Tony Basilio Tweet

I may be wrong, but if she goes now, the program has a good chance to recover, but if they wait another year or two it will be too late.
If Holly stays and 3-4 starters leave,for programs with better coaching, then Tennessee will have a losing season in 2019-2020

Is it possible that Westbrook decided to transfer at the end of this season way back in December when she went home for Christmas break and talked things over with her mother? Her bad body language and prima donna pouting were evident starting in January. Perhaps she realizes that she will have to sit out one year under NCAA transfer rules and would prefer to play right away at her new school. If she can initiate a coaching change at Tennessee she might be eligible to play immediately. So perhaps she is leaving regardless of what happens to Coach Warlick, but would prefer to have a valid reason (a coaching change) to petition the NCAA for immediate eligibility.

What do you mean? The tweet siting the sports animal is weird. Can I not ask a question on here.
You can, sorry, this multi-year sh!t show makes at least me a little pissy. I personally think it is pretty clear - based on the decision about CHW they will decide to leave or stay.

My take: Not being fired but being given a new role and replaced as coach.

My take: signed a 1 year extension

“ I’m excited to continue to be the women’s head basketball coach and teach young women the game of basketball to help them get to the next level of effort and execution”

My take: signed a 1 year extension

“ I’m excited to continue to be the women’s head basketball coach and teach young women the game of basketball to help them get to the next level of effort and execution”
It could be the first time four starters transferred all at the same time on a women's basketball team

That tweet does not make any sense to me. If the "decision" is being made tomorrow, how are the players transferring based on that "decision". The decision has not been made, yet. Would it be more correct to say that 2 players will be transferring if the correct decision is not made.

It’s an in house decision and the players know. It would be much worse if the players were kept in the dark until the GP knew.

Get ready for disappointment, imo.

We know how this went last year with Fulmer and Holly meeting. He added three more years to her contract and gave her a pay raise. The announcement tomorrow is just to tell us she'll be back next coaching for her job and that he fully support Holly.

Reactions: stlvolsfan
If Holly is retained, can they just cancel next season for the Lady Vols and just put Lady Vol fans everywhere out of their misery?

It could be the first time four starters transferred all at the same time on a women's basketball team

Maybe, if this is the case I expect the fall out to be rough and Fulmer try to justify his decision casting doubt over his decisions moving forward.

Honestly, and this may rough some feathers but football will always get the $$$ when it comes to coaches with Fulmer.

I would accept a losing season in 2019-2020 if that's what it will take to finally get rid of Holly Warlick
Shouldn’t get to that. Would be Fulmer’s first big gaffe if it isn’t announced that Warlick is stepping down to take an administrative role. Unless him bringing her back last year wasn’t the first.

Reactions: GBOTango
We know how this went last year with Fulmer and Holly meeting. He added three more years to her contract and gave her a pay raise. The announcement tomorrow is just to tell us she'll be back next coaching for her job and that he fully support Holly.
He could have done that TODAY! The reason for the delay is so Certain People can be told.

If players left because Holly was staying, that would pretty much drive a stake in the one thing always mentioned as her strong suit...recruiting.

In Survivor terms, this season is the Edge of Extinction.

Recruiting would stabilize I think

Maybe, if this is the case I expect the fall out to be rough and Fulmer try to justify his decision casting doubt over his decisions moving forward.

Honestly, and this may rough some feathers but football will always get the $$$ when it comes to coaches with Fulmer.
I think Phil Fulmer will retire again by 2021 and Holly,if she winds up keeping her job,could follow him into retirement then

I read it the opposite way, Holly is likely gone and a couple of players will probably go with her....

View attachment 199138

Which starters do you think that would be? Cheridene and Meme graduate, so that leaves a pool of Evina, Rennia and Mimi. I could see Mimi leaving in protest of Holly's dismissal, but can't imagine Evina or Rennia being in her corner...especially Evina.

VN Store

Back