'19 TN DT Elijah Simmons (Tennessee signee)

I really like Elijah. He has a great motor and is super competitive. Carrying a little bad weight right now and hasn't grown like some thought he might when he was younger (I was first introduced to him as a freshman) but he's an ideal zero-technique player and with that motor and strength can eat up a couple of offensive linemen.

I took some flack for having him ranked as a 5.7 (borderline four-star) when he had no Power Five offers but now looks like he will be playing in the SEC.

Woody

Reactions: 11 people
Some track and field numbers I found:

Shot Put- 12lb: 54’4 (appears to be school record by 9 feet)

Discus- 1.6kg: 156’10 (appears to be school record by 22 feet)

And he apparently did run a leg in a 4x100 relay this year.

Interesting. I thought the post above was a joke!

“Elijah is someone that TN really took a liking too after camp. Explosive and loves to compete. JP loves those attributes.”

Price

Reactions: 5 people
Following a strong camp performance, Elijah Simmons picked up a Tennessee offer last month, and the 3-star defensive tackle from Pearl Cohn (Tenn.) will make his way back to Rocky Top for the invite cookout at the end of the month. Simmons holds just three big offers — UT, Memphis and Missouri — but the Vols really like his potential as a space-eating nose guard. The 6-foot-2, 343-pound Nashville native has begun developing a relationship with Tennessee’s defensive line coach Tracy Rocker.

“They’re showing me a lot of love. They’re keeping in steady contact with me. I’m going to their cookout on the 28th,” Simmons said. “Coach Rocker is making sure I’m staying on my Ps and Qs and stuff. Making sure I’m still working out and having a good summer. The communication started right after the camp and he’s been texting and calling me since then.”

He talks with both Rocker and area recruiter Terry Fair, with Tennessee’s staff telling “you would be a good addition to the DL as a big nose guard.” “It’s really huge to get that invite. They have a lot of players that they’re recruiting and they decided to pick me, so that’s huge,” Simmons said. “I want to go somewhere that’s going to take me to the next level. I want to go somewhere that I love and that they love me.”

“We’re going to Tennessee for the cookout and then more than likely I’m going to go back to Memphis. Then we just have to plan another time to go to Missouri,” he said. “memphis and UT are all about communication. I like how they’re keeping in touch with me. That’s pretty huge, so it just depends on who is loyal.”

-VQ

Reactions: 8 people

Athlete!!

Is he really only a mid three star because of his bad weight? Or has he just started coming on this summer? Either way, I expect a jump in his ranking and for more schools to offer. Hope the Vols land him.

The kid destroys everybody in his highlights, I realize its only suppose to show the good stuff but its impressive watching him throw everybody around and he just looks angry doing it. Bring him in, have him lose 20-25 pounds and turn him loose.

Reactions: 1 person
The last rep in the video is what makes this kid good. He doesnt need swim moves he needs to just use his leverage and speed off the ball and at nt he’s a stud

His first rep in the video is what makes this kid amazing - no one that size should be able to run hurdles/cones etc. that fast. Shockingly quick legs and feet for someone that size. I shudder to think what he could do if you hand him the football on the goal line. Wow -- want this guy badly.

Really badly --

Reactions: 2 people

Shot put numbers are all I need to see.... kid can be something. That’s impressive

His first rep in the video is what makes this kid amazing - no one that size should be able to run hurdles/cones etc. that fast. Shockingly quick legs and feet for someone that size. I shudder to think what he could do if you hand him the football on the goal line. Wow -- want this guy badly.

Really badly --

Hahaha yessssss! Fullback even with explosion like that. Love the name btw

The kid destroys everybody in his highlights, I realize its only suppose to show the good stuff but its impressive watching him throw everybody around and he just looks angry doing it. Bring him in, have him lose 20-25 pounds and turn him loose.

Looks good on both sides of the ball. typical Pruitt guy that plays both sides of the ball and competes like heck

VN Store

Back