The Unofficial Tennessee @ South Carolina Game Thread, 7:30pm ET, SEC Network

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tired of hearing this about Dobbs. Everyone, and I mean everyone around the team said Dobbs was solid at No. 3 based on practice. Ainge, swain, media, and obviously the coaches. Some kids are gamers, but don't practice well.

Correct me if I'm wrong here sparky, but neither Ainge, Swain, or the media ACTUALLY saw EVERY practice session the players had....and I NEVER have seen a quote about Dobbs being a WORSE QB than Peterman by ANYONE!!!! ARE you SURE you want to come on here and say that?????

And, Butch Jones said that HE DOESN'T BELIEVE IN GAMERS--haven't you heard? He said that they don't exist....

Do you honestly think that Dobbs just woke up before the Bama game and developed the ability to lead this team to 20 points? and 45 against USCe?

Obviously--Dobbs play on the field just PROVES that the coaches lack the ability to determine who was our BEST QB.......and indeed, proves my point about stupid coaching decisions....

Whatever the "it" factor is in leadership--Dobbs has it! He makes faster and better decisions under pressure than ANY QB we've seen on the field in the last 2 years....He has given new life and and added a new dimension to our offense that we didn't have with Worley...

Face it--CBJ and his offensive staff thought that we could get 6 wins with a Worley--a statue who thinks and reacts slowly to pressure--behind an inexperienced and very young OL....Any way you slice it--it was FAILURE on CBJ's staff--and it did show up in the Fla game....

Furthermore--CBJ was completely outcoached in the Fla game--Muschamp goes with his dual threat QB with the game on the line and gets the W in our house....CBJ and staff KEEP DOBBS on the bench in that game and get a LOSS.....ANYWAY you slice it--that's prideful stupidity....

You can be tired of it ALL YOU WANT--but it doesn't CHANGE the fact that ALL OF THEM WERE WRONG ABOUT DOBBS....

the only question is exactly WHY you are still defending that decision??? That's what I'm tired of--people still justifying BAD coaching decisions to keep our best QB on the bench.....

And he'd still be there, and we'd have 6 losses by now and on our way to notoriety as being the only Vol team in history to finish 4-8...if not worse...if Worley was healthy....

What would you be saying then? Would you still be defending the coaches?

:salute:

I don't mean to be disrespectful but I'm sure you understand that college football usually takes upperclassmen and a strong foundation to become a winning program -based on your credentials you stated above? We were in ruins 2 years ago. It just seems to me that he has us moving forward. Don't you think that giving him time to get a couple recruiting classes under his belt would be fair to the man? Two years ago we were very rarely competitive.

I've REPEATEDLY SAID that CBJ gets 6 years regardless of what he does.....SIX YEARS....that's the ONLY FAIR way to EVALUATE if he has the humility and fortitude to make changes in his staff IF they can't get it done...and yes, we are making some progress.....but these little things that keep appearing in games will NOT GO AWAY when we get better talent....the Xs and Os DO MATTER...

I realize that most won't read what I say---but if you read what I've continually said about this staff--I've only said that the EVIDENCE about CBJ and offensive staff's ability to make good decisions is mounting up on the WRONG side of the ledger UP TO THIS POINT....

Nevertheless--IF you can't see that there were NUMEROUS coaching decisions during the game tonight that completely defy anything remotely SOUND--I've got nothing for ya...

THE PLAYERS CBJ has RIGHT NOW should be playing for finishing this season with an 8-4 record...

The ONLY REASON we're not is because CBJ got outcoached IN KNOXVILLE by the CHUMP at Fla....

just for fun--a LOT OF FOLKS on this board were screaming for us to ditch the zone and play man coverage....Well, we did in some key situations and what happened? 1) We gave up a 79 yd TD to Cooper when Coleman, our nickel DB, had to line up in man over the slot receiver..AND IN PRESS COVERAGE (coleman gave him less than a 5 yd cushion on 3rd and 11) ...THAT, my friend IS STUPID...

2)...late in the game--with 3RD and 19--we go man....Spurrier runs EVERYONE ON GO patterns--running all of our DBs and LBs out of the play...and we allow Thompson to run for 20 yds for a first down....THAT IS STUPID COVERAGE....a BLITZ would have been better....rushing 3 and dropping 8 into coverage would've been better....BUT NO, we get stupid and ran MAN coverage and Spurrier ran us out of the play...and what happened next?

