The Official Mizzou @ Tennessee Series Thread (Thurs. April 25 7:30PM EST SEC NET) (Fri. April 26 6:30PM EST SECNET+) (Sat. April 27 Noon EST SECNET)

Maybe I shouldn’t say it, but Blake would have gotten a hit if we wore ORANGE instead of that ugly, ugly, ugly black garbage ugly mess we wore out there tonight.
Garbage take. The black is clean as hell, the boys love it, and it’s good to mix it up a couple times a year. Pretty sure we’ll rock all orange tonight.

I’m not debating that. I’m just saying the 22 team seemed more clutch. And the 21 team was more clutch than the 22 team honestly
No doubt the 22 team was the best team ever in the clutch they just did not leave runners stranded. IMO the most important thing a good offensive team can do is get the two out hit and the 22 team was unreal good at it. I think this team can be that good as well but they have not really been put in that position yet.

Garbage take. The black is clean as hell, the boys love it, and it’s good to mix it up a couple times a year. Pretty sure we’ll rock all orange tonight.
Orange > Black.

If God wanted us wearing black, He would have colored the daisies growing on the Hill black. 😉

No doubt the 22 team was the best team ever in the clutch they just did not leave runners stranded. IMO the most important thing a good offensive team can do is get the two out hit and the 22 team was unreal good at it. I think this team can be that good as well but they have not really been put in that position yet.

This is what made that Sunday Kentucky game so special.

Tennessee scored 13 runs and had only 2 LOB. THAT IS INSANITY!
The UK scoreboard kept track of LOB on the scoreboard and I noted after the 6th inning that Tennessee only had 1 LOB despite having 7 runs. The scored 3 more in in the 7th with 0 LOB (2 HRs) and three runs in the 8th with no LOB. The 9th inning was the ONLY time in the game that the Vols did not score and left a runner stranded as Dyl had a 2 out - 4 pitch walk and Dean ended the inning with a F9.

Kentucky was supposed to be the "scrappy" team than manufactured runs but they had 7 LOB. 3 of those runners were left at 3rd base. 1 was caught stealing (2st inning)

7 LOB is a good number. 2 is insane.

Saturday's number was no where near as good ( UT 11 | UK 7) But 3 of those were when Vols left bases loaded in the 6th

I don’t disagree. Will be interesting to see the outcome of the UK/SC series this weekend.
The 21 team had a walk off win once a week it seemed like, as well as the biggest walk off this school has ever seen.

I saw your stats @VolPack22 but I just don’t think clutch is that easily quantified. This team left the bases loaded twice iirc against Oklahoma and then gave up 5 runs in the 10th against them.

The 22 team had come back wins in 2 of the 3 regional games.

The 21 team had massive walk off wins against LSU, Florida, and wright state in the tournament.

I know you can point to the 6-2 comeback win vs Kentucky. I know statistically this team is better overall. But we still seem to leave runners on and don’t get timely base hits late in games when trailing like the 21-22 teams did. That is all I’m saying.

Reactions: vol66 and VolPack22
PITCHING PROBABLES
  • Game 1 (Thursday, April 25 – 6:30 p.m.) – LHP Ryan Magdic (Mizzou) vs. LHP Chris Stamos (UT)
  • Game 2 (Friday, April 26 – 5:30 p.m.) – RHP Logan Lunceford (Mizzou) vs. RHP Drew Beam (UT)
  • Game 3 (Saturday, April 27 – 11 a.m.) – LHP Javyn Pimental (Mizzou) vs. TBD (UT)
Lunsford 7.44 Pimental 3.73

Last edited:
The 21 team had a walk off win once a week it seemed like, as well as the biggest walk off this school has ever seen.

I saw your stats @VolPack22 but I just don’t think clutch is that easily quantified. This team left the bases loaded twice iirc against Oklahoma and then gave up 5 runs in the 10th against them.

The 22 team had come back wins in 2 of the 3 regional games.

The 21 team had massive walk off wins against LSU, Florida, and wright state in the tournament.

I know you can point to the 6-2 comeback win vs Kentucky. I know statistically this team is better overall. But we still seem to leave runners on and don’t get timely base hits late in games when trailing like the 21-22 teams did. That is all I’m saying.
Games 2 and 3 against LSU were clutch. Those easily could have gone the other way. Pitching blew Game 2 against Ole Miss, Game 3 against Alabama and Game 1 against Kentucky or we are looking at 37-4 (16-2) right now. Whenever the pitching gives up 3+ runs in a late inning that’s not on the offense. There is only so much an offense can overcome in those situations. The fact that they haven’t had to be clutch the majority of the season should tell anyone they are a step above those previous teams offensively. ‘21 and ‘22 will always hold a special place in my heart because they were elite but the pitching was a lot better on those teams also. If you switch pitching staffs with this year’s team we legitimately could be looking at either an undefeated team or just a couple losses lol. That’s just how dominant this offense has been. They haven’t really had to be clutch because we are usually so far ahead that it doesn’t matter. There have been 22 games where we have given up 3 runs or less. That ‘22 team had 33 such games at this same point in their season. Give this team the best pitching staff in the country and they would be considered the best team of all-time hands down.

Reactions: chuckiepoo
Iirc black was a main color of our baseball team almost the entire time we were with adidas too
Black or dark blue is a "baseball color".
Professional, college, and minor leagues wear it no matter what their official colors are.
Especially the caps.
Stadium seats or bleachers are similar. A stadium looks weird if the seats are not dark green, blue or black.- including LNS in years passed by.
Even teams without black uniforms often have dark pinstripes.

I believe the current black jerseys would look better with the script Vols across the front instead like on the cream.

The black cap- with or without an orange bill should be Tennessee's default cap. The batting helmet should be black full time.

Finally, I would remove the Power-T from everything baseball. Interlocking UT only.

The only regular logos on the baseball gear should be:

s-l1200.webp
images
images

Possibly like:
shopping

For:
Alternate logo on sleeve
Warm up jerseys or caps
Special events

Finally, the black jerseys would look better without the white pants. They look better with the light gray. A black pinstripe white pant would look extraordinary.

I'm way into crappy discussion like this.

Reactions: GenRRN
Thought you guys would get a kick out of this.
Last night during the game, a college co-ed with UT apparel on walked by with a young man. She poked him and said you should get your picture made with Smokey the Bear mascot. I said without hesitation, welcome to UT, home of Smokey, a DOG not a bear. That is why our fan support sometimes is missing.

VN Store

Back