The team has given up on Butch Jones

Realism is not in high supply here. Most people had them winning the east or in contention for it. 8-9 wins was the average it seems. This team has 3 nail biting losses, but stop with the crazy talk. We all knew this team was a year away from being legit, so stop with the fire butch crap.

You don't go from 5-7, 6-6, 7-5 to 11-1. He has to show he can win a few of the big games to validate next year's potential and so far he's 0-3.

Reactions: 1 person
Realism is not in high supply here. Most people had them winning the east or in contention for it. 8-9 wins was the average it seems. This team has 3 nail biting losses, but stop with the crazy talk. We all knew this team was a year away from being legit, so stop with the fire butch crap.

Will we still be a year away next season, or will someone have come up with a better excuse?

Hey jackass! Your team won a big game tonight. So what the f*** are you even doing here? Go find a Gator board and post s*** to people that care what you think.

Maybe he has been banned from all the gator boards and his IP address red flagged

Gold brick by gold brick. Fans just need to be patient. Give Dobbs 4 or 5 more years, I think you're going to like what you see.

I have a hard time believing this team could be much better next year with CBJ. Many of the team's issues aren't talent or experience-based, but poor fundamentals and coaching. Even CBJ's questionable gameday decisions aren't the biggest problem. Poor tackling, bad angles, over-pursuing, not filling gaps, failing to recognize/pick-up screens, WRs running too-short option routes on key downs, linemen blocking too far downfield on passing plays - these are all issues that need to be resolved/taught before taking the first snap of the season. That we're still having all of these problems this far into the season shows some pretty deep holes in the coaching staff's ability to teach fundamentals.

OL continues to suck.. Tackles got whipped all night.. Same old song .. kyberson and Kendrick are the worst tackles in the UT history.. Period... Someone prove me wrong

Actually thought the offensive line gave him decent time tonight he just threw the ball into the ground about 20 dumb

it looked to me that the D line got there butts whipped in the 2nd half,due to a lack of the offense being able to sustain some drives and give them a breather,i didn't see anybody quitting

Reactions: 3 people
Will we still be a year away next season, or will someone have come up with a better excuse?

Every team in America thinks they will get better next year. Just remember that the only decent win Dooley had was against Butch Jones. So even if have another top 5 class, if the coaches can't call the right plays or manage the game, the team will still lose.

This one more year crap is covering for an inept coach. Is he all of the sudden going to learn all of the simple nuances of football, how to manage a game, anything? Florida is in rebuilding yr one with their coach, and a fairly depleted roster and they are undefeated. Jones is in yr 3 with 2 b2b top 10 classes and is STILL rebuilding, and is 2-3...with two of those games all but won, but HE lost them single handedly. Hes the Josh Pastner of college football. Great recruiter, terrible x's & o's. Yeah, it's time for him to go.

Reactions: 4 people
Seems the best way to defend Dobbs is to let him throw the ball, 50/50 it works out, make him run, he will make you pay. Losing sucks!

This one more year crap is covering for an inept coach. Is he all of the sudden going to learn all of the simple nuances of football, how to manage a game, anything? Florida is in rebuilding yr one with their coach, and a fairly depleted roster and they are undefeated. Jones is in yr 3 with 2 b2b top 10 classes and is STILL rebuilding, and is 2-3...with two of those games all but won, but HE lost them single handedly. Hes the Josh Pastner of college football. Great recruiter, terrible x's & o's. Yeah, it's time for him to go.

This bears repeating. Mcillwain. First year. Just knocked off the #3 teM in the country. With an absolute bull**** florida roster.

Reactions: 2 people
Watching how the Gators are playing with their first year coach, should pretty much tell us how bad of a coach Butch is. I really believed that this was going to be the year we started turning it around. I bet there's going to be some recruits that decommit this week.

Amazing how many people don't understand this. You can't expect a 1st year coach to all of a sudden start winning championships, but when your 14-16 in the 3rd year, your not "one year away" from competing for championships.

Time to start looking around. The season is over.

I honestly don't think this team has quit on Butch! They play hard! For some reason that just can't execute! Which is on the coaches! We'll know when they play Georgia next week! If they quit it will be a blow out!

I just hope the kids don't quit and they play better and win enough to make a bowl game.

Kids need the 15 extra practices and UT needs the bowl game money badly.

Step 1...Fire the entire administration from AD Hart on up.

Step 2...Hire a completely new administration that does care about making Tennessee sports great again.

Then let the new AD decide what to do about CBJ and staff.

Then we have to hope and pray that our big $$$$ donors will get up off many Millions of $$$$$ to hire really good, experienced, proven, winning coaches that are also great recruiters.

Without really great recruiters in every sport we'll never get back to the top.

I know this is just a dream and will never happen but a old guy like me has to find hope somewhere because I want my Vols back on top before I die.

Our damn Govanor and his rich daddy need to step in and scream to all our administrators that this BS is totally NOT acceptable at Tennessee and never will be.

Fire them all from the AD on up and start over!

VFL...GBO!!!

If Dobbs takes another snap for Tennessee, I'll know they're not serious about winning.

You're an abject moron if you think he is to blame. This staff has yet to implement a game specific scheme, this goes back 3 years. It's a joke. We have the worst staff in the SEC and it shows every single Saturday.

Reactions: 3 people
You're an abject moron if you think he is to blame. This staff has yet to implement a game specific scheme, this goes back 3 years. It's a joke. We have the worst staff in the SEC and it shows every single Saturday.

The only thing I see is Dobbs badly missing receivers. You'll get no argument from me about the staff. I want Butch gone as soon as the sun rises.

Arkansas notably struggles against running qb's, what do we do? Try to turn Dobbs into a pocket passer. Some of these decisions have to be questioned.

The only thing I see is Dobbs badly missing receivers. You'll get no argument from me about the staff. I want Butch gone as soon as the sun rises.

Arkansas notably struggles against running qb's, what do we do? Try to turn Dobbs into a pocket passer. Some of these decisions have to be questioned.

Agreed. Dobbs isn't to blame. Neither are any of the players. This is a coaching issue. The sooner this clown and his band of misfits are gone the better.

This bears repeating. Mcillwain. First year. Just knocked off the #3 teM in the country. With an absolute bull**** florida roster.

I haven't looked at Floridas roster this year and most likely won't either,is it a depleted roster or a depleted roster for the Gators ? there is a big difference

Agreed. Dobbs isn't to blame. Neither are any of the players. This is a coaching issue. The sooner this clown and his band of misfits are gone the better.

BS the players are definately to blame as well as the coaching staff, both should be very ashamed of not competing 100%

VN Store

Back