The Official Tennessee vs. Florida Game Thread, 7:00 PM ET, ESPN

But it’s Florida, these players shouldn’t need a coach to get them ready to play this game, they should’ve been ready last Sunday.

At some point you have to start questioning the heart of each one of these players, if I were the head coach I’d make every damn position open starting the moment the clock strikesall zeroes.

Each one of these players need to take a long hard look in the mirror and ask themselves if this is what they really want to do.

Good post. The open position thing really makes sense since we just barely show up.

TO THE GATORS AT HOME!!!!

I don't think anyone wants to lose but they have very, very low desire to play UT football (or any football) besides a literal handful of players.

'You're only as strong as your weakest link" is a phrase for a reason ya know. And that one player costed us a lot of points and momentum.
The whole team suck, they are an unorganized mess with no direction, no fight they just suck.

Let me put it this way with a question.I think we all agree that the oline is a weakness, identified game one. How many good coaches do you think would continually run it right up the middle over and over and over?

This dumpster fire is Pruitt's fault in one respect. He didn't benched the entire starting lineup after the first quarter and put in men who wanted to be there and play.

Besides a few starters who do play with passion, yes, I agree.

Should of put in kids regardless of skill if they actually wanted to play. (At least mid way through the 3rd quarter).

They couldn't of dine that much worse, after all.

Unfortunately it is, but give a coach like JP who knows what kind of players it takes to win in the sec a few years and it won’t be

You people putting blind faith into another coach are just hysterical. How many times you meed to be fooled before you stop thinking good things will happen just cause this is your team. Im not saying Pruitt wont do good here but there is literally zero evidence to support it.

I literally don't know if coach Pruitt is the real deal. But if he is it is going to take a minimum of three years for him to rebuild, maybe four. He has inherited the sins of the past football athletic "leadership."

You people putting blind faith into another coach are just hysterical. How many times you meed to be fooled before you stop thinking good things will happen just cause this is your team. Im not saying Pruitt wont do good here but there is literally zero evidence to support it.
I think there is plenty of evidence to show what he can do with talent! Look at his FL St and Bama defense. Listen to what former players and coaches say about him!
There are reasons to expect success,, there were NO reasons to expect it with Dooley or Jones based on their past accomplishments!
That was blind faith

Thing is, players not playing hard, bench em and next guy in, prob is next guy is even younger than this one, and
youth=mistakes
Mistakes=ugly football
Ugly football=another loss
with fans looking for someone to blame,
Not 1 player, not 1 fan, not 1 coach is responsible for what happened tonight. Its a culmination of 15+ years. we will find a way to lose. Pruitt is a smart guy, he will make mistakes, but he will figure it out. FBI!!

Thing is, players not playing hard, bench em and next guy in, prob is next guy is even younger than this one, and
youth=mistakes
Mistakes=ugly football
Ugly football=another loss
with fans looking for someone to blame,
Not 1 player, not 1 fan, not 1 coach is responsible for what happened tonight. Its a culmination of 15+ years. we will find a way to lose. Pruitt is a smart guy, he will make mistakes, but he will figure it out. FBI!!
Mistakes while giving an effort at least shows signs of hope for improvement.

Here are my thoughts post game, keep in mind I did not watch the second half. Edit: I am also very inebriated.

1) We are further behind than I thought going in. For reference I was in the camp this was a three or four year rebuild with the right coach and staff

2) This team still has quitters on it. They need to be purged immediately no matter the cost.

3) the defense has shown some spark, the offense is lost.

4) in order to get us back we need a coach who can take sub par players and coach them up, the jury is still out on Pruitt in this respect but to date his players have not looked like they were prepared in any game thus far in the season.

5) the offense is really, really bad. A good coach can make up for some issues but I am beginning to doubt Helton. I realize he is trying to minimize the limitations he is dealing with on the o line but I can assure you there are coordinators out there who do much more with less. I am very alarmed at what he has produced thus far. He must do better.

6) this team is a train wreck. I expect some defections during and after this year, some names will surprise you.

7) we will tank in recruiting, I would consider a top 15 to 20 class a success after a 3 win season.

8) the administration that was in place has done more damage to the football program than is imaginable. We will be lucky to remain relevant in college football. They should count themselves lucky to have this fanbase.

9) as bad as it seems now it will be even worse, we are going to suffer this year. Believe it or not we are worse than we were last year.

Reactions: VolsLady-in-FL
I think there is plenty of evidence to show what he can do with talent! Look at his FL St and Bama defense. Listen to what former players and coaches say about him!
There are reasons to expect success,, there were NO reasons to expect it with Dooley or Jones based on their past accomplishments!
That was blind faith

I don’t think anyone is questioning whether the guy is a decent D coordinator. We’re questioning whether he’s a HFC or not, so far he’s done nothing to prove he is.

VN Store

Back