Unofficial Coaching Search Thread

I watched LA Tech a few times this year and was impressed with White. Don't know that much about his background, but if we are going the mid-major route, which history seems to indicate we will, then he is worth a look IMO. Total opposite style from CCM.

I agree

Reactions: 1 person
Ink is dry. His bags are in Auburn. His orange belly is now blue and orange. His job at Hackney has been filled. This is the truth. Move on from Bruce.....he has.

Reactions: 4 people
And I have 0% confidence in VN not to run off whoever we get based on completely unrealistic expectations, regardless of how good they are. Prep for mediocrity boys, you helped create it.:clapping:

If you think some stupid petition ran off Martin then you are completely clueless.

Reactions: 2 people
If Hart hires a mid-major without even contacting Howland then I want him gone too. (I know, it won't happen.)

Wishful thinking hires:
1. Smart - back up the Brinks truck and see if you can get lucky. As I've repeatedly said on here, VCU cannot be his dream job.
2. Marshall - just don't see UT spending the money to make it happen.

Somewhat realistic options:
1. Howland - no buyout and has a track record of success at a high level. However, there is a reason he is still jobless.

Realistic options:
1. Michael White - LA Tech.
2. Rick Byrd - Belmont. UT alumnus.
3. Lawrence Frank.
4. Another mid-major. That's been our last 3 hires and will probably be again.

Tad Boyle at Colorado. Was an assistant here in '97-'98 under Jerry Green

If Tennessee was going to spend some money, Mick Cronin would be a nice replacement but I do not believe will Tennessee will even go anywhere near a 2 mill salary.

I'll toss my hat into the ring.
Pros: I'll check with Volnation to formulate a game plan, I'll make adjustments based on Volnation's input, I have no problem painting my chest for ladyVols games or football games, I can be very animated while courtside, and I'll do it for $100k annually.

Cons: I have never coached or played organized bball, however, that shouldn't be and issue with the input from Volnation.

Reactions: 9 people
Jeff Goodman keeps bringing up Marshall.

Jeff Goodman ‏@GoodmanESPN
Two-pronged question: 1) Is Tennessee interested "this time" in Gregg Marshall? 2) Would he leave Wichita State now for Knoxville?

The Pilot/ Haslam plane is in the air. They are going to meet with Phil Jackson. I hear he owns property in East Tennessee and his wife once.....just once.... Attended a cheerleading competition on campus.

Reactions: 8 people
Jeff Goodman keeps bringing up Marshall.

Jeff Goodman ‏@GoodmanESPN
Two-pronged question: 1) Is Tennessee interested "this time" in Gregg Marshall? 2) Would he leave Wichita State now for Knoxville?
Please let this happen!!

The Pilot/ Haslam plane is in the air. They are going to meet with Phil Jackson. I hear he owns property in East Tennessee and his wife once.....just once.... Attended a cheerleading competition on campus.
Jackson is engaged to Dr. Jerry Buss' daughter.

VN Store

Back