Todd Kelly: 'We just took their soul, really."

I don't really understand what happened. First half we overpowered your oline. Your receivers couldn't breathe. Dobbs looked weak and indecisive.

Second half everything turned. Weird

It's like yalls O went from being aggressive (and gashing us) to going conservative. Heard CJM say it was cause y'all were playing backed up and he didn't want a bad mistake to happen but I think that was the mistake.

At the same time the Vols kinda sacked up and went to work.

Odd 2nd half play calling but glad to be on the winning side. Didn't look like it was gonna go that way at 1st.

Reactions: 1 person
It's like yalls O went from being aggressive (and gashing us) to going conservative. Heard CJM say it was cause y'all were playing backed up and he didn't want a bad mistake to happen but I think that was the mistake.

At the same time the Vols kinda sacked up and went to work.

Odd 2nd half play calling but glad to be on the winning side. Didn't look like it was gonna go that way at 1st.

Big picture that's accurate. But in the trenches ? Just a 180. For no explicable reason. It's like it was fated.

Sadly, I have to agree. Just out of nowhere we were slow, out of position, beat everywhere.

Florida still doesn't have a QB.

Appleby or Del Rio are not winners. Yall had something with Grier.

Callaway, Swain, Goolsby are really good. Especially Callaway. Rbs are very good.

Defense got shell shocked, but to Tennessees credit, they finally woke up.

Tn played bad 1st half, but Florida had something to do with that.

MclWien is still building. That offense is explosive at full strength. Need a QB though.

Reactions: 3 people
Big picture that's accurate. But in the trenches ? Just a 180. For no explicable reason. It's like it was fated.

Momentum caught them. They looked like so many of our recent talented but young teams. We also had some explosive plays that had your staff second guessing. You guys bit hard on two of Dobbs runs for example.

Last edited:
Florida still doesn't have a QB.

Appleby or Del Rio are not winners. Yall had something with Grier.

Callaway, Swain, Goolsby are really good. Especially Callaway. Rbs are very good.

Defense got shell shocked, but to Tennessees credit, they finally woke up.

Tn played bad 1st half, but Florida had something to do with that.

MclWien is still building. That offense is explosive at full strength. Need a QB though.

I hope you are right. That's fixable.

You have to remember that we haven't had a consistent signal caller for several years. It makes us erratic, to say the least.

Reactions: 2 people
That was a crazy turn around. It was almost liken FL decided everything they were doing in the first half needed to be changed.

Gosh. They were caving the edge of our defense like crazy the first 1/2. 3 yards before any defensive contact. Reminded me of those Dooley defenses that could not contain the edge at all. 2nd half looked like the Patriots suited up! Locked down!

Strange how they abandoned that and anything downfield.

You have to remember that we haven't had a consistent signal caller for several years. It makes us erratic, to say the least.
You guys are a QB away from being contenders. Your D was a good as advertised and outside of Bama may be the best D in CFB

You guys are a QB away from being contenders. Your D was a good as advertised and outside of Bama may be the best D in CFB

I have to disagree with you on this one. Tennessee moved the ball on the Gators but shot themselves in the foot in the red zone. Also, our receivers dropped several passes in the first half. Outside of the goal line stand, the Gator defense was not as advertised.

As my name says, as well as a previous gentleman mentioned that Corn Don't Grow at all on Rocky Top.

And neither do gator souls, the Vol Dementors have been feasting!

Major props to Todd Kelly. He was all over the field during our second half run, lighting up receivers, recovering an onside kick, intercepting a pass... He was a major reason for our success this game.

Reactions: 5 people

Since Tebow. Had Jacoby Brisset stayed...

But Appleby and Del Rio have been coached up considerably since they have been there imo. Much better than what they were at previous stops.
They are effective if that line blocks. But they can't create yards and conversions on their own when it breaks down.

TNs depth at DL showed up today. That's what caused the turnaround. 4 straight drives of 3 and out 2nd half.

We also have a DC that can make adjustments. We took away your deep ball and screen game.
Offensively Dobbs is tough to stop period. When hes passing like that, plus yall were blitzing...

Florida is good.

Just a little something I tossed on IG & Twitter @ridiculoushavoc

Attachments

• IMG_20160925_060533.jpg
    IMG_20160925_060533.jpg
    71.2 KB · Views: 296
Reactions: 11 people
What happened is Mac came out with his usual game planning and tried to take the game from us and take us out of the game early, but we have learned how to withstand the onslaught. It wasn't the first time and won't be the last time you will see it so I don't understand what is so confusing. It's our identity now. We are a second half heads up resilient team.

VN Store

Back