Uniform/Helmet/Shoe design thread (merged)

It's all apart of the fading into the smoky mountains on the helmet. I'm pretty sure I heard that somewhere. If not I came up with it somehow

That actually may have been me lol. If so, it's not coming from any position of knowledge. I just noticed that the darkest (bottom) shade in the helmet matches the shoulders, so I figured that had to have at least something to do with the darker shoulders (as a way to respect the smokey gray and have that be the dominant color of the jersey while still having it flow into the helmet)

Judging by what they released for Miami...UT dropped Adidas at the right time.

Eh, I think it looks better than what Nike had Miami wearing. Nike had Miami wearing absolute crap ever since they changed them around 2001. Their newest ones at least look closer to their classic look than anything they've worn since.

From a distance they looked fine, but then I saw that goofy stretch pattern they insist on putting in their jerseys.

It would have looked awful on a UT orange jersey, IMO.

That pattern looks awful. I didn't mind so much when it was just the shoulders, but over the whole jersey it looks horrible. I'm glad we made the switch when we did.

Nice. Where did you find this?

Also a question for dp, in the reveal video the smokey grey helmet had the normal orange and white checkerboard stripe on it. Will that be the norm or will it be one like this? I assume that it would be similar to the one pictured but was wondering why they used that in the reveal.

Also a question for dp, in the reveal video the smokey grey helmet had the normal orange and white checkerboard stripe on it. Will that be the norm or will it be one like this? I assume that it would be similar to the one pictured but was wondering why they used that in the reveal.

Orange and white checkerboard stripe? It looks like this:

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    53 KB · Views: 5

A buddy of mine sent it to me. He probably nabbed it off twitter. Given the background, it might be done by the same guy that DP knows.

That's why they didn't focus on the back of the helmet in the reveal show, the decals had only come in for the home helmet and not for the alternate. So they used the home stripe with the white background.

The alternate helmet will not have the white background.

The promo shots are from Nike's prototype that had the correct decal.

Good catch. Never noticed that.

That's why they didn't focus on the back of the helmet in the reveal show, the decals had only come in for the home helmet and not for the alternate. So they used the home stripe with the white background.

The alternate helmet will not have the white background.

The promo shots are from Nike's prototype that had the correct decal.

Any talk on which game we might see the Smokey uniforms?

Maybe gray and orange checkerboard the stadium.

VN Store

Back