Trey Smith!

1. This is a nasty Mofo!.
2. I hope he invest in his foot work and snap off the ball.
3. I am backing off my butch rants off being fired. I hope he will do what he needs to do to get it right.

Reactions: 3 people
Serious question here guys - did Trey Smith commit because of our O line coach or OC or was it due to our other recruiting coaches (i.e Martinez, Gillespie, etc.) ???

Just wondering how much a change in OC or O Line coach would make in this commitment...???

My guess is that it's great school, in great city, in his great home state, and he grew up watching the Vols. I heard before the announcement he ask Trey Teague to be there for the announcement. Trey T. probably had a great deal of influence telling Trey S. about how much he would enjoy Tennessee. I imagine when he visited Tennessee he felt very much at home like we all did when first arrived on campus. It's very comfortable to be around your people. That's all of us who love the University of Tennessee. Trey noted in his remarks the great rapport he had with the current players. He's knows he's a very talented player and believes he can make a difference (and very likely will). As so many of us learn in life, you almost always get out of something, what you put into it. Therefore, even is we don't win a NC he can still make his mark. I feel 100% confident that he will look back in a few years and realize he absolutely made the right decision.

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 people
Serious question here guys - did Trey Smith commit because of our O line coach or OC or was it due to our other recruiting coaches (i.e Martinez, Gillespie, etc.) ???

Just wondering how much a change in OC or O Line coach would make in this commitment...???[/QUOTE

Really, who cares? I think the point is that #4 overall recruit in country believes in the plan, what ever it may be. Maybe fans should too. Disappointments aside from this season, this is a BIG step to improving our football team! Stud OL and Stud DL's is how you win championships.

Reactions: 1 person
Great job, Butch and staff. Now the development process begins.

As a side note, I was watching this one to try to get a little feel for what/if changes may be upcoming to the program. Considering how poorly our offensive linemen have been developed the last few years, and the current turmoil around the program, I figured if this guy decides to come it's probably because the coaching staff have some really good news upcoming on other fronts. Things that would be encouraging to him. So this is an encouraging commitment for other reasons than just being a great player.

A step in the right direction. Dooley would've lost him so at least Butch can still recruit.

Just keep this Alabama mutt away from him until NSD
butler-w-suitcase-full-of-money-psd-452731.png

My guess is that it's great school, in great city, in his great home state, and he grew up watching the Vols. I heard before the announcement he ask Trey Teague to be there for the announcement. Trey T. probably had a great deal of influence telling Trey S. about how much he would enjoy Tennessee. I imagine when he visited Tennessee he felt very much at home like we all did when first arrived on campus. It's very comfortable to be around your people. That's all of us who love the University of Tennessee. Trey noted in his remarks the great rapport he had with the current players. He's knows he's a very talented player and believes he can make a difference (and very likely will). As so many of us learn in life, you almost always get out of something, what you put into it. Therefore, even is we don't win a NC he can still make his mark. I feel 100% confident that he will look back in a few years and realize he absolutely made the right decision.

I am from the Jackson area and I agree with what you said. Trey Smith comes from a very good Christian family and they seem to really love UT. I think that Al Wilson may have spoken to the Smith family as well. Trey Teague is a great ambassador for UT and his best friend Mr. Manning is as well. I would not doubt it if the OL coach remains but I would not be surprised if he does not return either. I do know that the recruitment of Trey was a all coaches on deck type thing. It certainly did not hurt that Treys sister Ashlee is the head coaches executive assistant either.

If lyle will do his job and clean up some of the assistants and then coach up Trey we may have a chance to right this ship. I would assume the OL coach will remain now!

You may even start capitalizing his name and calling him Butch or Coach Jones. The little immature dig is tiresome.

Reactions: 6 people
I am from the Jackson area and I agree with what you said. Trey Smith comes from a very good Christian family and they seem to really love UT. I think that Al Wilson may have spoken to the Smith family as well. Trey Teague is a great ambassador for UT and his best friend Mr. Manning is as well. I would not doubt it if the OL coach remains but I would not be surprised if he does not return either. I do know that the recruitment of Trey was a all coaches on deck type thing. It certainly did not hurt that Treys sister Ashlee is the head coaches executive assistant either.

Girl gets a big Christmas bonus this year. :)

1. This is a nasty Mofo!.
2. I hope he invest in his foot work and snap off the ball.
3. I am backing off my butch rants off being fired. I hope he will do what he needs to do to get it right.

Don't bother backing off because you will be saying it again within a week.

TN #7 Class on Scout now!! :rock::rock:

Negavols have moved back under the base boards! :)

The vol fans question have legitimacy. With all the talent why aren't they translating into more wins. Why all the injuries. Why we are playing press man when we aren't any good at it. Why are we giving up over 2000 yrds in the last 3 games. Why did we lose to a 12th grader verses usce. And, why are you 2-2 verses candy! Thise are legit questions

Reactions: 6 people
You may even start capitalizing his name and calling him Butch or Coach Jones. The little immature dig is tiresome.

Well it seems like a name like luther would be capital as well so your little immature dig is tiresome.
since you have been on VN such a long time , April 2016 you may not know there is an ignore button you can use as well. luther! besides no one was talking to you luther!:machgun:

The vol fans question have legitimacy. With all the talent why aren't they translating into more wins. Why all the injuries. Why we are playing press man when we aren't any good at it. Why are we giving up over 2000 yrds in the last 3 games. Why did we lose to a 12th grader verses usce. And, why are you 2-2 verses candy! Thise are legit questions
If only they had been discussed before in another thread....

Please take the crap elsewhere and let those who want to enjoy this nice commitment

Reactions: 9 people

VN Store

Back