The Unofficial Tennessee @ South Carolina Game Thread, 7:30pm ET, SEC Network

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just came in here to see if there were any of those fake fans bashing the team and coaches came back to eat crow...looks like they didnt. Typical.

Didn't see a whole lot of people bashing the players. Mostly the poor coaching decisions that were allowing SC to take the momentum. Hell, you even had a coach who didn't know he only had 10 on the field. But, the players decided to take the momentum back. Kudos to them.

I just came in here to see if there were any of those fake fans bashing the team and coaches came back to eat crow...looks like they didnt. Typical.

There are a whole bunch of crow eating threads. Probably on page 2 by now.

We're all Vol fans and since 2007 it's been very frustrating to say the least. Let's hope this win spring boards us out of the doldrums and into relevance.

14 points given up to SC from being in man in 3rd and > 10 yds.....incomprehensible....Coleman's INT in man coverage??? Coleman was beaten so bad to the POST on that play it took one of the worst throws of all time by Thompson to give us the INT....if he throws to the middle of the field it's a 99 yd TD.....and that play proves me to be a liar...

--2nd sack in OT we are in Zone...facts....oops...there went most of your credibility...

You truly are scraping the bottom of the barrel to come up with those 2 plays from an entire game to make me a liar and prove my inability to read defenses....

And, to be sure, I was wrong about the 1st sack in OT while we were in man....sorry about that...assumed it was zone as I didn't remember seeing the replay showing the secondary alignment...

Lies? ashamed? No, not in the least....

just goes to show your own desperation in an attempt to cover up your own incompetence....with all due respect.....

arrogance on my part? No...I just know and love the game and love good, sound fundamental football...

And I also know when I'm not seeing it....

For the record, I do love CBJ and believe that he's the guy to bring us back--I've said so repeatedly on this message board.....but I'm not sold on Bajakian and some of CBJ's ingame decisions...

and I still stand by my conclusions that are based on the evidence observed from watching almost 2 seasons and only 3 SEC wins so far...

I've said this too--so far the only thing this staff has truly demonstrated excellence in is recruiting---and I'm truly glad Franklin left for Penn State in that department!

You aren't arrogant, just ignorant. The Defensive stand in OT was the product of a coach getting a team to believe in themselves. THAT is a direct product of coaching.

What's this? It couldn't be criticism, could it?

What's this? It couldn't be desperation, could it? It was an honest question. I wasn't slamming anyone. I can't figure out why you are so defensive of folks that week in and week out slam each and every piece of the program.

Didn't see a whole lot of people bashing the players. Mostly the poor coaching decisions that were allowing SC to take the momentum. Hell, you even had a coach who didn't know he only had 10 on the field. But, the players decided to take the momentum back. Kudos to them.

Well, I have to say that I saw a whole lot of boiling oil poured on Coleman, and after Lane was down for a long, long time, all I read were posts about how stupid his play was and that he lost us a touchdown; nothing hoping he was OK.

Let's don't sanitize what was going on in this thread last night. It got pretty bad there, with people so busy b!+ching that they barely noticed at first when the offense was starting to make a move. :hi:

Reactions: 1 person
I admit that I was crucifying the defense last night. I hate seeing us sit back in zone and get picked apart when the D has looked great all year being aggressive. The offense overcame it and the D came up huge in OT. I never once stopped watching though and never do. Criticizing doesn't mean you're not a fan. In fact, I am way too much of a fan and care way too much. That's why I rant about all these things. Getting the win doesn't make a lot of the things people said last night less true. Having said that I am a huge fan of Butch and his team doesn't quit ever.

It's so funny. I want everyone that is a true Vol fan to go back and look at this thread. It will enlighten you on who is on our side and who is not. I sure hope some of my buddies didn't shiite in their own hat!

Lies. I don't believe you have buddies....

unless we're talking about imaginary friends.

What's this? It couldn't be desperation, could it? It was an honest question. I wasn't slamming anyone. I can't figure out why you are so defensive of folks that week in and week out slam each and every piece of the program.

Was that taste of your own medicine bitter? And please, don't give me that "honest question" bs. It was criticism, plain and simple, but for you to admit it would go against your agenda.