3) Their RB runs a basic running play and 33, McNeal, gets run around like he's standing in cement shoes--as the SC RB goes almost 80 yds for a TD....Why is 33 on the field--and NOT TK Jr? That's a stupid personnel decision by the Defensive staff....

It's really very simple and the small decisions during a game...and CBJ has said as much himself....:salute:

Oh... you didn't "say" it... you just said it... post after post after post after post after post after post......

Well brother, I can't fix stupid....so I won't bother you anymore with facts when you are affirmed in your own delusional opinions....:salute:

It's so funny. I want everyone that is a true Vol fan to go back and look at this thread. It will enlighten you on who is on our side and who is not. I sure hope some of my buddies didn't shiite in their own hat!

Reactions: 1 person
Correct me if I'm wrong here sparky, but neither Ainge, Swain, or the media ACTUALLY saw EVERY practice session the players had....and I NEVER have seen a quote about Dobbs being a WORSE QB than Peterman by ANYONE!!!! ARE you SURE you want to come on here and say that?????

My name is not sparky, but did you see all the practices so as to know it was obvious that Dobbs is a Heisman contender?

i think Ainge and Swain have access anytime they want and I believe they probably know more about it than you could ever hope to know. I never said Dobbs was worse than Peterman, only that he was clearly the No. 3 in practice. That was apparent all thru fall camp and he didn't do anything during scrimmages to prove differently.

Obviously--Dobbs play on the field just PROVES that the coaches lack the ability to determine who was our BEST QB.......and indeed, proves my point about stupid coaching decisions....

see above. If a guy looks bad in practice, would you start him?

Whatever the "it" factor is in leadership--Dobbs has it! He makes faster and better decisions under pressure than ANY QB we've seen on the field in the last 2 years....He has given new life and and added a new dimension to our offense that we didn't have with Worley...

Face it--CBJ and his offensive staff thought that we could get 6 wins with a Worley--a statue who thinks and reacts slowly to pressure--behind an inexperienced and very young OL....Any way you slice it--it was FAILURE on CBJ's staff--and it did show up in the Fla game....

Furthermore--CBJ was completely outcoached in the Fla game--Muschamp goes with his dual threat QB with the game on the line and gets the W in our house....CBJ and staff KEEP DOBBS on the bench in that game and get a LOSS.....ANYWAY you slice it--that's prideful stupidity....

You can be tired of it ALL YOU WANT--but it doesn't CHANGE the fact that ALL OF THEM WERE WRONG ABOUT DOBBS....

the only question is exactly WHY you are still defending that decision??? That's what I'm tired of--people still justifying BAD coaching decisions to keep our best QB on the bench.....

And he'd still be there, and we'd have 6 losses by now and on our way to notoriety as being the only Vol team in history to finish 4-8...if not worse...if Worley was healthy....

What would you be saying then? Would you still be defending the coaches?

So what do you want, other than to ***** and moan about it. Fact is it happens. Always has and always will. Are you old enough to remember Jamal Lewis not playing against Florida when he was a freshman?

Just take a breath man and stop pronouncing our coaching staff as idiots.

Safe to say that our defense SLIGHTLY regressed today?

Well, we didn't regress as much as we didn't ADJUST......

Spurrier did...and almost stole our victory....

We should've stayed in ZONE....We held USCe to 14 points in the first half--played some man in critical situations instead of sticking with zone....and gave up some big plays and 28 second half points....

Spurrier went to the option to take get the ball outside...and had some success, and that opened up some passing for him....and it almost worked...still can't understand our reasons for going man....it cost us 14 points....

2 HUGE INDIVIDUAL EFFORTS by DL to get sacks in OT.....great individual desire and effort to get the W there when it counted most.......:salute:

I've REPEATEDLY SAID that CBJ gets 6 years regardless of what he does.....SIX YEARS....that's the ONLY FAIR way to EVALUATE if he has the humility and fortitude to make changes in his staff IF they can't get it done...and yes, we are making some progress.....but these little things that keep appearing in games will NOT GO AWAY when we get better talent....the Xs and Os DO MATTER...

I realize that most won't read what I say---but if you read what I've continually said about this staff--I've only said that the EVIDENCE about CBJ and offensive staff's ability to make good decisions is mounting up on the WRONG side of the ledger UP TO THIS POINT....

Nevertheless--IF you can't see that there were NUMEROUS coaching decisions during the game tonight that completely defy anything remotely SOUND--I've got nothing for ya...

THE PLAYERS CBJ has RIGHT NOW should be playing for finishing this season with an 8-4 record...

