Todd Kelly: 'We just took their soul, really."

I don't really understand what happened. First half we overpowered your oline. Your receivers couldn't breathe. Dobbs looked weak and indecisive.

Second half everything turned. Weird

Florida pulled a Tennessee.

Other than that I think the over confidence bit them hard last night especially calloway. JMO.

Reactions: 1 person
Since Tebow. Had Jacoby Brisset stayed...

But Appleby and Del Rio have been coached up considerably since they have been there imo. Much better than what they were at previous stops.
They are effective if that line blocks. But they can't create yards and conversions on their own when it breaks down.

TNs depth at DL showed up today. That's what caused the turnaround. 4 straight drives of 3 and out 2nd half.

We also have a DC that can make adjustments. We took away your deep ball and screen game.
Offensively Dobbs is tough to stop period. When hes passing like that, plus yall were blitzing...

Florida is good.

Make no mistake about it has ldr played the game would have been much different

Our defense was turning up the pressure after halftime and getting those 3 and outs. The Florida defense wore down. This was just like what happened to Tennessee's defense in the first quarter in Bristol.

The thing that was different is that Tennessee had the much more explosive offense and the Gators had already played a half so they were out of gas. Tennessee just forced the defense onto the field for a long time with those consecutive three and out sequences and Florida couldn't hang.

Plus, Tennessee quit dropping passes. They said Tennessee hasn't dropped five passes in the last ten games combined before this one.

If Tennessee had been catching the ball that hit them in the hands, this would have been like a 55-14 blowout

Reactions: 4 people
Big picture that's accurate. But in the trenches ? Just a 180. For no explicable reason. It's like it was fated.

Six consecutive 3-and-outs. The Florida D couldn't catch a minute of rest in the 2nd half. That was the difference, and what allowed UTs offense to break the game open.

Reactions: 2 people
Hits home huh..😜

Yes and no.

I was as surprised as anyone at the first half. Applesauce was a star in the making. We were picking up 5-6 yards on every run. The defense looked like it could read your mind.

Then a completely different game happened.

Yes and no.

I was as surprised as anyone at the first half. Applesauce was a star in the making. We were picking up 5-6 yards on every run. The defense looked like it could read your mind.

This is how we felt last season.

Yes and no.

Guessing the entire fax didn't make it through. :)

Obrien has probably been the most consistant D lineman this year. Goes hard every play
he also sets a good example for our younger,less experienced, linemen. exactly what we need as we are getting more and more younger players some reps mostly on defense. we are also able to rotate "quality" players that allows time for players to refresh while not having a big drop-off in effeicency.

That was a crazy turn around. It was almost liken FL decided everything they were doing in the first half needed to be changed.

We adjust very well. Shoop is a genius IMO. His adjustments are spot on. Debord called a great game as well. We have people on the sidelines now who actually know what they're doing. That is such a breath of fresh air. I do not buy the Florida gave up idea.

I can't believe I'm saying this, but I have to give some props t0 Colton Jumper last night. By far his best game. Now I see a little of what the coaches saw in him.:clap:

VN Store

Back