UF looks to spoil TN's season

Their back ups beat us all the time it seems.

On another note. It seems everyone is already chalking the Dawgs up as a win

I am. I think that their defense gets exposed. Offensively they will be good, but our defense should get enough stops to get the win.

In regards to UF. I see us boat racing them. UT 45-UF-13

Reactions: 1 person
Did you really think Tennessee was going to beat Florida from 2007-2011? We were heavy underdogs in all of those games.

Thinking we were Going to win is different than Could win.

My optimism for could win went as follows....

07? Yes
08? No
09? No
10? No
11? No
12? Yes*
13? Yes
14? Yes*
15? Yes*

*thought we were GOING to win (and should have).

Reactions: 2 people
FWIW, I think you win this year. Ironically, this may the the year where Florida starts slow and gets better as the year goes on. The game being early this year hurts UF's chances, whereas it has helped us the last several. Slow starts have been the m.o. for UT the last five years, but this year, with the experience you have, you might be stronger early.

You and LW say the same thing ever year.

Our defense will be facing one of these QBs:

UF QB Harris to TransferDel Rio threw just 18 career passes at Oregon State before transferring. Appleby has thrown as many touchdowns as interceptions (19) in his career and couldn't keep his job at Purdue. It's not exactly an ideal situation if McElwain hopes to repeat as SEC East champs.

In 2014 - Treon threw two passes , before the UT game and completed two more in the UT game, and he won the game for us.

In 2015 - Will Grier had zero career pass attempts before the season started, and he looked like an All American against UT.

Last edited:
Thinking we were Going to win is different than Could win.

My optimism for could win went as follows....

07? Yes
08? No
09? No
10? No
11? No
12? Yes*
13? Yes
14? Yes*
15? Yes*

*thought we were GOING to win (and should have).

You thought we had a chance on the road in '07 after the way our defense had looked against Cal in the opener? You're definitely more optimistic than myself... I hope you didn't put any money on it.

In 2014 - Treon threw two passes , before the UT game and completed two more in the UT game, and he won the game for us.

In 2015 - Will Grier had zero career pass attempts before the season started, and he looked like an All American against UT.

For Grier, only the last two drives. And in large part because of absolutely inept schematic decisions by our former DC and head coach.

Reactions: 3 people
why should this year be any different than any other season? There are plenty of florida games we could have won--but we almost always don't. Fans who think we're just going to roll over florida are apt to be disappointed...again. I hope we do, but I've seen the Vols f--k up far too many florida games.....

I with ya. This game has been a mental struggle for a long time. If our Vols can beat the physiological brain game this year, I really believe that our edge in talent will ride us to a win. It all starts with the mental head game. Go Vols!

For Grier, only the last two drives. And in large part because of absolutely inept schematic decisions by our former DC and head coach.

This!

It cracks me up when people talk about Grier being roided up! For 3 quarters he was average at best...and then the roids kicked in?!

Honestly, on the subject of Florida I don't even know what to say anymore lol. We have beaten this topic to death on this board. Lord, bring us Sept. 1st please.

VN Store

Back