The ONLY REASON we're not is because CBJ got outcoached IN KNOXVILLE by the CHUMP at Fla....

just for fun--a LOT OF FOLKS on this board were screaming for us to ditch the zone and play man coverage....Well, we did in some key situations and what happened? 1) We gave up a 79 yd TD to Cooper when Coleman, our nickel DB, had to line up in man over the slot receiver..AND IN PRESS COVERAGE (coleman gave him less than a 5 yd cushion on 3rd and 11) ...THAT, my friend IS STUPID...

2)...late in the game--with 3RD and 19--we go man....Spurrier runs EVERYONE ON GO patterns--running all of our DBs and LBs out of the play...and we allow Thompson to run for 20 yds for a first down....THAT IS STUPID COVERAGE....a BLITZ would have been better....rushing 3 and dropping 8 into coverage would've been better....BUT NO, we get stupid and ran MAN coverage and Spurrier ran us out of the play...and what happened next?

3) Their RB runs a basic running play and 33, McNeal, gets run around like he's standing in cement shoes--as the SC RB goes almost 80 yds for a TD....Why is 33 on the field--and NOT TK Jr? That's a stupid personnel decision by the Defensive staff....

It's really very simple and the small decisions during a game...and CBJ has said as much himself....:salute:

Lol that shift key is getting a workout tonight chief.

Most of your observations are flawed. Please read this. You are obviously questioning our man coverage. What about our critical sacks that were coverage sacks due to our well executed man coverage. That seemed to be pretty crucial. Do they get credit for that or would you have rather seen zone there too so we could get picked apart? You do realize that our zone has given up big plays as well, right? Numerous slants, curls square ins, etc....burned us throughout the game. S.Carolina has torched defenses better than ours. This will probably burn your a$$ to read but as far as personnel - "we are who we are". You just give off the impression that you truly believe you could do a better job coaching. It's annoying (with all due respect).

Reactions: 3 people
Well, we didn't regress as much as we didn't ADJUST......

Spurrier did...and almost stole our victory....

We should've stayed in ZONE....We held USCe to 14 points in the first half--played some man in critical situations instead of sticking with zone....and gave up some big plays and 28 second half points....

Spurrier went to the option to take get the ball outside...and had some success, and that opened up some passing for him....and it almost worked...still can't understand our reasons for going man....it cost us 14 points....

2 HUGE INDIVIDUAL EFFORTS by DL to get sacks in OT.....great individual desire and effort to get the W there when it counted most.......:salute:

Lay off the cocain man. Ain't nobody got time to read your last 3 posts in this thread.

So what do you want, other than to ***** and moan about it. Fact is it happens. Always has and always will. Are you old enough to remember Jamal Lewis not playing against Florida when he was a freshman?

Just take a breath man and stop pronouncing our coaching staff as idiots.

Take your own breaths, there sparky....

Who ANOINTED Ainge and Swain experts on anything with special access and knowledge? Dobbs has the "it" factor, it's plain to see--and it was even there last year......just based on LAST YEAR'S performances....Dobbs' UPSIDE in this offense was WAY BETTER than Worley's....Even Jones said after the Bama game that Dobbs gives us an added dimension on offense that Justin doesn't....

And excuse me--but when you say that Dobbs is justified as being #3 on the depth chart BEHIND PETERMAN--you ARE SAYING that Peterman is better than Dobbs...

I don't have to watch PRACTICE to know that Dobbs is and has ALWAYS BEEN better than Peterman....

And I realize that stupid is a strong word, but it does express the intensity of my feelings about their decision to BURY OUR BEST ATHLETE AT QB on the depth chart at #3 and hold him back for RS...

It COST US THE FLA game...and yes, some of THEIR STUPID COACHING DECISIONS ALMOST COST US this game tonight....especially with 3rd and short situations on offense and 3rd and long on defense....

Oh....by the way---YES....I remember FULMER'S STUPID DECISION NOT TO PLAY Jamaal in the FLA GAME because he couldn't pick up his pass-blocking assignments quick enough...and I was there when Jamaal ran for 237 yds against UGA....

I go all the way back to my first game in '79.....and have seen my SHARE OF STUPID COACHING decisions inside Neyland....1990 Bama game comes to mind as the nadir for me....even worse than CDD against Mizzou in 2010...

However, I've ALSO SEEN the ability of a coaching staff who makes GOOD decisions during games to WIN GAMES when they faced better teams and coaches....But I HAVEN'T SEEN THAT YET from CBJ and company....

