The Official Tennessee @ #12 Georgia Game Thread, 12:00pm ET, ESPN

GOOOOOOOOOOOOD MORNING VOL FANS!!!

It's 6am on the west coast and I'm ready to see some damn football!

This is the espn blog prediction.

Why Georgia wins big: Tennessee is coming off a bye, and there's no doubt the Vols are improved, but their defense is not ready to stop Georgia. Against Oklahoma, Tennessee gave up an average of 7.4 yards per carry to freshman running back Samaje Perine. Georgia's Heisman Trophy candidate, Todd Gurley, is averaging 9.8 yards per carry, and backup Sony Michel averages 10.3 yards per carry. More gloom and doom for the Vols: Once the ground game gets going, Georgia quarterback Hutson Mason will hurt you with the play-action game. He's completing 71.2 percent of his passes this season. Georgia 42, Tennessee 20 -- Jeff Barlis

Why Tennessee keeps it close: This might be a bit of an overreaction to Georgia's loss to South Carolina. It was on the road. And it was decided by less than an inch. But Hutson Mason hasn't showed me he can complement Todd Gurley enough. And the Bulldogs' secondary isn't especially inspiring. Tennessee finds a way to make a few explosive plays though the air (Justin Worley is spoiled at receiver), and the Vols keep it tight well into the fourth quarter. Georgia 23, Tennessee 20 -- Alex Scarborough

I like scarboroughs prediction better but we kick that winning fg.
That prediciton by Jeff is very confusing. Perine got that many yards on average due to 4 carries and 45 yards in the 3rd but otherwise we held OU in the run pretty well. Also UGA in the passing game on OFfense and Defense is bad.

ESPN cracks me up still airing that playoffs commercial that sports the Big 10 teams, especially Michigan.

I've grown more confident in our chances this week, but in a sense of 2% chance to maybe 15%. Have to see it to believe it.

Even having been here for a few years (as a Dawg), I still don't have 100 posts and can not start a thread (by the way - excellent way to keep the trolls at bay ...) This is the best place I could find to post this with the current posts in the thread.

I usually don't like to support my opinions by quoting Bleacher Report articles, because they are usually based more on the columnist's opinions and narrowly based facts, but this is one that I can agree with. I have posted several times on this board that this is how Tennessee can beat Georgia.

10 Biggest Questions Facing Top 25 Teams Heading into Week 5 | Bleacher Report

Expecting a close game that will not be settled until late.
I respect the progress of the young starters for Tennessee and respect your passing game. A high scoring game for both teams will open the window for either team to take home a W.

GOOO VOLS!! We are going to get this win today guys I can feel it!! Never been more confident about beating the Dawgs

I've grown more confident in our chances this week, but in a sense of 2% chance to maybe 15%. Have to see it to believe it.

This. There's a lot of unrealistic predictions on here. Much better shot at beating Florida next week

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pmZkKznB2gc[/youtube]

I'll just leave this here.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pmZkKznB2gc[/youtube]

I'll just leave this here.

Rifle - I will tell you this: Even though I knew that it was probably going to happen, I was not a happy Dawg with he committed with the Vols. The man was a beast for you ...

And saint antelot raised the holy hand grenade up on high, saying, oh lord bless this thy holy hand grenade and with it may blow thy enemy to tiny bits in thy mercy. And the lord did grin, and the people did feast upon the birds, gators, elephants, Tigers, cats, and dawgs. Once the number three, being the third number reached then lobbeth the holy hand grenade of Antioch towards thou foe which shall snuffeth! Go VOLS!

Reactions: 1 person
Look who just strolled into the stadium (via wbir)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    63.8 KB · Views: 1
Reactions: 7 people

VN Store

Back