I'm not defending people, I'm defending their right to say what they want without being censored by people like you. I don't agree with many comments on this board. Normally, I just ignore and move on. When I don't, when I choose to enter into debate, I bring a stronger arguement than "you're not a true fan." That's just bs. You are not the all-knowing, all-seeing judge of who is or is not a fan. To assert that you are shows your ego is extremely inflated.

Honestly, given some of the performances this year, it would be quite simple to turn the arguement on you, and others, and say you are "not true Vol fans", you're "Butch fans." You don't want what's best for the team, you only support Butch and are unable to see his shortcomings and the shortcomings of his staff.

Look, I think you're a frustrated Vol fan just like the rest of us. Last night was great, but it's not what we've seen from this team on a consistent basis. Coming back from a two TD deficit with the fourth quarter dwindling down happens, but let's not pretend it's the norm. Odds are against it happening. What you see on VolNation is typical of a fan messageboard. It's frustrated fans venting their frustrations. All any of us wants to do is win and return to our rightful place as a football powerhouse.

Sure, some stupid things get said, but stupid people are just as entitled to having opinions as anyone else. How would you enjoy having your "fanhood" questioned after years of following this program through highs and lows? And that's the thing, many of the posters you say aren't "true fans" have stuck through this program through some very lean times. Anyone still following UT is a true fan because despite what they may sometimes post, they haven't given up.

Was that taste of your own medicine bitter? And please, don't give me that "honest question" bs. It was criticism, plain and simple, but for you to admit it would go against your agenda.

I'm not defending people, I'm defending their right to say what they want without being censored by people like you. I don't agree with many comments on this board. Normally, I just ignore and move on. When I don't, when I choose to enter into debate, I bring a stronger arguement than "you're not a true fan." That's just bs. You are not the all-knowing, all-seeing judge of who is or is not a fan. To assert that you are shows your ego is extremely inflated.

Honestly, given some of the performances this year, it would be quite simple to turn the arguement on you, and others, and say you are "not true Vol fans", you're "Butch fans." You don't want what's best for the team, you only support Butch and are unable to see his shortcomings and the shortcomings of his staff.

Look, I think you're a frustrated Vol fan just like the rest of us. Last night was great, but it's not what we've seen from this team on a consistent basis. Coming back from a two TD deficit with the fourth quarter dwindling down happens, but let's not pretend it's the norm. Odds are against it happening. What you see on VolNation is typical of a fan messageboard. It's frustrated fans venting their frustrations. All any of us wants to do is win and return to our rightful place as a football powerhouse.

Sure, some stupid things get said, but stupid people are just as entitled to having opinions as anyone else. How would you enjoy having your "fanhood" questioned after years of following this program through highs and lows? And that's the thing, many of the posters you say aren't "true fans" have stuck through this program through some very lean times. Anyone still following UT is a true fan because despite what they may sometimes post, they haven't given up.

As I said early on, we all make comments here and there. If you can't accept that some of these folks are over the top, you must be blind! While these comments were being made, I was urging folks to "don't you give up, don't ever give up!" As far as I'm concerned, I couldn't care less if you call me a Butch supporter or whatever else you choose. I supported this team through the absolute worst years on record without bashing the coaches at the time or the players. If you have no problem with anything someone says, that's your prerogative. I choose to call a spade a spade. Think what you want about my question; I had no idea that Coleman was the one in pursuit as I have never seen him attempting to run someone down like he did on that play. The receiver made him look slow. That is a fact not an unfounded emotional blast. I'm done with this topic; good night.

I love reading back through these threads. Gives a lot of insight into which posters to pay attention to throughout the week.

Let's see if I understand. Butch gets slammed by some for not playing Dobbs earlier, and no kudos for burning his redshirt and playing him now. Got it.

Let's see if I understand. Butch gets slammed by some for not playing Dobbs earlier, and no kudos for burning his redshirt and playing him now. Got it.

Some research would be funny, actually... How many of the "Butch is an idiot for not playing Dobbs sooner" crowd were also the "Dobbs sucks and I wish Worley hadn't gotten hurt" crowd last year?

Reactions: 1 person
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back