Tweets from Forde/Goodman (SIAP)

Howland would be my 1st choice....but that hire still scares me some. I like the thought of hiring White. I just can't get excited at all about Tubby since Minnesota canned him.

Reactions: 3 people
I just don't understand why any of you guys think we will get a proven head coach like Marshall. Its not going to happen guys.

Reactions: 1 person
I'm thinking Tyndall or White it comes down to

I think you are spot on. When it boils down to theses two, it seems they are going to either choose between a winning track record with NCAA experiences (that may be a home run) or a shorter track record with the hope that the best untapped potential will come in the next two years.

White actually scares me a little. Not that I don't think he will be successful wherever he goes, but that once Andy Kennedy is canned at Ole Miss, White will go back home. I've felt Tyndall was our best (and safest) option for a while if we couldn't get a "sexy" name.

Let's see here. A couple of ESPN guy's stoke the fire with some negative tweets about TN's coaching search. Volnation starts discussing said tweets. Then all hell breaks loose on VolNation. Then someone at ESPN will say that TN got what it deserved. Just look at their idiot fan base. It's a never ending cycle on here. And guess what? ESPN gets just what it wanted. It gets to take a jab at us at our expense. Perfect.:loco:

Pat Forde needs to get off of UK's teat. I can't take anything he says seriously.

UK fans think Forde hates UK.

Personally, I think Forde has disliked UT ever since Fulmer was fired, which explains how he managed to work that into his hitpiece yesterday on UT and Martin parting ways.

Reactions: 1 person
I was afraid of this. The toxic nature of this job is growing by the day, and the media is only perpetuating it with jab after jab. This could get ugly. Forde and Goodman almost seem to be enjoying the tumult.

That's why I tried to tell people who were blowing off these national media people pointing and laughing at us, that you may not wanna do that.

Sure criticize Reggie Miller or Dana Oneil because they didn't watch all 100 games coached by Zo. However their voice is a lot louder than yours (not you specifically) and if they're trashing the program it's not good.

Howland...Howland...HOWLAND!!

Howland has more final 4's than all of them combined

Howland would be my 1st choice....but that hire still scares me some. I like the thought of hiring White. I just can't get excited at all about Tubby since Minnesota canned him.

Gator fans would approve of Howland, too; Billy is 3-0 against him... beat him for the 2006 NC, beat him again the next year in the Final 4, and beat him again in a 2011 NCAAT matchup that sent the winner to the Sweet 16.

To prove it was no fluke he beat his replacement this year in the Sweet 16. :)

Since Forde is lurking Vol Nation here's him something to tweet ...The Zen master was seen at McGee Tyson...hmmmm...

That's why I tried to tell people who were blowing off these national media people pointing and laughing at us, that you may not wanna do that.

Sure criticize Reggie Miller or Dana Oneil because they didn't watch all 100 games coached by Zo. However their voice is a lot louder than yours (not you specifically) and if they're trashing the program it's not good.

I agree. And perception is often reality. If you are trying to convince someone to come, it sure doesnt help your cause to have the national media out in force, even if only half of what they are saying is true.

VN Store

Back