Tight end Kyle Oliver leaving the program

Impossible. they don't test that frequently

Seriously. If they tested that frequently, everyone who failed the first drug test would fail the second and third because it wouldn't have time to leave their system.

Rumors (and that's all this is) sometimes go astray in wording. One would not have to perform 3 tests to have 3 related offenses. There are several ways to be linked to an infraction.

Rumors (and that's all this is) sometimes go astray in wording. One would not have to perform 3 tests to have 3 related offenses. There are several ways to be linked to an infraction.

I agree with that. The poster Larry replied to had said he failed 3 drug tests. There is more to the story than the one incident, and I'm sure he had multiple offenses to be cut so soon. But I seriously doubt it was 3 drug tests.

Seriously. If they tested that frequently, everyone who failed the first drug test would fail the second and third because it wouldn't have time to leave their system.

and we would likely be having dismissals every week

That would make absolutely no sense. What's the point of bringing in kids simply to let them go before they have their first practice if that's the reason? Butch would've simply told them we didn't have the room before signing day.

that is part of the equation. there is not much doubt of it. the reason you bring them in is that you have no guarantee of getting those you want in the next class. at this point they can see that there are a lot of prospects wanting in so if you kids not living by your rules and marginal players time to move them on.

Hmm.....I could see the kid having one failed drug screen and being told that he better get his crap together since he isn't on scholarship then if caught again him being gone. Blue shirts are going to have a shorter leash than someone already in the program.

There are positions where you can afford some attrition and others where you can't. IMHO, UT can afford to lose this kid this year. The loss will hurt more next year and the next than this year but a Fr can provide depth at the position as well. Ellis is a Sr but Wolf, Branisel, and Creamer return to for a good looking core.

Hendrix and Scott were bigger losses IMO due to depth at those positions and because they had a year of experience and development.

Looks like he may transfer to way lesser competition level. These guys just get weeded out sometimes.

I played ball in school. I remember August practice starting and within a day, days or first few weeks they would drop like flies. It was hard then.

I couldn't imagine SEC caliber competition and atheletes and the camps and practices.

Obviously there is no way I could have done it.

Looks like he may transfer to way lesser competition level.These guys just get weeded out sometimes.

I played ball in school. I remember August practice starting and within a day, days or first few weeks they would drop like flies. It was hard then.

I couldn't imagine SEC caliber competition and atheletes and the camps and practices.

Obviously there is no way I could have done it.

I see what you did there :)

Reactions: 2 people
Wow, we were shocked when we had so many freshman wash out their first year. Now they're washing out before they even start the season. I guess the next step is to hear about a high school junior leaving the program.

Signing a smaller class in 16, CBJ better do his freakin homework on these prospects.

Wow, we were shocked when we had so many freshman wash out their first year. Now they're washing out before they even start the season. I guess the next step is to hear about a high school junior leaving the program.

Signing a smaller class in 16, CBJ better do his freakin homework on these prospects.

Agreed, CBJ sucks!

Reactions: 1 person

Yeah cause im sure butch didnt do his homework.. Good grief dude.

Reactions: 1 person
I didn't say he sucked. I stated a fact. When you sign 28 or 31 players you're gonna miss some things. Signing 18, leaves you little margin for error goes

We aren't going to sign 16-18 players. We will sign 21, possibly more.

No matter how many you sign, there will always be issues that arise. Very few of these have been major (AJ, Mosley, and Pearson). You simply can't predict with 100% accuracy how a kid will do when you in the drastically different environment that is college.

VN Store

Back