The team has given up on Butch Jones

OL continues to suck.. Tackles got whipped all night.. Same old song .. kyberson and Kendrick are the worst tackles in the UT history.. Period... Someone prove me wrong

Yep, and Dobbs kept it on the option twice tonight. TWICE. Yeah, let's keep the guy who ran for 100 yds in a half against Florida from making plays with his feet..... I'm beyond belief at how inept our coaching staff is. Truly.

Reactions: 8 people
Everything was a mess tonight after the first quarter. I don't think the players have quit but they are playing on a very fragile psyche right now and losing that 14-0 lead as fast as we did was disheartening for them and then came the missed field goal and the Williams fumble at the 10 when we had regained the lead and momentum. You could see their a$$es were dragging coming out for the 2nd half... and since Butch doesn't make halftime adjustments the game was pretty much over.

I can't defend Butch anymore but I will defend the players enough to say that I don't think they have quit.

Reactions: 3 people
I'm still gonna bleed orange, support the team, and pull for the coaches to succeed. But, let's be clear. It seems we have hired the best February to August coach out there. But, at some point, the corny slogans, top 5 recruiting classes, black stripes, specialized nutrient shakes, sleep coaches, circle of life drills, farm bureau commercials, and jacked up spring games have to result in wins from September to January. The sign the end is near, my 11 year old didn't cry after the loss tonight. First time in the 3 years since he has been old enough to understand that he didn't. That's a bad sign.

Reactions: 4 people
Realism is not in high supply here. Most people had them winning the east or in contention for it. 8-9 wins was the average it seems. This team has 3 nail biting losses, but stop with the crazy talk. We all knew this team was a year away from being legit, so stop with the fire butch crap.

Please share one thing you've seen that leads you to believe they'll be better next year?

Reactions: 2 people
I saw players give up tonight, both on defense as well as on offense................if the coach can't keep his team interested in playing....................there's deeper problems in Knoxville

Reactions: 12 people
It was another embarrassing loss and some players appeared to not really want to be there on the field?
Coaching?
Players must want to play and compete, I saw a bunch of losers out there tonight

It was another embarrassing loss and some players appeared to not really want to be there on the field?
Coaching?
Players must want to play and compete, I saw a bunch of losers out there tonight

We need most of our OL to turn their I uniforms in...

I was at the game. I didn't walk away upset, hurt or pissed like in the past. Just indifferent. Why? Because I didn't expect to win going in. A once proud school now has developed a tradition of losing and it sucks. I remember in the late 90s-early 2000s we would lose a game and I would be upset for days.

Reactions: 1 person
They could still have a good season, but I have never believed Jones' offense will ever work in the SEC or against any top quality opponent so that will make the next few weeks tough to win. We have talent, but poor game management and in game adjustments. This is not C-USA. This is big boy football and this staff is lost on how to deal with it.

OL continues to suck.. Tackles got whipped all night.. Same old song .. kyberson and Kendrick are the worst tackles in the UT history.. Period... Someone prove me wrong

The video proves you right! Time to put in the freshman. They can't be any worse!

Guys, several things are going on right now. First of all, this team was over hyped and overrated from the start of spring practice. We have come light years since the arrival of Butch Jones, but we are one level of experienced depth from being able to put away top 25 teams. We only had 65 scholarship players when Butch took over, and about half of them belonged in the OVC, not FBS. Also, our offensive line is still shallow on depth, and Dobbs only gets about 2 seconds to throw most of the time. Heck, we are still raw at most positions. Debord is really limited in what he can run because the WRs can't get off man coverage, the line can't block long enough for Dobbs to get past read 2 in the progression, and then teams stack 8 in the box and dare us to run. On the defensive side, we only have 3 guys developed enough yet to play a lot of man coverage. That's limits blitzing, and we cannot generate enough pressure rushing 4 raw D linemen. The past two years, we were getting embarrassed by quality competition. The losses this year have sucked, but the progress is there. Give it till the end of next year before we break out the torches, feathers, and pitch.

Reactions: 17 people
They could still have a good season, but I have never believed Jones' offense will ever work in the SEC or against any top quality opponent so that will make the next few weeks tough to win. We have talent, but poor game management and in game adjustments. This is not C-USA. This is big boy football and this staff is lost on how to deal with it.

I concur...

He (11) did look really bad tonight....may be time to move on...burned two red shirts...something isn't sticking in practice..where was 15 tonight....hardly no reps...wtf

VN Store

Back