Tweets from Forde/Goodman (SIAP)

I found your post laughable. The "toxic" nature of this job blah blah blah.

I'm not saying it is toxic. I'm saying that the perception is such. And the national media are only fueling that perception. Not sure how you see the truth as laughable. Also not sure why you can't just disagree without being a dick, but to each their own

Reactions: 1 person
Forde also used the word "probably" and then goodman followed up.

These guys don't know squat.

It works both ways. I'm not sure I believe Tubby Smith and Ben Howland have expressed legitimate interest.

There's too much we don't know. We don't know who Hart covets. Pitino may have thrown his hat in the ring and we said no thanks.

Taking Forde's tweets saying who "probably" won't be our coach as gospel is silly and to me shows you maybe have an agenda.

I'm not saying it is toxic. I'm saying that the perception is such. And the national media are only fueling that perception. Not sure how you see the truth as laughable. Also not sure why you can't just disagree without being a dick, but to each their own

Zero impact on our ability to hire a coach. Zero.

Rob Lewis agrees with me. Mickey Dearstone and Wes Rucker and Heather Harrington side with you. I'll roll with Rob on this one and anything else he differs from those 3 on.

I can agree with that, but acting as if Goodman has no clue is not intelligent, and he was involved in the conversation.

Unfortunatley I agree with you. Don't likes these guys at all because they seem to delight in reporting the negative. But they are in the know as bad as I hate to say it.

It works both ways. I'm not sure I believe Tubby Smith and Ben Howland have expressed legitimate interest.

There's too much we don't know. We don't know who Hart covets. Pitino may have thrown his hat in the ring and we said no thanks.

Taking Forde's tweets saying who "probably" won't be our coach as gospel is silly and to me shows you maybe have an agenda.

I have nothing to back it up, but I believe both are. I hope we have interest in Howland, and I hope we do NOT have any in Smith.

That's why I tried to tell people who were blowing off these national media people pointing and laughing at us, that you may not wanna do that.

Sure criticize Reggie Miller or Dana Oneil because they didn't watch all 100 games coached by Zo. However their voice is a lot louder than yours (not you specifically) and if they're trashing the program it's not good.

The problem is everyone points to his postseason run to justify why we shouldn't have treated him "poorly". Right or wrong on the petition, at the time our tourney chances were slim and in 2.5 yrs this team and coaching staff had done nothing to give anyone hope that they'd do what it took to get in.

The national media either ignores or doesn't realize this team was sitting at .500 in a pathetic conference 75% of the way through the season. Must all of us knew this team had SW16 talent and potential but lacked the psyche to achieve it. They can't use his postseason run to rub in our face when the petition was out 4-5 weeks before all that took place. Hindsights 20/20 and bandwagon jumping is easiest after the fact. These talking heads act like they were on board all along and are now passing judgement from their paper thrones.

Reactions: 2 people

We'll just agree to disagree. I just don't see how the waves of negative publicity won't cast even the slightest shadow of doubt over our program. Four football coaches, three basketball coaches and two ADs in six years doesn't paint a picture of stability.

The smear campaign seems to be on from the national media because it's an intriguing story. We'll just disagree about the impact it has on the coaching hire.

VQ has already listed names that have been contacted, are you saying they're FOS and making stuff up?

I'm saying speculation and misinformation is running rampant. No, I don't believe for a second they know exactly what's transpiring. I also know that everything is subject to change. What's "fact" today may not be tomorrow. Commenting is one thing, passing off what "someone" said as fact is entirely another.

Rob Lewis agrees with me. Mickey Dearstone and Wes Rucker and Heather Harrington side with you. I'll roll with Rob on this one and anything else he differs from those 3 on.

I'm pretty sure the 30+ thousand fan's "p word" will absolutely have an impact on our coaching hire. I believe that is a big part of the "toxic" atmosphere and would cause at least one coach to turn his head. And the catalyst of the negative perception can only been found in the mirror.

GBO

Goodman doesn't know squat?

Wow.

Yet just above you question VQ, funny how you pick and choose what fits your argument lol

The problem is everyone points to his postseason run to justify why we shouldn't have treated him "poorly". Right or wrong on the petition, at the time our tourney chances were slim and in 2.5 yrs this team and coaching staff had done nothing to give anyone hope that they'd do what it took to get in.

The national media either ignores or doesn't realize this team was sitting at .500 in a pathetic conference 75% of the way through the season. Must all of us knew this team had SW16 talent and potential but lacked the psyche to achieve it. They can't use his postseason run to rub in our face when the petition was out 4-5 weeks before all that took place. Hindsights 20/20 and bandwagon jumping is easiest after the fact. These talking heads act like they were on board all along and are now passing judgement from their paper thrones.

I'm not saying they're wrong about what they're saying, but the fact is they're saying it, and their voices are much louder than those saying UT did the right thing.

Hopefully, after we get turned down by 5 or 6 coaches, we land on Michael White. Then he works out, and in turn Hart makes another solid hire that happened to be his 5th or 6th pick.

Reactions: 1 person
That should tell you something folks

Shaka and Marshall, ok.

But getting shot down by Miller and Pitino?

Not good news.

The joke is on all the delusional Vol fans that thought we were going to get rid of CCM and make a big name hire. That ended when Bruce Pearl went to Auburn. Dave Hart has Made a cluster of this since mid-season. Sure wish we had a decent AD, not to mention Chancellor. No wonder we are a national joke when it comes to athletics.

VN Store

Back