you have to compete for them.
You also have to make it possible. I’m 4 hours away form Knoxville with a son that also plays a lot of baseball. Ever since being able to get the games through the + network I’m hooked.

You also have to make it possible. I’m 4 hours away form Knoxville with a son that also plays a lot of baseball. Ever since being able to get the games through the + network I’m hooked.
Me too. I've said it here before, but the 22 Vols brought back my love of the game. I had given up on the MLB primadonas in the late 90's. Being able to watch all the college games on plus has been a game changer. Must watch appointment tv now for me and my parents and son. Three generations impacted by the 22 Vols.

Yep that changed the game. Being able to watch all the games and not live in town is a huge blessing!

But want to say..not that it matters…I was going to games in college…following the teams as much as possible even before +network and definitely watching all the games when +network started before 22! Names like Heflin, Soularie, Stallings, Andre Lipcius, Hunley, Daniels and many many more got the ball rolling! These players came and built the start of what great things have come!

Last edited:
On our way to the 4th consecutive season being over .500 in conference play. Haven’t done that since Delmonico’s teams did it 5 consecutive seasons from 1993-97 and Bill Wright’s teams also doing it 5 straight from 1972-76. Those are the only other times our program has strung together this many winning seasons in a row within the conference.

VN Store

Back