Two CBs decommitting after "big" recruiting weekend?

no.. 5'9-5'10 is NFL bro if the guy was 5'7 or something u have a point but a 6'2 corner is a a skinny free safety at the collegiate level. 5'9-6'1 is the sweet spot for a corner under 200lbs and over 170. If they dropped it was because they were told to kick rocks or didn't buy in.

Keep in mind that lots of athletes lie about their height. Happens all the time even for big guys. Listing them at 5’9” or 5’10” could really be 5’7”.

Reactions: 1 person
CJP wants the tall guys. I think Martin would have been a million time better under this staff.

The Juco guy we just offered is listed at 6'3.

I for one hope we don't have anymore of those smurf dbs unless they run a 4.3 with a 40" vert.

Pruitt has coached the Alabama defense. Its pretty good. I think he know what kind of players he wants to come to Tennessee to win. Just trust Pruitt people, we will be ok.

no.. 5'9-5'10 is NFL bro if the guy was 5'7 or something u have a point but a 6'2 corner is a a skinny free safety at the collegiate level. 5'9-6'1 is the sweet spot for a corner under 200lbs and over 170. If they dropped it was because they were told to kick rocks or didn't buy in.

It always goes down to folks that never played not getting it. There are at the very least 3 different kinds of corners that have totally different mentalities.

1 man=shutdown
2 zone
3 this one is specific to college because of how hashmarks are set, boundary.

you also have the slot guy who comes in in a nickle/dime or 5-2 defense and depending has a different level of responsibility. But to get to a high level in the NCAA or get to the NFL you are one of the first 2 mostly.

Now the guy that makes it to the nfl is usually a mix of the 3. Can do it all. In fact unless the first 2 on your team were high round picks if you are a boundary corner or slot guy NFL prospects are 0. That's the guy with a limited skill set u scheme around.

Most NFL CB's are in that 5-9 to 6-0 range. The guys outside of that are the exception. In college 5'7-6'0 is awesome. if u are gonna read read the right book.

Thank you for the lesson . Back to the original point , these CBs are too small. Alabama is obviously the template that is being followed here. Out of the 18 DBS on Bubba's roster , only 4 are below 6'0. One of the 4 are 5'10 , the other 3 are 5'11. The average height of the remaining 14 is nearly 6'1. Considering the success of this secondary ...6'1 is the sweet spot in college

Last edited:
Well, you got half the story.

Chatman was not offered by Tennessee at the time of the LSU offer and he committed along with his teammates. Once Butch's staff got off their ass and offered him, he committed on the spot. His mother is a UT alum Im pretty sure and they were very happy for the offer.

Well according to the recruiting thread we offered Feb 23 2017. He committed to LSU april 22. Decommitted LSU ~6months ago. He decommitted after a visit to UT. So maybe you are misremembering offer vs a visit. Or I'm misreading something, one of these sources is wrong, or you're just talking out of your a**.

So add Chatman to the list? From what I saw he was a 3 star from Georgia. Big guy.

Maybe Butch promised these kids more playing time than Pruitt wants to commit to? Or many other reasons I guess.

I don't think we can totally discount the idea that these prior commits chose Butch over Pruitt in the 1st place..and maybe don't like the guy? I don't know.

I think some of it will be who fits the 3-4 in relation to linemen and backers.

Well according to the recruiting thread we offered Feb 23 2017. He committed to LSU april 22. Decommitted LSU ~6months ago. He decommitted after a visit to UT. So maybe you are misremembering offer vs a visit. Or I'm misreading something, one of these sources is wrong, or you're just talking out of your a**.

I'll take a dozen of the last one.

Reactions: 1 person
So what you are saying is that it is harder to recruit a bigger guy w the same speed and agility as the smaller guy?

VN Store

Back