Tight end Kyle Oliver leaving the program

Other sources state that he was in the car. My assumption is that they were both test and positive. Since he was dismissed for violation for unspecified team rules, it sounds like this was his 3rd failed test.

Mosley stated he was not smoking. Maybe he was telling the truth.

I would hate to find out that team rules have a double standard. Realistically, Butch is getting paid to make these decisions. I just wish they could screen these commits better to put a dent in this revolving door. I know it happens every year to every team, but this is getting ridiculous.

Reactions: 1 person

I would hate to find out that team rules have a double standard. Realistically, Butch is getting paid to make these decisions. I just wish they could screen these commits better to put a dent in this revolving door. I know it happens every year to every team, but this is getting ridiculous.

Mosley also submitted to a blood test. So CBJ is waiting for those results I'm sure. If negative, he'll be back.

Maybe it's the 3rd time for one and not the other.

Mosley did offer to do a blood screening, which isn't mandatory.

Doesn't mean he was telling the truth necessarily, but you'd assume a kid who'd been smoking would know better than to offer evidence of wrongdoing voluntarily when it's not mandatory.

Mosley also submitted to a blood test. So CBJ is waiting for those results I'm sure. If negative, he'll be back.

I would think that both were sent to the lab at the same time, and the results for both would be in by now. Also, I read somewhere that Mosley's situation would be handled "internally", which means he will be re-instated once the terms Butch lays out is completed.

And I am still tired of bricks falling outta the wall. Butch need better cement.

I would think that both were sent to the lab at the same time, and the results for both would be in by now. Also, I read somewhere that Mosley's situation would be handled "internally", which means he will be re-instated once the terms Butch lays out is completed.

And I am still tired of bricks falling outta the wall. Butch need better cement.

25x4=100

And why would Oliver submit to a drug test? He wasn't driving.

When a player commits, or attends here, they are the greatest on earth. Until, they leave for whatever reason :)

Wrong. Always thought Oliver was a reach at best. My comment was responding to another poster but at the same if a player can't respect his coaches and team for more than a couple of months then why continue to blow smoke up their ass and tell them how great they are?

Last edited:
How many vols have been kicked off the program for violations
How many vols have left the team because of their own accord

I have lost count did we have this Manu under fulmer, Dooley, Kiffen

How many vols have been kicked off the program for violations
How many vols have left the team because of their own accord

I have lost count did we have this Manu under fulmer, Dooley, Kiffen

Kiffin had unbelievable attrition in 1 yr.

Close to 20 players left / excused

AJ Branisel. Everyone forgets about him. He has bulked up and ready to roll. We have Brooks and Pope coming in next year. Sucks for Oliver but when you are a marginal prospect to begin with you better take care if business.

For you worry warts Joe Stocstill offers more at the TE position than Oliver would.
You betcha GLD!:salute:The depth at TE is just fine and now we'll have two extra Schollys available with Roc and Oliver leaving openings. Or, at least a couple of those deserving schollys will get one offered to them (ala the Alex Ellis'). No problems caused by this loss. Best wishes for Kyle Oliver. Can't wait for football time in Tennessee. This will be an unforgettable year.

Reactions: 2 people
I don't think losing a couple players is a big deal, this isn't a Dooley team. Tennessee now has enough talent ready to step in.

Butch is trying to make more room for 2016. That's what this ultimately boils down to. Wouldn't be surprised to see a couple more departures.

Not knocking on Butch but can you not see these kids aren't competitive when he recruits them? We have never had so many transfers in the history of Tn football. These kids don't want to compete for playing time.

Yes you are. This happens at every level and more often than you think. A lot of these busts are TN kids that frankly should not even have been given a sniff, much less a scholly.

Butch is trying to make more room for 2016. That's what this ultimately boils down to. Wouldn't be surprised to see a couple more departures.

That would make absolutely no sense. What's the point of bringing in kids simply to let them go before they have their first practice if that's the reason? Butch would've simply told them we didn't have the room before signing day.

The truth may take some time to be sorted out, but Oliver may have been a repete offender, you think?

That would make absolutely no sense. What's the point of bringing in kids simply to let them go before they have their first practice if that's the reason? Butch would've simply told them we didn't have the room before signing day.
Coaches and the team have seen their character and work ethic over the summer. Cut them out before a problem. Blueshirts should toe the line because if coaches see it isn't going to work out why give them a scholarship when you can bring in someone willing to play and not smoke dope.

VN Store

Back