'19 TN DT Elijah Simmons (Tennessee signee)

Visiting for the bbq

Quietly, Simmons is a guy Tennessee has begun to lean on. He doesn’t have many offers or prototypical size (6-1, 350), but the Vols really like his motor and skill-set as a nose guard.

VQ

Last edited:
Reactions: 9 people
Definitely not an every down type..

But he will have to be ready to play 11+ strait plays with the offense trying to keep him on the field. Modern subbing is good at that, but still. Gotta be ready to play a lot of downs, in a row.

Just soon? I don't do well with vagueness. Almost makes it non-news if it's just "soon". Sorry, you got me triggered.

Jesus is coming soon and it's been over 2000 years. Let's hope Simmons doesn't wait 2000 years.

Reactions: 4 people
Can’t teach Vince Wilfork-like size. Conditioning is gonna be his biggest weakness, I think.

If you comes here, he'll surprise many with how athletic he is. Saw the kid run anchor leg on the 4x1 this past track season. Had a very nice stride for a big man. I'm glad that staff has recognized his talent, hopes he is a VOL. GBO

Reactions: 8 people
If you comes here, he'll surprise many with how athletic he is. Saw the kid run anchor leg on the 4x1 this past track season. Had a very nice stride for a big man. I'm glad that staff has recognized his talent, hopes he is a VOL. GBO

Wait, this kid runs track at 350lbs?

wow-gif-3.gif

Reactions: 11 people
Some track and field numbers I found:

Shot Put- 12lb: 54’4 (appears to be school record by 9 feet)

Discus- 1.6kg: 156’10 (appears to be school record by 22 feet)

And he apparently did run a leg in a 4x100 relay this year.

Reactions: 2 people

VN Store

Back