Trey Smith!

Don't want them. Unfortuately, every fan base has it's share of *ssholes that the decent fans would like to kick to curb.

No worry Surge. The Vols fans he is referring to thought Saban was serious when he said Derek Dooley was a good coach or didn't understand what Saban meant after he said its not going to be that easy to run when Alabama plays a good team after the Tennessee game. So as long as any fan that is critical of the program is labeled an a hole or a troll Bama fan, you can continue to chalk up the 3rd week in October as a tune up for any difficult games Alabama has left on its schedule.

On the bright side, at least we will have 1 5 star tackle for next year. Curious to see how that stacks up against Alabamas line next year. Should be a start at least.

Welcome, Trey!! I knew Trey's sister Ashley during my time at UT. She was a manager for the Lady Vols basketball team and a true VFL that made the most of her time there. I'm sure her experience played a huge role in his decision. It's great to welcome such a talented player that's already bought in to the program, the tradition, and the Big Orange family. I'm so excited to see him on the field!

Reactions: 1 person
with this superstar added to the roster, UT's oline will be dominant very soon.

I have heard several players say that Dobbs has a run pass option on every play. If that is true do you think it helps the oline at all or hurts their progression? I actually think we have a lot of really good players on the oline. I hate seeing them have to change positions every time someone is hurt.

New material is not needed. Same agenda. They are obviously not fans and have a vast playground in VN.

Yes they are Vol fans and they are disgusted with the on the field coaching mediocrity. Losing to Vandy and South Carolina should not be acceptable to a program that puts 100,000 fannies in the seats every week.

I am very happy with Butch's ability to recruit and especially happy that he is bringing in a great individual to this program. We need more of these classy people in our program and the character of this team speaks for itself.

You really have no right to question anyone's fandom. Especially if you have no idea what their involvement or dedication to the program might be. I would never question yours. Time to stop this acting like a juvenile and attacking others of our fan base for their opinion. Grow up.

I have an idea....let's get the best news we could and instead of giving high fives we bicker constantly about things that really don't matter. We all knew Trey would make or break this class and that CBJ is a good recruiter. Instead of focusing on things none of us can change let's sit back, enjoy the moment and cross our fingers this kid signs in Feb! May give momentum to the rest of the class too! Success breeds success!

GBO!!!!

WHEW, I have not typed a word ever since we Lost to the Yard Birds.... way too much going on here, I can not help myself with this news.....

"Boom!"

You view me as being drastic because of the lens you chose to view people that have lost support for CBJ. I always have and always will supported this program. I have been hammered for supporting players. The reason I am willing to do that is because the players are the program.
The difference is I don't think this is the first disappointing season under CBJ. The previous are just more easily excused because of the state of the program when he arrived. In CBJ first season, a disciplined team beats Vanderbilt and goes to a bowl game. In his second season, a disciplined football team beats Florida. To remain fair, I think the other loses we were just outmatched. In 2015, a disciplined football team doesn't drop 3 games where it held 14 point leads and a 4th quarter lead against Alabama. If it were just one or two, maybe you can excuse it, but all four? This year, a disciplined football team doesn't lose to Vandy and USC. Maybe one, and we can just chalk it up as a bad game.
So I have hit the point that I have seen enough to know that Jones does not have the ability to field a well coached fundamentally sound football team. If he did, we would not see 4 years of the inability to do so.
I'm not saying fire the guy. To be honest, I don't really care what they do. Ill be there to support the guys regardless. I just view football very simply. You do not need flashy gimmicks to win at the highest levels. The football teams that are consistently good do one thing well, the execute basic fundamentals. We have four years of tape to view that Tennessee does not.
You add that to the fact that CBJ is a complete PR disaster off the field. He says things on a constant basis that everyone knows are not true. Why?
I hope that Butch Jones is the coach here for the next 20 years. I don't give a crap is Britney Spears is the coach as long as Tennessee field a fundamentally sound football team. SO if CBJ is here 10-20 years from now, that means he hired people that know how to do that. My issue now, is I don't think that is going to happen and so we are delaying the inevitable. Good thing is my opinion is meaningless. I don't make any decisions. I don't boycott games to get a point across and other nonsense. I have no inside information or influence and hold no power at Tennessee. I simply support them when I can financially and in person and use them to teach my kids lessons and enjoy spending time with them.

No sir, "Yet on Volnation, if you are not bowing at the alter of Butch to show how great he is, you are not a true fan." is kind of a drastic statement. And after the Dooley years, I was fine with CBJ's every year improvement of the amount of games we won and the awesome bowl game victories we had. I think most of us were. That's why I said this is the first real disappointing season under CBJ. He hasn't been the cause of all the issues. That was my point.

Reactions: 1 person

VN Store

Back