Tyndall looking to bring some players?

And maybe he feels he has to take risks to improve the post position at Tennessee.

My point simply is he's the same coach, if that's his stance at UT that likely was his stance at USM, doubt he had a philosophical change overnight.

Ellis got into a fight at a night club as a 18 year old kid, it's not as though he held up a gas station or something. If Tyndall was recruiting him to USM I'm guessing he feels confident in his evaluation of him.

He also was one of the four who came off the bench in the Xavier-Cincy brawl and was suspended.

I'm not looking to argue with you about it.

He also was one of the four who came off the bench in the Xavier-Cincy brawl and was suspended.

I'm not looking to argue with you about it.

And Jarnell Stokes reportedly broke his own teammates jaw and nose. Sometimes you bend your own rules a bit to take a guy you think will win you games.

I have never trusted anyone that would not look who they are talking to in the eyes. Check out Martin's pressers and interviews. He looks down when talking , most of the time.

Let's see if Tyndall looks who he is answering in the eyes. Take it from an old man, that says a lot about someone.

I'm older than you and I'd say that's a crock a sheat. Ever talk to the man in person?
Completely different than in front of cameras.

I'm older than you and I'd say that's a crock a sheat. Ever talk to the man in person?
Completely different than in front of cameras.

If that is the case you're just a senile old man...................just kidding.

After all the flack Cuonzo caught for taking one of his recruits with him that had committed to us for a matter of hours. You people are incredible.

And when I say you people, of course I mean simple-minded Vol fans.

Or all the ones saying that James Franklin was trash taking all of Vandy's recruits (yet still laughing at Vandy)?

With that said, does he have ANYONE that can play inside to ease the loss of Stokes? Just bring a big body that can defend, rebound, and block shots. I'm not asking much...:dance2:

Listening to Tyndall on Sports Animal now. He said that Phil Cofer is the only new recruit he hasn't talked to. Larry Austin is still planning to be a Vol!!! Tyndall says he is going to call Cofer after his interview with Hymms is over. That easies my mind a lot!

This is huge to me cause I really like Larry Austin, his game reminds me of Russell Westbrook. He and Cofer are my favs in this class but I like all guys a lot. Wouldn't mind adding another one or two.

If Larry Austin is a pg that likes to control the game and have the ball in his hands, this is a better fit than the coach he committed to.

Ellis doesn't seem to fit the character profile Tyndall spoke of, but he may have turned things around.

He was recruiting him to USM so apparently he does. And every coach says that. If we recruited solid choir boys we'd be hurting for talent. Everyone takes chances on a head case here and there.

He was recruiting him to USM so apparently he does. And every coach says that. If we recruited solid choir boys we'd be hurting for talent. Everyone takes chances on a head case here and there.

I've stated my thoughts in this thread already, but a guy who leaves the bench, is involved in one of the worst in-game fights in recent memory, and subsequently suspended, and then dismissed for his role in yet another fight at a nightclub doesn't fit the profile that Tyndall laid out in his press conference yesterday. It's not like he got busted for underage drinking once. The guy, by all accounts, has either a propensity for violence, anger management issues, or both.

Two ways to look at it. One, Tyndall was being disingenuous with his words in his press conference, and won't take the hardline stance he said he will. Two, Ellis has matured a whole lot, and those days are behind him. Or three, maybe Tyndall felt he had to take more chances on a kid like Ellis at USM. Perhaps his stance wasn't quite as rigid there because of the difficulty to draw talent to play basketball in Hattiesburg, MS.

I'm not definitively saying that either Tyndall or Ellis are bad guys or that we should/will only recruit choir boys. I'm just saying that the Ellis that played, was suspended, and ultimately dismissed from Cincy doesn't (on the surface) appear to match the profile of the type of player that DT says he will recruit at Tennessee, and the fact that he was being recruited by Tyndall to USM isn't proof positive that he fits that profile at Tennessee.

I'm not trying to be argumentative about it. I'm just giving my opinion on why something doesn't add up in that scenario. We can agree to disagree if you prefer.

Maybe Tyndall is willing to give the kid a chance. If the kid can't stay out of trouble THEN he will be booted.

I've stated my thoughts in this thread already, but a guy who leaves the bench, is involved in one of the worst in-game fights in recent memory, and subsequently suspended, and then dismissed for his role in yet another fight at a nightclub doesn't fit the profile that Tyndall laid out in his press conference yesterday. It's not like he got busted for underage drinking once. The guy, by all accounts, has either a propensity for violence, anger management issues, or both.

Two ways to look at it. One, Tyndall was being disingenuous with his words in his press conference, and won't take the hardline stance he said he will. Two, Ellis has matured a whole lot, and those days are behind him. Or three, maybe Tyndall felt he had to take more chances on a kid like Ellis at USM. Perhaps his stance wasn't quite as rigid there because of the difficulty to draw talent to play basketball in Hattiesburg, MS.

I'm not definitively saying that either Tyndall or Ellis are bad guys or that we should/will only recruit choir boys. I'm just saying that the Ellis that played, was suspended, and ultimately dismissed from Cincy doesn't (on the surface) appear to match the profile of the type of player that DT says he will recruit at Tennessee, and the fact that he was being recruited by Tyndall to USM isn't proof positive that he fits that profile at Tennessee.

I'm not trying to be argumentative about it. I'm just giving my opinion on why something doesn't add up in that scenario. We can agree to disagree if you prefer.

:question:

Come on Weez...two is the new three. Haven't you heard?

I just hope you had someone else do your taxes. Don't want the IRS showing up at your door. Maybe you should register democrat just to be safe.

I just hope you had someone else do your taxes. Don't want the IRS showing up at your door. Maybe you should register democrat just to be safe.

Nope. Do my own. Have for years. You're not with the IRS are you? Feels like entrapment.

But when you do nothing but lose and have a sorry character to boot, it makes it easy to fire you.

Dooley was the worst coach Tennessee football ever had. Type "worst Tennessee coach" and Dooley is the first to pop up. No other Tennessee coach and certainly not in recent history has ever been that bad. And Tennessee high school talent has improved drastically, so yeah, it's important not to slam doors at home.

Yeah, if he won nine games we probably wouldn't care, but we hired him to win games and he proved inept on just about every level. He had three seasons and never had a winning record. He basically stole from the AD. His buyout was disgusting.

Dooley beat Butch.

VN Store

Back