The quest for 6...

We need 3 more wins to become bowl eligible with South Carolina,Charlotte,Vandy,Kentucky,and Missouri left.

As of right now I like our chances.

I feel good about our chances also. However, I have seen several situations in which we ended with 5 wins and missed bowl eligibility. I thought for sure that we would get 6 wins but we didn't

The guantlet is finally over. Pre-season, everyone figured if we found some way to be 3-4 at this point, then we were headed in the right direction. 3-2 the rest of the way looks doable at this point. Let's get er done next week!

Reactions: VFFL@THE BEACH
We need 3 more wins to become bowl eligible with South Carolina,Charlotte,Vandy,Kentucky,and Missouri left.

But if the stars align and we win them all. All appear winable with the way we played last week and yesterday.

Charlotte we WILL win
Vandy we SHOULD win
We will have to STEAL a win from either SCjr, Mizzu or KY

And if we do that, we will be outperforming what we are expected. Whole point of a good coach is to win the games you are expected to and to win one or two that you are not expected to. One of those was Aubun. I am hoping we have at least one more in us this year.

Reactions: VFFL@THE BEACH

It’s to bad that we have to play South Carolina with them coming off a bye at their place and us coming off playing bama.. to me this is a big swing game and if all things were equal I would have liked our chances... sadly the sec screwed us again

Reactions: Neyland Law Vol
Charlotte is a win. Vandy, I think we've got a slightly better than even chance to beat, any of the rest, make no mistake, we will be stealing. I would say that South Carolina was our best chance but it's on the road. Maybe Kentucky? They've looked less impressive in recent weeks but they still play sound fundamental football. Missouri, well, I fear we are in deep s**t against Missouri. We do not match up well against them, and they could beat Purdue, which it appears even Ohio State couldn't.

The SC game will make or break our confidence going into the final stretch of the schedule. A win is a must if we want to get to a bowl game.

I think our run defense is good enough to pressure KY into having to throw the ball. If we do that, the game is ours.

Of the games in our remaining schedule, Missouri concerns me the most. They have a NFL-caliber QB, and we have not proven we can pressure any QB consistently.

Given it is a road game, our confidence will be the determining factor going into the Vanderbilt. If we go in there already bowl eligible, I believe we come out with a win.

Reactions: GRN1926
It’s to bad that we have to play South Carolina with them coming off a bye at their place and us coming off playing bama.. to me this is a big swing game and if all things were equal I would have liked our chances... sadly the sec screwed us again

Given Bama could probably beat a few, maybe even a majority, of NFL teams right now, if I were the HC this week I would be telling our players we just essentially played a NFL team last Saturday. Let's not let that game determine who we are. The rest of our schedule is a good fit for us, and we can showcase our talent and improvement in these games. So let's practice even harder going forward and show the country we are going to be a team they are going to have to reckon with in the coming years.

I think 3 wins is definitely attainable. We have Charlotte, and Vandy and Kentucky both looked like gutter trash tonight. We have Kentucky in Neyland, so that helps.
South Carolina is a question mark. Muschamp despises us, they had a bye game today, and it is on the road. The series has been close for years. Toss up.
I'm not sure we can keep on pace with Mizzou given our offensive issues.
We have a chance to win each of our remaining games. I don't think we will, but I think we win 3 or 4. It is critical we get to any bowl game, we desperately need the extra practices. I don't care who we beat to get there.
Well, I lied a little. I'd love to curb stomp South Carolina. I can't stand that smug prick Muschamp.
Definitely hate muschump and the chickens.

A bowl game is very important for this team for nothing other than the extra practice. The more time with cjp and staff the better.

I think 3 wins is definitely attainable. We have Charlotte, and Vandy and Kentucky both looked like gutter trash tonight. We have Kentucky in Neyland, so that helps.
South Carolina is a question mark. Muschamp despises us, they had a bye game today, and it is on the road. The series has been close for years. Toss up.
I'm not sure we can keep on pace with Mizzou given our offensive issues.
We have a chance to win each of our remaining games. I don't think we will, but I think we win 3 or 4. It is critical we get to any bowl game, we desperately need the extra practices. I don't care who we beat to get there.
Well, I lied a little. I'd love to curb stomp South Carolina. I can't stand that smug prick Muschamp.

Definitely hate muschump and the chickens.

A bowl game is very important for this team for nothing other than the extra practice. The more time with cjp and staff the better.

Charlotte is a for sure W. SC could be a W depends on how well we play. UK could be a L. They are really decent this year but you never know till we play them. Vandy looks human again and substandard. Barely scored a TD against the Cats...so in reality 4-1 is a really good possibility if not 5-0. I really don’t know bout Mizz this year. Last year they destroyed us 50-17 I think it was. I better hope for better results this year!

Charlotte is a for sure W. SC could be a W depends on how well we play. UK could be a L. They are really decent this year but you never know till we play them. Vandy looks human again and substandard. Barely scored a TD against the Cats...so in reality 4-1 is a really good possibility if not 5-0. I really don’t know bout Mizz this year. Last year they destroyed us 50-17 I think it was. I better hope for better results this year!

I know It, Mizzou scared me, but now with Drools there they are not close to as intimidating on offense.

I think the rest of our games are all winnable. Each of these teams have a flaw that we could potentially use to our advantage.

SC - so long as Muschamp doesn’t wise up and leaves Benntley as the starter I think we can get him rattled and he’ll make enough mistakes to cost them.

UK - has a QB who isn’t all that good, so long as we can contain Snell I think we’ll have just enough offense to beat them.

Charlotte - it’s a win no other way to put it, but this is a team that even if we jump up big early on them we need to keep the pedal down and give the team some confidence.

Mizzou - is the toughest I think of the remaining games. They have a high scoring offense but their defense isn’t as great as it historically is. If we can hold them under 30 I think we can take them but it’ll be rough.

Vandy - it’s a rivalry game so they will play hard but they’ve been looking very Vandyish lately, so if we can rattle Shurmer we’ll beat them.

The guantlet is finally over. Pre-season, everyone figured if we found some way to be 3-4 at this point, then we were headed in the right direction. 3-2 the rest of the way looks doable at this point. Let's get er done next week!
The biggest optimists saw 5-2 but many thought 4-3 was the more realistic ceiling, the worst pessimists saw 2-5. We are right down the middle.

VN Store

Back