And if James Franklin was still at Vandy--we wouldn't have Barnett or Robertson on our team.....

It would only be a double standard if negativity was the arguement I was hanging my hat on. I'm not the poster questioning everyone's fan status. I'm the poster arguing it's okay for people to have their own opinions, negative or otherwise.

It's not ok for people to be overly negative. that's like saying it's ok for people to be @$$holes. They can, but don't be surprised if no one wants them around.

Most of your observations are flawed. Please read this. You are obviously questioning our man coverage. What about our critical sacks that were coverage sacks due to our well executed man coverage. That seemed to be pretty crucial. Do they get credit for that or would you have rather seen zone there too so we could get picked apart? You do realize that our zone has given up big plays as well, right? Numerous slants, curls square ins, etc....burned us throughout the game. S.Carolina has torched defenses better than ours. This will probably burn your a$$ to read but as far as personnel - "we are who we are". You just give off the impression that you truly believe you could do a better job coaching. It's annoying (with all due respect).

We weren't in man when those sacks happened!!! Zone coverage DOESN'T mean that you stand around and allow the guy in your zone to catch the ball and then tackle him....you COVER him when he enters your zone and stay with him as long as he is in your zone....

And we wouldn't have needed those big plays in OT if we would have STAYED IN ZONE in critical situations....

You are giving off the impression that you ACTUALLY KNOW what you're talking about when you don't.. and it's EXTREMELY ANNOYING--with all due respect....

Burned for 14 points playing zone should have been enough for you to keep your mouth shut, but it wasn't....and MOST OF MY CONCLUSIONS ARE FLAWED?

We were in zone for MOST OF THE FIRST HALF....and it payed off by holding them to 14 points...

going man means you have the talent to cover or pass rush to sack...except for Sutton--we don't have a starting DB who can really cover anyone in man....

And even Sutton was burned badly early in the game when #1 Byrd flew by him down the middle of the field when we were in man--Thompson just didn't make the throw to get him the ball....

OUR MAN COVERAGE almost lost us the game...

We weren't in man when those sacks happened!!! Zone coverage DOESN'T mean that you stand around and allow the guy in your zone to catch the ball and then tackle him....you COVER him when he enters your zone and stay with him as long as he is in your zone....

And we wouldn't have needed those big plays in OT if we would have STAYED IN ZONE in critical situations....

You are giving off the impression that you ACTUALLY KNOW what you're talking about when you don't.. and it's EXTREMELY ANNOYING--with all due respect....

Burned for 14 points playing zone should have been enough for you to keep your mouth shut, but it wasn't....and MOST OF MY CONCLUSIONS ARE FLAWED?

We were in zone for MOST OF THE FIRST HALF....and it payed off by holding them to 14 points...

going man means you have the talent to cover or pass rush to sack...except for Sutton--we don't have a starting DB who can really cover anyone in man....

And even Sutton was burned badly early in the game when #1 Byrd flew by him down the middle of the field when we were in man--Thompson just didn't make the throw to get him the ball....

Dude, kindly STFU.

I have questioned this staff before, but I love how all of your
expert critiques come after the game. If you knew half as much as you think you do, you would be coaching at a D1 school.

How about enjoying the improbable win? SMDH.

You do understand that by playing zone the entire game would have resulted in getting beat down by opposing coaches in this league who are smart enough to call plays designed to best it. You have to mix it up and, against your wishes, man coverage is necessary.

Oh yeah, our int came off man coverage too.

Obviously we got beat bad - in man and ZONE. Why do you not recognize that?

So when we got beat in man, do you call yourself stupid?

Reactions: 2 people

BTW...just went back to DVR and watched the two overtime sacks. The first occurred while we were in man...no doubt about it! We rushed 6, pressed their 4 WR, and had 1 deep safety.

You should be ashamed at either your inability to know a defensive set or the fact you think you can just spit out lies in an attempt to make your posts seem credible.

So now I've pointed to an INT and a huge game saving sack .... Both while in man coverage.

Seems like one of us is actually giving facts.

Have a nice night. I tried to have respectful dialogue but your insistence on rude rhetoric and name calling combined with your arrogance has proven that this conversation was a waste of my time. Good Luck with the whole "sky is falling" approach to life.

Zone coverage sucks. The coaches wanted to redshirt Dobbs, so we can have him in 2017.

Can someone please take this man's Caps Lock key away from him?

Reactions: 2 people
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back